Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Here's an intersting topic, Greatest players of all-time that never won a League MVP. These 5 will blow your mind:

1. Jerry West - Yep he never won one!

2. Elgin Baylor

3. Isiah Thomas - He played in an era where Magic and Jordan kept winning it.

4. Dwyane Wade

5. Scottie Pippen - I guess because he played with Jordan, he had very little chance to win one.

i liked sabonis better than turner last year.  it would be smart to check the trade market on both of them right now before we have to pay turner.  he hasnt earned a big contract either, but we might have to give him one 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I am also glad we are trying to get better,  but Darren Collison will be with the team this season.

Kevin Pritchard said that we are going to bring our top 7 guys back. Seems like he's talking about the starting 5, Domantas Sabonis, and Cory Joseph.

Looks like the main goal is to add a critical piece at small forward to potentially move Bojan to a reserve role so the bench can get even stronger. Sounds good to me.

The Thad Young situation is another problem they will need to figure out.

If we get Tyreke Evans, he has to play, right?

Pritchard and McMillan said Bogdonavic is the starter, right?

So, if we get Evans, Collison and his $10 mil paycheck go to the bench. ?

Collison has no future with us beyond this season..

He'd be signed (Team option) and traded..or we simply wouldnt pick up his option.

19 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Why is everybody acting like Lance was some legend with all-star potential or something.

Same reason you and others defend Myles Turner...and would consider paying him $20 mil a year.

Folks have their favorites

We dont make the playoffs last year without lance.....Turner missed 17 games and we all saw that Sabonis was better in the playoffs

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He'd be signed (Team option) and traded..or we simply wouldnt pick up his option.

When did Pritchard and McMillan say Bogdonovic would be the starter? They only said that he would be back on the team.

I see us playing Tyreke at SF if he signed and starting him over Bogie. Collison's role would remain the same... not like he has that much trade value anyway.

11 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Hey you know a guy named Victor Oladipo? A guy that is being treated like a king around here and deservingly so. It took him four years to actually get in shape and dedicate himself to becoming a great NBA player. 

Myles Turner is 21 years old. 21! He's not even near his prime. I don't see the big deal in giving him this season to prove whether he can reach that level or not. 

If it took seeing somebody with the work ethic of Victor to inspire Myles to train and focus on becoming a great player this offseason, I'm all for it.

Myles isnt Oladipo..Myles isnt that good.  Myles isnt going to be all-defense and the Most Improved player in the league next year. That's just a dream.

Hey, maybe Joe Young will turn into Chris Paul if he just 'gets ripped' and tries hard enough.

I can dream, too.

Blue..seriously. You're still living this fantasy that we can keep both Sabonis and Turner even though McMillan has told us repeatedly that neither can defend at the '4' position.

Do you accept the fact that, soon, both Sabonis and Turner will be enjoying long term contracts in the $18-$20 mil range.  One will be with the Pacers.One wont

Sabonis looks like the better player, like Aaron says...  Myles didnt improve last season. Domas did. Significantly.

We have other centers to be the backup next season

..so lets make a deal while Myles still has value. Thats all I'm saying

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

When did Pritchard and McMillan say Bogdonovic would be the starter?

Last week.   When did they say Collison would definetly be back.?

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Same reason you and others defend Myles Turner...and would consider paying him $20 mil a year.

Folks have their favorites

We dodnt make the playoffs last year without lance.....Turner missed 17 games and we all saw that Sabonis was better in the playoffs

Comparing Myles Turner's potential to Lance Stephenson and saying we don't make the playoffs without Lance are both laughable statements. 

It's not about Myles Turner being someone's favorite, it's seeing the potential he has as a elite rim protector who has an outside shot.

I don't see any signs of Sabonis being a rim protector at all and he gets bullied by bigger centers just like Myles has. Sabonis just is a better rebounder and post player than Myles at the moment. Myles has way more potential.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Myles isnt Oladipo..Myles isnt that good.  Myles isnt going to be all-defense and the Most Improved player in the league next year. That's just a dream.

Hey, maybe Joe Young will turn into Chris Paul if he just 'gets ripped' and tries hard enough.

I can dream, too.

Blue..seriously. You're still living this fantasy that we can keep both Sabonis and Turner even though McMillan has told us repeatedly that neither can defend at the '4' position.

Do you accept the fact that, soon, both Sabonis and Turner will be enjoying long term contracts in the $18-$20 mil range.  One will be with the Pacers.One wont

Sabonis looks like the better player, like Aaron says...  Myles didnt improve last season. Domas did. Significantly.

We have other centers to be the backup next season

..so lets make a deal while Myles still has value. Thats all I'm saying

Oladipo wasn't that good his first three years in the league in Orlando. Nobody thought Oladipo was worth that 20 million dollar contract when he was traded here and you know it. Stop acting like everyone knew how good he was. Everybody would have said Oladipo's season this year would be a dream and now it is reality.

Most of us see that Myles Turner is already an elite shot blocker, and he just needed to get stronger to be able to handle post defense better and become more physical. He is working on that this offseason. I don't see the need to hate on that.

I do not think we will be able to keep both centers. I have said plenty of times that Sabonis needs to be the one that gets traded. We will find out which center the Pacers favor next summer because one of the two will be gone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Last week.   When did they say Collison would definetly be back.?

This is a direct quote from Kevin Pritchard: “Everything is so fluid but at the end of the day, we said our top six, seven guys we wanted to have back and then make additions,” Pritchard said after the draft.

I've yet to see anything saying Bogie is guaranteed a starter next year.

6 hours ago, Myles said:

How much will his potential influence his next contract?     It would be great to sign him to a typical contract a 12 pt 6 rebound player gets, but I don't think that would be what it is.  

Potential has to be a factor. Another factor will be how well he plays this season because we are not signing him before next summer. 

Al Horford averaged 13 pts and 7 rebounds and made the all-star team. It's more than stats in this league, it's about your overall impact and Myles Turner is a big part of this team.

I was just watching some old Draft day video's. Here was the crowds responses to the #1 picks in a couple of them:

-In the 2003 Draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select LeBron James. Crowd reaction - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

-In the 2007 Draft, the Portland Trailblazers select Greg Oden - YEEEEEEEEssssssssssss, HEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW. 

-People that attend these things are really goofy apparently. Who in the hell would Boo a LeBron pick and cheer the Greg Oden pick? Portland fan - glad we got Oden instead of Durant :funny::Nuke: 

50 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Potential has to be a factor. Another factor will be how well he plays this season because we are not signing him before next summer. 

Al Horford averaged 13 pts and 7 rebounds and made the all-star team. It's more than stats in this league, it's about your overall impact and Myles Turner is a big part of this team.

I agree. 

This next season will be the telling one.   Currently Sabonis is the better player.   If next season ends the same for both players, Sabonis may be the best option to sign.  They are both only 22, so potential still plays a factor.  It'll be Turners 4th season and the 3rd for Sabonis. 

Their stats last year are nearly identical in many ways.  Played almost the same amount of minutes (1810 to 1836).

Very close in most others too:

FT %, 3 pt % and most others.   The glaring difference being Turner blocks much better and Sabonis rebounds and assists better.   

I don't really lean towards either one.  I hope they both break out a bit. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2018 at 1:06 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Hes a very good young player why you and half our fanbase cany understand that than idk what to tell you he was among the league leaders in blocks this year and his shooting is only getting better if he does improve his rebounding he will be great and I dont wanna hear you tell us how special he is then cause all you do is wanna trash him and trade him lol

I have not 100% given up on Turner but he really needs to get over being soft. Just look at what Tristan Thompson did to him in game 7. If Myles gets beaten around a little he tends to wilt. Just can't have that. I know hes still a young player but hes got to man up at some point. We can't be having this same conversation every year.

• Thanks 1

Collison-Oladipo-Bojan-LeBron-Turner

Bench: CoJo, Leaf, Booker, GR3, Holiday, Sabonis

Not sure what to think. 

Anyhow, there is a 0% chance he's coming to Indianapolis, but fun to speculate. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Hey, this is starting to sound personal.

:P

I'm sorry.  

I want it known that Myles is a wonderful young man filled with enthusiasm, intelligence and athleticism.

Myles is also a fine looking fellow who is a good teammate, good to his parents and a great American!!.

(But Myles is also not getting an 8-figure contract from the Indiana Pacers)

6 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Comparing Myles Turner's potential to Lance Stephenson and saying we don't make the playoffs without Lance are both laughable statements. 

It's not about Myles Turner being someone's favorite, it's seeing the potential he has as a elite rim protector who has an outside shot.

I don't see any signs of Sabonis being a rim protector at all and he gets bullied by bigger centers just like Myles has. Sabonis just is a better rebounder and post player than Myles at the moment. Myles has way more potential.

Comparing Turner's potential  to Oladipo's  is just wishful thinking.

Sabonis is a better player at this point and he has 2 years left on his contract.

You looked at a guy who had his best season..and say you see limits.

...and you look at a guy who declined last year and see great potential.

You have to know you're wrong

...I know you keep saying you can see the future....but .by what barometer do you see more potential in Myles Tuirner?

6 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

This is a direct quote from Kevin Pritchard: “Everything is so fluid but at the end of the day, we said our top six, seven guys we wanted to have back and then make additions,” Pritchard said after the draft.

I've yet to see anything saying Bogie is guaranteed a starter next year.

Keep looking.

..and keep looking in those quotes for certainty that Collison will still be with us, as well.

The key words that you provided here  are "everything is so fluid'

You saw the report that Bogdonavich will be retained....Now if we sign LeBron......

These are the real numbers..do they matter>?

2 years ago...

14. 5 points..7.3 rebounds, 2.1 blocks, 51% FG percentage

(decent performance for a starter but not all-star or $20 mil a year stuff)

Last season..

12.7 points...6.4 rebounds...1.8 blocks..   48% FG percentage

(not as good as year 2)

Career

12.7 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.8 blocks 50%,   FG percentage (in 173 starts)

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Tyreke Evans would be an awesome get.

I think he is main our target...I just have no idea whether he wants to come here or not.

I dont know of any connection he has to us..but he's played on 3 teams....somebody we have must have played with him

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I have not 100% given up on Turner but he really needs to get over being soft. Just look at what Tristan Thompson did to him in game 7. If Myles gets beaten around a little he tends to wilt. Just can't have that. I know hes still a young player but hes got to man up at some point. We can't be having this same conversation every year.

That's all Im saying..

Is Myles better than Tristan Thompson.

In the final game of his 3rd season, he wasnt

Myles has to get a lot better (maybe 18 and 12 per game) to be resigned long term....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

That's all Im saying..

Is Myles better than Tristan Thompson.

In the final game of his 3rd season, he wasnt

Myles has to get a lot better (maybe 18 and 12 per game) to be resigned long term....

Myles is much better than Thompson, Thompson only succeeds because he plays with LeBron. LeBron finds him open for easy baskets, only thing Thompson excels at is Offensive Rebounding.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Myles is much better than Thompson, Thompson only succeeds because he plays with LeBron. LeBron finds him open for easy baskets, only thing Thompson excels at is Offensive Rebounding.

If we believe Myles is a vastly superior player to Tristan Thompson....how did Thompson dominate him in Game 7 against the Cavs?  Sabonis played a lot in that series

Why wasnt Myles in there 'excelling'

You see the numbers.....I dont know that Myles is any better than his numbers indicate

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If we believe Myles is a vastly superior player to Tristan Thompson....how did Thompson dominate him in Game 7 against the Cavs?  Sabonis played a lot in that series

Why wasnt Myles in there 'excelling'

You see the numbers.....I dont know that Myles is any better than his numbers indicate

Myles got in Foul Trouble early and then Fouled out, the NBA wanted LeBron to win - I rest my case. You cant do much when you get in Foul trouble and only play 25 Minutes. Put Myles on the Cavs and his numbers are not only better but the Cavs would've won 1 or 2 games vs the Warriors. 

-If Myles played Thompson 1 on 1 up to 10 going by 1's and 2's, it would be a joke. Myles 10 Thompson 4 at most. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Myles got in Foul Trouble early and then Fouled out, the NBA wanted LeBron to win - I rest my case. You cant do much when you get in Foul trouble and only play 25 Minutes. Put Myles on the Cavs and his numbers are not only better but the Cavs would've won 1 or 2 games vs the Warriors. 

There is no chance that Myles Turner is not overrated..?  None at all..

No chance that Myles is what he is???

2 years ago...

14. 5 points..7.3 rebounds, 2.1 blocks, 51% FG percentage

(decent performance for a starter but not all-star or $20 mil a year stuff)

Last season..

12.7 points...6.4 rebounds...1.8 blocks..   48% FG percentage

(not as good as year 2)

Career

12.7 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.8 blocks 50%,   FG percentage (in 173 starts)

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who is overrating him? He is only 22 and is a Good player. Nobody thinks he's Great. 

Those are average numbers for a starter in his 3rd year....Not good.

Would you resign him at $15-$20 mil.?  Or deal him. That's the choice.

He has not improved

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Those are average numbers for a starter in his 3rd year....Not good.

Would you resign him at $15-$20 mil.?  Or deal him. That's the choice.

He has not improved

Depends on who we can get. He is a Good player when you factor in his Defense. He is our best Rim Protector. His Numbers should be better but 13 and 6 are better than Average. He also shoots 78% from the line = Great for a BIG. 

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..and there is more and more talk tonight (Just talk) that LeBron is going back to Cleveland

Miami and the Lakers are still mentioned..

..but some folks who think they know think LBJ Is staying with the Cavs

I think he should. That is his home and he is loved there. He won a Championship there being the face of that franchise. Play 2 or 3 more years and end your career where you are loved. Makes sense to me. He will never be considered better than Jordan (or Magic IMO) no matter what he does at this point so it just makes sense. If he went to the Rockets or Warriors just to get 1 or 2 more Rings most people would look at that and roll their eyes. If he done that it would look really bad. I could play for the Warriors and get a Ring :banana:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You know what is hilarious mark always overrated colts players and will give them years to improve but if they are a pacer player he treats them like they are trash in 3 seasons and is ready to ship them off haha

I am not sure why Mark is so down on Myles, guy is only 22. If he was 25 and hadn't improved at all I can see it. Myles is still a baby.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

He'd be signed (Team option) and traded..or we simply wouldnt pick up his option.

If Thad opts and we bring in Tyreke. Could Bogy slide over to the 4? He's the same size as Thad and Thad wasn't Rodman on the glass. Bogy's D improved and Tyreke at the 3 would help off set what we lose. He'd be the stretch 4 we know he can hit the 3.

I'm not sure who I'd prefer Evans or Barton.  Tyreke reminds me a lot of Lance. He likes to dominant the ball although he's a more consistent scorer. He's had trouble staying healthy and his bounce back year was on a bad team. Were the numbers legit? 

I think Barton might be a better fit next to Dipo. The scoring we'd get from either would be welcome.  It should be another fun off season.