Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Drew Brees becomes a free agent?

9 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Need some context / sources on this.

Saints want to get the contract done but could come down to last minute. Guess I should have put a ? at the end of the topic. But if it isn't done it will definitely shake the boards up drastically. 

Just now, jskinnz said:

From what I have so far, I don't anticipate your Forum reputation and screen name to be one in the same.

I don't care what you think or how you feel about a topic that shouldn't personally effect you or cause you to judge me. Who raised you?  It's discussions about  topics that could or wont happen. It's not that deep to deliver criticism. I know some of you have your followers and display troll antics but I wont entertain your petty ignorance.  The mods can lock it if it's not worth discussion and im ok with that but being rude over conversations is immature. Have a great day. Go Colts 

I have not heard anything yet indicating that Brees going anyplace other then back to New Orleans is likely.

But if he did become a FA, he might be the target of the Vikings as opposed to Cousins.  Cousins is younger but Brees is better.  Brees with that defense would make them favorites to win the SB.  

• Buck Showalter changed the title to If Drew Brees becomes a free agent?

I edited the title to something less misleading. Can I remind posters especially at this time of year to not title things suggesting they are factual without some form of source. Otherwise please make it clear it’s a rumour/speculation.

Thabk you for using Southwest Airlines.

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

I edited the title to something less misleading. Can I remind posters especially at this time of year to not title things suggesting they are factual without some form of source. Otherwise please make it clear it’s a rumour/speculation.

Thabk you for using Southwest Airlines.

Thanks. Sorry for the misunderstanding

29 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

I don't care what you think or how you feel about a topic that shouldn't personally effect you or cause you to judge me. Who raised you?  It's discussions about  topics that could or wont happen. It's not that deep to deliver criticism. I know some of you have your followers and display troll antics but I wont entertain your petty ignorance.  The mods can lock it if it's not worth discussion and im ok with that but being rude over conversations is immature. Have a great day. Go Colts 

You are right bro that Jarvis landry thread was so amazing :lol:

1 hour ago, SolidGold said:

Does this effect the draft boards ?

Of course it does....

But he won't.     He's publicly said his most important off-season goal is to become a Saint for life...

This is not an issue.....      (Until it becomes one....  and it's not one yet)

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of course it does....

But he won't.     He's publicly said his most important off-season goal is to become a Saint for life...

This is not an issue.....      (Until it becomes one....  and it's not one yet)

Saints will re-sign him, no way they don't. I see a sweet 3 year deal for him to end his career there.

3 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Also, you might want to look up the difference between effect and affect.

Was that really important to point out? The guy is new to the board. Give him a break.

4 hours ago, jskinnz said:

From what I have so far, I don't anticipate your Forum reputation and screen name to be one in the same.

:facepalm:

4 hours ago, SolidGold said:

Does this effect the draft boards ?

Welcome to the Forum! Brees won't become a free agent but if by any chance he did, I would love the Vikings to sign Brees instead of Cousins or any free agent QB.  Since I don't expect Brees to test the market, I hope we re-sign Teddy Bridgewater.

Seeing that you are a new to the Forum, you are welcome to join us on the upcoming Gavin Annual Mock Draft that we are having. It is listed in the Scouting/Draft/Free Agency section. That way, you get to know many of us here. 

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Welcome to the Forum! Brees won't become a free agent but if by any chance he did, I would love the Vikings to sign Brees instead of Cousins or any free agent QB.  Since I don't expect Brees to test the market, I hope we re-sign Teddy Bridgewater.

Seeing that you are a new to the Forum, you are welcome to join us on the upcoming Gavin Annual Mock Draft that we are having. It is listed in the Scouting/Draft/Free Agency section. That way, you get to know many of us here. 

What if the Vikes go all in and offer Brees a huge contract for just 2 years? How cool would that be?

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What if the Vikes go all in and offer Brees a huge contract for just 2 years? How cool would that be?

I would love that. I wrote that I would not sign Cousins for what he is reported to command, $30 million per year. But I would approve of the Vikes signing Brees to a 2-year deal at $30 millio per year. But no more than 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2018 at 1:13 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Saints will re-sign him, no way they don't. I see a sweet 3 year deal for him to end his career there.

First, his contract has a no-tag clause. Second, the tag deadline has passed.

The Saints are over a barrel right now. They might panic and offer him a crazy deal, but on the other hand, he's under no obligation to accept. In 45 hours, he's a completely unrestricted free agency, unless something happens between now and then. And what's happening right now is teams are calling Brees' agent, and they can talk numbers for the next two days.

If they lose Brees, Mickey Loomis could lose his job... 

43 minutes ago, Superman said:

First, his contract has a no-tag clause. Second, the tag deadline has passed.

The Saints are over a barrel right now. They might panic and offer him a crazy deal, but on the other hand, he's under no obligation to accept. In 45 hours, he's a completely unrestricted free agency, unless something happens between now and then. And what's happening right now is teams are calling Brees' agent, and they can talk numbers for the next two days.

If they lose Brees, Mickey Loomis could lose his job... 

I would laugh if somehow the Vikings get him just because of their rivalry/past.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would laugh if somehow the Vikings get him just because of their rivalry/past.

I am a Teddy fan but I am in favor of signing Brees for 2 years. Even we Tedheads could not be opposed to that.