Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He shot 41% from the field last year?Scoring went down. Good shooter? Contract is god awful!

Good shooter...39.4 % on 3s...we need that.

Experinced...a good all-around guy.

He makes $18-$19 the next 2 years.....and its an expiring contract next year..no big deal

I'd do it....We cant stand pat...with the shooters we have now

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Bazemore started 65 games for Atlanta..8-year vet....6-foot-5

.....averaged 12.3 a game with 3 1/2 assists..

$18 mil a year on his deal..2 years left./..cant tell if the 2nd year is a player option or not. I think it is

I think so. 18 this year and 19 next....it means we wouldn’t have a max slot available next offseason....I’m ok with an expiring deal to move up...not longer. Plus he would play behind Victor.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think so. 18 this year and 19 next....it means we wouldn’t have a max slot available next offseason....

No it doesnt.

We will have a max deal available next year.....Bogdonavic, Joseph. Lance, Myles (maybe Thad, too if he stays) are all up.

Bazemore is a quality veteran player..and its 2 years..maybe 1 1/2

He would play behind and WITH Vic...obviously...because he's a wing shooter.

I hope we do it..Atlanta has 2 1st round picks still to come

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wow....can’t even have a feel good story for one night! Smith can’t shoot...they needed Bridges shooting in Philly...weird!

I thought it was a natural fit...

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No it doesnt.

We will have a max deal available next year.....Bogdonavic, Joseph. Lance, Myles (maybe Thad, too if he stays) are all up.

Bazemore is a quality veteran player..and its 2 years..maybe 1 1/2

He would play behind and WITH Vic...obviously...because he's a wing shooter.

I hope we do it..Atlanta has 2 1st round picks still to come

I thought it was a natural fit...

Im assuming Myles will be re-signed meaning a max for an additional player. I just want no part of a guy that’s game has gotten worse past two years when he should be in his prime and has a bad contract and won’t start. 

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Im assuming Myles will be re-signed meaning a max for an additional player. I just want no part of a guy that’s game has gotten worse past two years when he should be in his prime and has a bad contract and won’t start. 

I'm not assuming max will be resigned......I would do it......This was Bazemore's best year until he got hurt.

We have to admit we need vet help and go get it...

His contract is fine if we want to maximize our game in Vic's contract window (3 more years)

Cant just bring the same team back

• Thanks 1

Bulls take Hutchinson.....I didn t know they promised him they'd take him

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Holiday would be a nice future PG to take over for Collison.

I'd be Okay with that....

Older player...20 a game....true lead guard...His brothers are all players

(and his dad's name is not LaVar)

• Like 1

WE ARE set up to have only Tj Leaf our 23 pick, sabonis, and Vic under contract next offseason. I don’t know why we would give up on Myles who will be like 23 years old and can stretch the floor. So that would likely leave us another max salary plus them room to fill out the rest of the team. Why take on huge salary for another year and miss out on a max player next offseason? I’m good with an expiring though!

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

WE ARE set up to have only Tj Leaf our 23 pick, sabonis, and Vic under contract next offseason. I don’t know why we would give up on Myles who will be like 23 years old and can stretch the floor. So that would likely leave us another max salary plus them room to fill out the rest of the team. Why take on huge salary for another year and miss out on a max player next offseason? I’m good with an expiring though!

dg..I'll say it again.....

Myles may ask for $20 mil a year for 5 years..Then what?

Choosing not to meet his contract demands is not giving up on him

We could get Holiday's brother from the Bulls, too......he;s available

6 minutes ago, MTC said:

Great pick, IMO.

He's very good on offense and defense..Just 6-foot-1 but it didnt stop him at UCLA....

He knows Leaf and Ike Ingnobu, right?

We are "UCLA East"

Our summer league team is going to have 3 UCLA guys

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

dg..I'll say it again.....

Myles may ask for $20 mil a year for 5 years..Then what?

Choosing not to meet his contract demands is not giving up on him

We could get Holiday's brother from the Bulls, too......he;s available

You sign him at that price! His max is 25. Which I doubt he gets that but you would rather have Bazemore over Myles then? Because their salaries will likely be similar in 2019. That ship has sailed but clearly we think Myles is a part of our future or at least we would trade him and get value if he isn’t.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He started at UCLA three years ago...played behind Lonzo Ball 2 years ago

..and was all Pac-12 and all Pac-12 defense this year

....we play a lot of 3-guard lineups....Hey..we took the best player available

I like him...good blood line. At worst a 6th man and easily a solid backup..at best he might fill that pg spot for the first time since Travis Best.

Waggner is a perfect fit in LA if Lebron goes there. Perfect stretch 4.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I like him...good blood line. At worst a 6th man and easily a solid backup..at best he might fill that pg spot for the first time since Travis Best.

Very very fast....and a 43% 3-ball shooter..83% foul shooter played 100 games at UCLA...

He will fit with Vic...

..and he knows Leaf well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No, dg...not long term..not at that price

Then trade him! Why let him walk for nothing. I don’t think he gets 25 but 20 I can see it. 3 years with player option for 4th. 20 is basically Bazemore value...and it isn’t even close who I would rather have. Anyways we will see...but I don’t know why you don’t think an accending 23 year old 6’10 stretch 5 you want to let walk. I can’t see us giving up on our 11th pick from a couple years ago.

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Very very fast....and a 43% 3-ball shooter..83% foul shooter played 100 games at UCLA...

He will fit with Vic...

..and he knows Leaf well

Agree. I was thinking Brunson earlier in the day...I think this is an upgrade.

I’m not a big Marcus Smart fan...but I thought you liked him Mark...we can’t sign him if we took on a big contract before Young’s cap hold is released (until he signs elsewhere). Another reason we might be holding onto cap space. Anyways I’m happy with who we got.