Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I also have not heard any comments from Lance Stephenson  'saying goodbye to the Pacer fans' or 'thanking the organization for letting his play here twice'

I think Lance's agent may have a promise from out front office that we'll squeeze him  in with a 2-year low-price deal if we dont get Tyreke Evans

I would love to see Lance back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad we're trying. \There's nobody on our team that I dont like but we have to make trades to get better.

If we get an offer in the next 4 days for Turner or Bogdonavich or Collison...we have to consider it.

Simply bringing back last years boys wont get us out of the East

• Like 1

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I'm glad we're trying. \There's nobody on our team that I dont like but we have to make trades to get better.

If we get an offer in the next 4 days for Turner or Bogdonavich or Collison...we have to consider it.

Simply bringing back last years boys wont get us out of the East

If LeBron goes to LA that takes him out of the East, I think we are better than Philly because of our Chemistry. Boston is a different issue :facepalm:

..according to Orlando Sentinel..a max deal for Aaron Gordon is $25.4 mil...

he;s good...17.6  and 7.9 last year....

but we cant pay that with Thad back

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If LeBron goes to LA that takes him out of the East, I think we are better than Philly because of our Chemistry. Boston is a different issue :facepalm:

That's where us signing Marcus Smart comes in, right?

• Like 1

There's talk with the Lakers that signing Kawhi and Paul George allows them to keep Lonzo Ball.

LBJ would put Ball on the bench much of the game.

..and there's no trading Lonzo to San Antonio....No can do. Pop wont be okay with that

I'm just not sure LeBron bails on Cleveland again

There's talk with the Lakers that signing Kawhi and Paul George allows them to keep Lonzo Ball.

LBJ would put Ball on the bench much of the game.

..and there's no trading Lonzo to San Antonio....No can do.

Lakers starting lineup next season

PG Lonzo Ball

SG George

SF Kawhi

PF LeBron

C Randle

-Game over.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

PG Lonzo Ball

SG George

SF Kawhi

PF LeBron

C Randle

-Game over.

Cant do that.

Lonzo has to have the ball..or he has to go..

.....he cant do what Kevin Love and Chris Bosh did and play off the ball...spot shooting when LBJ is willing to pass...

Got to move Lonzo and get somebody like Kemba Walker to run the show  well enough so that LeBron can play forward

Cant do that.

.....he cant do what Kevin Love and Chris Bosh did and play off the ball...spot shooting

they would just bench him if it came down to it.  they wont let the balls stop them from building a super team 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Cant do that.

.....he cant do what Kevin Love and Chris Bosh did and play off the ball...spot shooting

He wont play off the ball, he will bring it up and create then pass it off to LeBron to Bron do his thing. PG and Kawhi will play off the ball, Randle will just rough people up and grab 15 Boards a game and get garbage baskets inside. Randle = Tristian Thompson but on steroids. 

Let’s be honest the only way SA trades to LA is if they get a haul. Deal is likely to include Randle in sign and trade, Kuzma, Ingram and first round pick. Since LA pick would be late they probably have to trade Ball for a lottery pick to be included. Line up would be 

PG:Hart

SG:PG13

SF:Leonard

PF:Lebron

C:???

Very thin team would have some MLE and LLE but mostly minimum contracts. To do this they also have to get rid of Deng. Team will be gutted...but they could switch 1-4 on just about anyone.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Lonzo with Ingram, Kawhi, Paul George and Randle..

..would be a better fit

You'd have to trade him (and his psycho dad)

Yes. They would have to trade him to get someone to take Dengs contract or to get a future first to include in deal. Also likely a third team would have to be involved because I doubt SA wants all of Lakers guys. They would overlap what they already have somewhat. So maybe move Randle or Kuzma for picks or different players.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

PG Lonzo Ball

SG George

SF Kawhi

PF LeBron

C Randle

-Game over.

They do not have the cap space to do that. If PG, Kawhi, and LeBron end up on the Lakers, every other player on the Lakers roster has to go to make the salaries fit. They would have to build a team of minimum contracts around those 3.

• Like 3

Everyone thought we had to send PG to the Cavs or LA last year...we didn’t and we still got a fabulous haul. I could easily see a dark horse like Philly move those future firsts they have next offseason in a 3 way deal to get something to SA...Say send picks to Toronto and send Darozen and a young asset to SA. Or say Boston for Brown and assets or say Wizards trying to move off John Wall or Otto Porter.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I like Thad but I’m not. He isn’t a long term piece. We will have big room next offseason but a bunch of other teams will as well. This year there were fewer teams with 20-30 million space. There might be more top free agents next offseason but a ton of teams will have space. I felt this offseason was the year to make a splash. Plus another year of Philly and Boston and those young guys will keep getting better. Felt like this was a year to shock some people and get to the finals. It’s not awful but I preferred the money now.

What splash are you referring to? I don't believe any of the big name guys would have came here this offseason anyway. We still have enough to sign free agents to make this team better.

I'm fine with bringing in Marcus Smart, but I just don't know what his value and role would be?

How much would he be worth? Do we start him at PG or use him as the backup SG. How much do we offer him so that the Celtics don't match.

I'd be fine with just upgrading the SF position and sending Bogdonovic to the 2nd unit to elevate the bench scoring. The team's success would depend on if players like Oladipo, Turner, and Sabonis make the next jump in their development.

31 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes. They would have to trade him to get someone to take Dengs contract or to get a future first to include in deal. Also likely a third team would have to be involved because I doubt SA wants all of Lakers guys. They would overlap what they already have somewhat. So maybe move Randle or Kuzma for picks or different players.

How on earth did Deng get that deal?

$18 mil for 4 years......$72 mil guaranteed..

maybe that's why Magic is the GM now

21 hours ago, w87r said:

Lonzo Ball

Deng

For

Collison

Jefferson

2019 top 10 protected pick

You guys accepting that, theoretic deal?

Lonzo

Dipo

Bog

Thad

Turner

With a bench of:

Holiday

CoJo

GR3

Leaf

Sabonis

The probelm is: Deng has 2 more years at $18 mil a year

The other problem is Lonzo's dad  who would go nuts if Holiday beat out Lonzo

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'm fine with bringing in Marcus Smart, but I just don't know what his value and role would be?

How much would he be worth? Do we start him at PG or use him as the backup SG. How much do we offer him so that the Celtics don't match.

I'd be fine with just upgrading the SF position and sending Bogdonovic to the 2nd unit to elevate the bench scoring. The team's success would depend on if players like Oladipo, Turner, and Sabonis make the next jump in their development.

Smart is an odd player......To me he's a 6th man...

He is a natural lead guard...which is the only place you can hide his shooting woes...

But defensively, he is an impact player.....

He can guard the other teams top wing player..and he's just 24...he'd be with us awhile.

He's a $10-$12 mil player....what Bogdonavich and Thad and Collison get.

..He's not a superbucks guy..remember this is the same Marcus Smart who broke his hand when he punched a locker last year... He's got soem Lance in him

But I dont think Boston will match long term, 8-figure offers..

....they have 2 guys on max deals with Kyrie yet to pay soon.

33 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The probelm is: Deng has 2 more years at $18 mil a year

The other problem is Lonzo's dad  who wudl go nuts if Holiday beat out Lonzo

Really just 1 extra year of Deng, as Collison and Jefferson's salaries would be a wash. Then Dengs expiring deal would be a a decent trade chip the following year trade deadline.

Lonzo avg 10pts 7reb 7ast 1.7stl.

Pretty solid rookie season, didn't shoot well at all, but I think that will improve. 

Jason Kidd was horrible shooter when he came into the league. He actually turned into a pretty solid 3pt shooting option later in his career. 

Lonzo is going to be a stud, will he stay here long term? IDK, but he will be surrounded by a lot of familiar faces. 

Lonzo

Holiday

Dipo

Leaf

Sabonis

Turner

Ike

Nice young nucleus, to only cost Collison and Jefferson and protected 1st

59 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think Smart should definitely be looked into. I really like the guy and think he would be a great fit off ball with Vic.

As far as a SF option. How about Wilson Chandler? Seems Denver is trying to shed salary and might give up pick to get rid of him?

13 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

If the Lakers become a superteam overnight I'm done with this league the cap isn't fair for smaller teams what's the point if only 3 teams have a shot at a title every year 

It's coming watch, you heard it here first. The League figures the Lakers have suffered long enough after they blocked the CP3 trade. Lakers have been the worst team in Basketball for the last 5 years. They hire Magic Johnson who is a Mt Rushmore face and a Top 4 player ever on everyone's list. Now the league will make the Lakers their darling again. I have watched for so long that I keep saying dont be shocked if LeBron, Kawhi, and PG all end up in LA somehow. LeBron is a Mt Rushmore player as well like Magic, Top 4 of all-time so here comes the crap storm :funny:

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

This Thad thing really bums me out I like him but I'd much rather have Gordon him with Turner down low would be very hard to handle for teams 

That's how I feel. Thad is a very solid player but Gordon is obviously younger plus could have all star potential.

4 hours ago, ColtsPacersfan said:

Pacers has declined the option for guard Joe Young. He'll will become a free agent. Per Adrian Wojnarwoski

Not a surprise. It was pretty much over for him when we took Holiday

18 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

This Thad thing really bums me out I like him but I'd much rather have Gordon him with Turner down low would be very hard to handle for teams 

I don't think that Thad returning means the Pacers will not go after Aaron Gordon.

Thad only has one year left and is 30. He isn't going to be here for the long-term. Gordon is only 22. If the Pacers make him an offer it will be to have him be on the 2-3 main players on the team for the next 4+ years.

• Like 1

So after everything that's happened, we have around $12-$14m remaining.

We can add up to another $10m if we dump Jefferson and Collison.

Doubt Collison goes any where, but so could see us dumping Jefferson and getting that unguaranteed money back. Getting us in the $20m range.

We could do a bunch of damage with that kind of loot. There isnt much cash to go around. 

I'm ready for some action.

15 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I don't think that Thad returning means the Pacers will not go after Aaron Gordon.

Thad only has one year left and is 30. He isn't going to be here for the long-term. Gordon is only 22. If the Pacers make him an offer it will be to have him be on the 2-3 main players on the team for the next 4+ years.

We can wait until he agrees to come to Indy and then clear space before he signs..

..and you are right...We've kept the 'gang' together for open more year.

I believe that Young, Turner, Bogdonavich, Cory Joseph, Al Jefferson and Darren Collison (If we keep him) will all be entering the final year of their contracts.

Cap space wont be an issue next summer

• Like 1

20 hours ago, w87r said:

Really just 1 extra year of Deng, as Collison and Jefferson's salaries would be a wash. Then Dengs expiring deal would be a a decent trade chip the following year trade deadline.

Lonzo avg 10pts 7reb 7ast 1.7stl.

Pretty solid rookie season, didn't shoot well at all, but I think that will improve. 

Jason Kidd was horrible shooter when he came into the league. He actually turned into a pretty solid 3pt shooting option later in his career. 

Lonzo is going to be a stud, will he stay here long term? IDK, but he will be surrounded by a lot of familiar faces. 

Lonzo

Holiday

Dipo

Leaf

Sabonis

Turner

Ike

Nice young nucleus, to only cost Collison and Jefferson and protected 1st

You dont want any part of Lonzo's dad........His act would not play well here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hey if Lonzo came here maybe the media would pay attention to us then. All they care about is drama and negativity right? Lonzo's daddy would provide us Kardashian stuff:funny:

You've got that right.....we'd get 30 national TV games.

Seriously..I dont think there's a lot of differnenc between Lonzo and Ben Simmons

they both need a consistent jump shots and Lonzo is closer to having one

They just have to surround him with shooters like Phily did with Ben

• Like 1