Can the Colts get draft picks?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Again I am thinking people don't know what a liar is. Is the Midwest that filled with less lawyers thatbyoj guys can't tell the difference between a liar and someone having a change of heart?

All Colts fans aren’t from the Midwest just so you know. This franchise has fans from all over like most teams do.  So spare us the arrogant condescending tone. 

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Something should be able to be done. You shouldn't be able to blatantly come in and screw another team (Kraft). Or the coaches he hired.

All reports say it was a verbal agreement, and the Colts knew McDaniels was wavering which is why they had the second interview to try and reassure him. (On what I have NO idea.)

All Kraft did was make a last minute push to keep an employee who is very valuable.  By all accounts it seems they were caught off guard Also as they had announced the people who they planned to make the new OC and DC. 

I would love to know what he was thinking because he pretty much screwed himself out of being a head coach ANYWHERE else but NE.  I know what Kraft was thinking (let's try keep the best of the two coordinators that we have) but what McDaniels was thinking I have no idea. McDaniels has stated he came back with no assurances from the Pats or anything extra given to him as well. (I don't believe him but)

3 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

All Colts fans aren’t from the Midwest just so you know. This franchise has fans from all over like most teams do.  So spare us the arrogant condescending tone. 

Was called sarcasm I thought you get it with the whole lawyer bit. 

No, and we should stop this kind of thinking.  It's our own fault for trusting the word of someone coming from New England.  Lay down with dogs and you get fleas.

We should have known better and now we do.  That knowledge is the only compensation we're going to get.

The best way for the Colts to stick it to New England is on the field.  That's where our mental energy should be focused.

23 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Are you guys serious he came to terms with the Colts. The Colts hired assistant coaches based upon his wishes. We waited to sign him till after the season was over. There is no way the league is going to not investigate this and this is not a new thing Belichick did the same thing with the Jets. You can disagree all you want to but this smells of something deeper. And once again this is against the team that's been penalized many times over the last 10 years for cheating

23 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yea it seems as though there was some sort of contractual agreement although we won't know for sure. If he broke a contract picks will be awarded.

22 hours ago, chad72 said:

Here is something you should read:

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/961050801945837568/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.stampedeblue.com%2F2018%2F2%2F6%2F16983124%2Fcolts-dodge-bullet-mcdaniels-lacks-integrity-belongs-in-new-england

If any of this is true, the Colts will let the storm calm down for a while and take care of their immediate business, hiring their next HC. Then, they go after Kraft and the Patriots if there is even a semblance of anything to validate their case.

It is not just us fans crying foul but the NFL and the other 31 owners might be vested in this not happening again, just saying.

21 hours ago, Bubba_Rebel said:

Sure they do... If they were under the i.pression based on multiple contacts verbally and possible writing about his desire to service as coach. Provided names for assistant coaches, we hire said coaches and now he backs out..it's fraud period and we should make him an example 

Sports lawyer Mike McCann says it would be very difficult to win in court, even if it wasn't thrown out first because of article 8.3 of the NFL Constitution which makes it clear that commissioner Roger Goodell has “full, complete, and final jurisdiction and authority to arbitrate any dispute between or among players, coaches, and/or other employees of any member club or clubs of the League.”

https://twitter.com/McCannSportsLaw/status/961291533097095168 https://twitter.com/McCannSportsLaw/status/961291533097095168

8 hours ago, Jaric said:

No, and we should stop this kind of thinking.  It's our own fault for trusting the word of someone coming from New England.  Lay down with dogs and you get fleas.

We should have known better and now we do.  That knowledge is the only compensation we're going to get.

The best way for the Colts to stick it to New England is on the field.  That's where our mental energy should be focused.

Yes.

32 minutes ago, Myles said:

Maybe it will come out that he was offered the Pats head coaching job when Bill retires and the NFL will get them for not honoring the "Rooney rule".

Right now, that violation is a $200,000 fine. Nearly chump change for most teams.  Yet it is all too easy to circumvent with current requirements.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Right now, that violation is a $200,000 fine. Nearly chump change for most teams.  Yet it is all too easy to circumvent with current requirements.

As it should be.    Forcing a team to interview based on race is racist.   At minimum it is degrading for a minority to have to interview for a job when the team has already decided on who they want.