Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold predictions for the Colts in the 2018 NFL Draft

My bold prediction is that after all the pass rusher talk being the priority, after all the Chubb talk, the Colts don’t take a DE in this draft.  

Bold prediction #2 is that Colts will trade either 36 or 37 for additional picks this year and next.  

Everyone will be happy with our picks

Fans will boo Goodell

Someone will say Ballard sucks

Someone will say Bill B. from the Pats is brilliant

Jaric will say something poignant

Shakedownstreet will either fart.... or burp

TKnight24 will get blisters on his thumbs

oops....not so bold.....

Colts trade with Bears and switch picks 6 and 8, getting the Bears' 4th round pick this year, and a 2nd round pick next year to make the switch, along with taking Jordan Howard and his cap hit off their hands . . Bears pick Barkley at 6. The Colts pick Roquan Smith at 8...... And make no further trades in the draft. They will now have 3 second rounders, their own 3rd round pick, along with two early 4th round picks. With those 6 picks, they get healthy at O-line; linebacker; WR; and CB. They don't pick a RB until the 4th round. They end up with Mack; Howard; Jones; and the 4th round pick at RB. Life is good. 

2 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

We trade 2 of our 2nd round picks for a #1 next year.

I could see giving up one of our early 2nds for a 2019 1st, but not giving up two 2nds for a 2019 1st. That wouldn’t be a good value from the Colts perspective. 

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I could see giving up one of our early 2nds for a 2019 1st, but not giving up two 2nds for a 2019 1st. That wouldn’t be a good value from the Colts perspective. 

Depends on where that 1st round pick lands. Getting, for example, pick 29 next year for our two early second rounders this year would not be great value. But a top 10 pick might.

27 minutes ago, CopenhagenColt said:

Depends on where that 1st round pick lands. Getting, for example, pick 29 next year for our two early second rounders this year would not be great value. But a top 10 pick might.

But that's the thing you don't know what you are getting so if we are trading for a 2019 1st round pick we will assume its a late first round value over top 10 value, because if you did give 2 2nd rounders and its a 22nd round pick you lose a lot of value. I agree with BProland I would give like pick 36 or pick 37 (preferably 37) for a 2019 first rounder but I'm not giving them anything else

Just now, Zoltan said:

But that's the thing you don't know what you are getting so if we are trading for a 2019 1st round pick we will assume its a late first round value over top 10 value, because if you did give 2 2nd rounders and its a 22nd round pick you lose a lot of value. I agree with BProland I would give like pick 36 or pick 37 (preferably 37) for a 2019 first rounder but I'm not giving them anything else

There are no guarantees in life. But there are probabilities. We can work with those and make decisions based around them. So would you make the same trade with the Eagles or the Patriots as you would with the Buccaneers or Jets?

It would seem quite unlikely that a trade with the Eagles would land you a top 10 pick. A lot less so with Bucs/Jets.

On 4/20/2018 at 2:06 PM, stitches said:

1. Colts draft TWO WRs!

2. Colts trade up into the late first round to pick a player they love and secure his 5th year and/or jump another team who might want to take him.

3. If we don't draft Nelson, we don't draft an O-lineman until day 3(round 4). 

Those are mine... 

Adding one more

4. Colts draft 3 linebackers. 

On 4/20/2018 at 5:21 PM, mds said:

Fun topic!

Predictions:

• 1/3 of the board will be doom and gloom with each pick that is announced - setting up for the ‘Fire Chris Ballard’ threads

• 1/3 of the board will LOVE the draft picks and predict the Colts will go 13-3 because we won the draft

• 1/3 of the board will be measured and take a ‘wait and see’ approach with the draft picks - suggesting we re-evaluate this draft in 3 years

• Many people will have never heard of the draft picks in rounds 5, 6, and 7

*I know...this wasn’t what you were asking. But, it made me chuckle thinking about it. I also chose 1/3 because I’m an optimist :) 

We have a winner here!

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2018 at 2:06 PM, stitches said:

1. Colts draft TWO WRs!

2. Colts trade up into the late first round to pick a player they love and secure his 5th year and/or jump another team who might want to take him.

3. If we don't draft Nelson, we don't draft an O-lineman until day 3(round 4). 

Those are mine... 

On 4/21/2018 at 3:30 PM, stitches said:

Adding one more

4. Colts draft 3 linebackers. 

1. hit

2. no hit... we trade up into the 2nd though... 

3. not applicable since we did draft Nelson

4. hit

On 4/19/2018 at 10:35 PM, Archer said:

- Austin Corbett with pick 36 or 37, after an early run on internal lineman.

- The only WR in this draft for us is Anthony Miller, Michael Gallup, or Daurice Fountain.

- RB is a need that falls in this draft, coming no earlier than Round 4 (or maybe not at all).  Chase Edmonds, Josh Adams, and Royce Freeman are names to watch.

1) Not a clear win, since Corbett went a couple picks before us.  However, the early run happened and we snagged a different OG at 37.

2)  Another mixed result, as we drafted 2 WRs; however, Fountain was the first, and Cain may have been an opportunistic leap after he fell way farther than expected.

3) Win.  4th round RB was our earliest one, and he is more of an "offensive weapon".