Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OK, looks like we're drafting Nelson ...

Gigc

1 minute ago, Peterk2011 said:

No, he is not. He is a good RB, but that's the most you can say about him. His 3.9 YPC is no better than acceptable. His yards after contact number is outside of the top30 (yes, one of the worst). When he had to run against a solid run defense, his numbers dropped more than Gore's numbers dropped. He shredded the Steelers and Patriots run defense in the playoffs, but those were the worst run defenses I've probably ever seen in playoffs. Every team, every RB shredded those defenses. Against the Bills, an actually admirable run defense, he rushed for 57 yards out of 21 attempts, 2.7 YPC. That's Fournette. The game changers in that Jaguars team were/are the Ramsey's, Bouye's, etc.

i have to disagree.  its not about stats when defenses ignore the pass and focus solely on him 

they did that and he still got his yards and moved the chains 

45 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Please dear baby Jesus, 6 pounds 9 oz. please let us draft Nelson with the 6th pick. 

And also McGlinchey in the second round. Put them at RG and RT. Both are very familiar with each other, should solidify the right side of the line.

Would love this line going forward:

George Costanza

Pouncey

Kelly

Nelson

McGlinchey

12 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

Might hope Williams, McGlinchey or Wynn fall to #36.

With three seconds now it wouldn’t shock me to see the Colts move back into the end of the first to go get one of the OL who fall, if Nelson isn’t there at 6. 

Nelson's highlight play vids are worth watching The guy Is so good at getting around a lineman, squaring up, bending, and blocking a lane. He gets up field and devastates LB's. He pushes linemen out of the play....through the whistle. . I don't care what spot he is drafted....I want that guy with a horseshoe upside his head. 

All players have an adjustment to the NFL. Nelson will have his. I say his career is likely twice as long as Barkley's. 

32 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

And also McGlinchey in the second round. Put them at RG and RT. Both are very familiar with each other, should solidify the right side of the line.

Would love this line going forward:

George Costanza

Pouncey

Kelly

Nelson

McGlinchey

Don't tease me with a good time!!

We now have 3 no. 2's.  Who's to say he won't trade one for a young starting player.  Maybe even OL for example and then draft Nelson if he's there. The draft is a crapshoot anyway.  He wants to build a young team through the draft but there could always be an exception to the rule for the right player.  At least he would be a young proven player. Don't have to worry about another T.J. Green. 

4 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Nelson's highlight play vids are worth watching The guy Is so good at getting around a lineman, squaring up, bending, and blocking a lane. He gets up field and devastates LB's. He pushes linemen out of the play....through the whistle. . I don't care what spot he is drafted....I want that guy with a horseshoe upside his head. 

All players have an adjustment to the NFL. Nelson will have his. I say his career is likely twice as long as Barkley's. 

Living in the 574 ZIP I seen plenty of Q Nelson to justify your statement.  This guy is NASTY & if it wasn’t for ND’s talent at OL he coulda played OT if needed.  ND exceeded all expectations in 2017 due to the emergence of Q Nelson.  He stole the show from Mike Mcglenchy who was supposed to be the star attraction.  Our OL has been a complete disaster but that could all change @ 6.  This is the most important pick in CB’s tenure & I hope he is not colorblind to the PINK ELEPHANT in the room.  He will not last past the Bears selection & I hope that’s why CB made the statement of “6 is where we comfortable & still get the player we’re targeting”!  Best player in the draft.