Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dan Campbell to get Interview

1959Colts

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has energy, but I don't know if he brings good enough schemes and playbook?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621439/article/dan-campbell-receives-release-from-dolphins

...Owner Stephen Ross said during Gase's introductory press conference that he wanted to keep Campbell in the organization -- Ross clearly like's Campbell's energy -- but left the decision to his new coach. Campbell smartly has other ideas. Only in cutting loose from Miami can he build his resume to the point where he could be attractive to teams looking for head coaches in the future.

The Dolphins got off to a hot 2-0 start under Campbell, but fizzled, going 3-7 over the final 10 games. Campbell made some rookie coaching flubs and after the rejuvenating energy wore out, it was clear the Dolphins were still overmatched in terms of schemes and designs...

Really wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the guy, especially with the rumors that the Colts FO really want Bevell. Reich would probably wanna call plays, and that probably makes the job less enticing to Bevell.

Campbell would be the rah-rah leader with Bevell/Eberflus taking play call duties.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Really wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the guy, especially with the rumors that the Colts FO really want Bevell. Reich would probably wanna call plays, and that probably makes the job less enticing to Bevell.

Campbell would be the rah-rah leader with Bevell/Eberflus taking play call duties.

The way it should be

Frank Reich is THE guy!

I used to watch him at Maryland...thick history of NFL QB's... Esiason, Reich, Zolak, etc...

Don't you want a HC who can handle a franchise QB in the same fashion which Doug Pederson has handled Carson Wentz & Foles?  Imagine Reich with Luck & Brissett?!?!... That is potential to be one of the best QB situations in the NFL IMO.

1 minute ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Why not? The head coach job is not a one year gig. I would rather be choosy, take longer, and get it right than to just settle for any ol' scrub. This is a good franchise and a good job!

Never said that but that at this point every candidate will have some kind of flaw and we(fans) cannot throw someone away because they are too tall, have little experience, etc.

27 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

That would be so disappointing. Why on earth would they kowtow to an unemployed OC.

30 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

We can’t be too choosy

Sure they can there are still good coaches up there and you want to get the best of what’s out there and the only way to do that is take your time and find the right guy.  The worst thing the Colts could do is just panic and hire a guy fast because they need a guy.

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

That would be so disappointing. Why on earth would they kowtow to an unemployed OC.

I also think Campbell just fits what Ballard will really be looking for after this whole McDaniels mess. The whole "good leader of men" and all that.

Then again by all accounts Reich fits that category well too.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sure they can there are still good coaches up there and you want to get the best of what’s out there and the only way to do that is take your time and find the right guy.  The worst thing the Colts could do is just panic and hire a guy fast because they need a guy.

Here is my response

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Never said that but that at this point every candidate will have some kind of flaw and we(fans) cannot throw someone away because they are too tall, have little experience, etc.

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This goes without saying, for EVERY candidate.

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I also think Campbell just fits what Ballard will really be looking for after this whole McDaniels mess. The whole "good leader of men" and all that.

Then again by all accounts Reich fits that category well too.

Reich is the play here. Or Defilippo. 

If Bevell doesn't like that, then he can go somewhere.

11 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

There is no perfect candidate. Even the best coaches have their flaws. They key will be hiring a staff that has strengths that cover for others weaknesses.

Rick Venturi just texted Dan Dakich that Dan Campbell is a * (i paraphrased because i can't remember the exact word he used but it wasn't good).

Sounds like we should steer clear of this dude.  Venturi has been in the NFL circles for decades and I trust what he says - for the most part).

He (Venturi) told Dakich this while Dakich was on the phone with Diana Russini or whatever her name is.

Lets also keep in mind that McDaniels screws other teams up too because the Colts are trying to pluck someone or a group of people which will disrupt other teams at this late date in the game.  McDaniels causing ripples or a tsumani across the league for weeks to come (probably months)

Just now, chrisfarley said:

Rick Venturi just texted Dan Dakich that Dan Campbell is a * (i paraphrased because i can't remember the exact word he used but it wasn't good).

Sounds like we should steer clear of this dude.  Venturi has been in the NFL circles for decades and I trust what he says - for the most part).

He (Venturi) told Dakich this while Dakich was on the phone with Diana Russini or whatever her name is.

Lets also keep in mind that McDaniels screws other teams up too because the Colts are trying to pluck someone or a group of people which will disrupt other teams at this late date in the game.  McDaniels causing ripples or a tsumani across the league for weeks to come (probably months)

I struggle to believe anything RV says

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Hate the fact that people are saying they don’t want Reich because he didn’t call the O or Campbell just because

Well, as somebody who said they don't really want Campbell, it's not "just because."

That said, he's not a bad option and I could get behind him. I just worry about running into the same problems we had under Pagano.