Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dolyle and Ty help fuel comeback in Pro bowl

horseshoecrabs

Doyle's catches for first downs along with TY's great catch near halftime helped fuel the comeback of the AFC win in the Pro bowl. we were down but our guys helped the comeback for the AFC to win the game. 

I don't know about you but the fact that our guys played admirably representing us was worth watching no matter how generic  the game means. It  really makes me excited that we only had two guys representing our team but they made a difference. I'm excited that we have so much potential for the future, a new coaching staff ,FA and the draft and a hopefully  healthy  Andrew  Luck, that  i see a dawn of a new era in site. I know that everyone has an idea about what direction we should draft , but in the end the gm, owner coach decides so no matter how intuitive some posters think they are , WE have no say so, we only speculate so get  over yourself. You have no more say so than the next fan.

10 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I know that everyone has an idea about what direction we should draft , but in the end the gm, owner coach decides so no matter how intuitive some posters think they are , WE have no say so, we only speculate so get  over yourself. You have no more say so than the next fan.

Pro Bowl thread or just a platform to rant?

15 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Doyle's catches for first downs along with TY's great catch near halftime helped fuel the comeback of the AFC win in the Pro bowl. we were down but our guys helped the comeback for the AFC to win the game. 

I don't know about you but the fact that our guys played admirably representing us was worth watching no matter how generic  the game means. It  really makes me excited that we only had two guys representing our team but they made a difference. I'm excited that we have so much potential for the future, a new coaching staff ,FA and the draft and a hopefully  healthy  Andrew  Luck, that  i see a dawn of a new era in site. I know that everyone has an idea about what direction we should draft , but in the end the gm, owner coach decides so no matter how intuitive some posters think they are , WE have no say so, we only speculate so get  over yourself. You have no more say so than the next fan.

I am not going to take 2 players performance in the pro bowl as any type of gauge for the future of this organization. There were plenty of times during the actual season that both TY and Doyle dissappeared when we needed them most.

12 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I am not going to take 2 players performance in the pro bowl as any type of gauge for the future of this organization. There were plenty of times during the actual season that both TY and Doyle dissappeared when we needed them most.

got news for you the whole team disappeared 

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Dole and ty help fuel come back in pro bowl

Man, who's these two? Dolyle? Dole? Never heard of them?

38 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

Pro Bowl thread or just a platform to rant?

Sounds like the later more than the former

54 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I'm excited that we have so much potential for the future, a new coaching staff ,FA and the draft and a hopefully  healthy  Andrew  Luck, that  i see a dawn of a new era in site.

Yeah, I share your reason for optimism. Ballard is a proven GM, Luck is due to set the NFL on fire again, & whether you love or despise McDaniels--The guy knows how to put the ball in the end zone. 

Only 1 way to go but up after missing the playoffs too frequently for my tastes. 

Dole and ty help fuel come back in pro bowl

That's what made me mad about ESPN. I forgot the ProBowl was on & only got to see like 10 minutes to go in the 4th Qtr. Then, after the game was over, would they show highlights of TY or Jack for those who missed the game? Of course not. Sigh...I was so disgusted. Oy Vey...

Yeah, I know. I'll just go to the official Colts site in a day or two. 

My question to you is Why in the world are you still a Colts fan? is it because you live in Indy?

Actually I live in central PA and the colts are just the team I went with I have stayed a colts fan through two losing season and a lousy coaching term led by Chuck Pagano colts are always going to be my number 1 team doesn't mean I have to agree with every stupid thing they do. Besides as I was saying there are fans that root for a team cause they like that team then there are fans that root for a team just because they win a lot and then when they don't win as much they change teams those fans are what I call frontrunner's.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Actually I live in central PA and the colts are just the team I went with I have stayed a colts fan through two losing season and a lousy coaching term led by Chuck Pagano colts are always going to be my number 1 team doesn't mean I have to agree with every stupid thing they do. Besides as I was saying there are fans that root for a team cause they like that team then there are fans that root for a team just because they win a lot and then when they don't win as much they change teams those fans are what I call frontrunner's.

Well it sounds like  you have a lot to shoot for with the Eagles  good look with that. A lot of us Colts fans have stayed with the Colts since the 50's and that is  solid!

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, I share your reason for optimism. Ballard is a proven GM, Luck is due to set the NFL on fire again, & whether you love or despise McDaniels--The guy knows how to put the ball in the end zone. 

Only 1 way to go but up after missing the playoffs too frequently for my tastes. 

Actually, Ballard is a first-time GM.  This past season with our Colts was his first season as a GM in the NFL.

In Kansas City, he began as Director of Player Personnel before ultimately getting promoted to Director of Football Operations.  Before Kansas City, Ballard was the Director of Professional Scouting for the Chicago Bears.

Wasn't trying to nitpick.  I just think there's some confusion out there re: Ballard's background.

I think, in time, we will all be referring to Ballard as proven.

14 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Only frontrunner's change teams.

I find it more disappointing when fans stick with a team no matter what.    

I don't understand why people stay fans of a team like the Bengals.   For years they have been run like crap.   They have signed players who were poor character people.  I wouldn't blame fans for jumping to another team. 

When a team is well run and does it for many years, I have no problem with becoming a fan of theirs.  

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't understand why people stay fans of a team like the Bengals.   For years they have been run like crap.   They have signed players who were poor character people.  I wouldn't blame fans for jumping to another team. 

When a team is well run and does it for many years, I have no problem with becoming a fan of theirs.  

Hell I stuck with the Cubs since 1984, see Patience does pay off, took 32 years of my life to happen but it happened in 2016 :thmup::lol:

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hell I stuck with the Cubs since 1984, see Patience does pay off, took 32 years of my life to happen but it happened in 2016 :thmup::lol:

Good point.   I think the "lovable losers"  thing worked well for them. 

20 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

TY and Doyel cant throw the ball. AS much as I like Brisset he's got some room to improve. I could see him doing well in a different system. TY and Doyel are bright spots for sure and at important positions.

You need that sure handed tight end and a home run WR. I think we are a complimentary receiver and one or 2 OL away from a potent offense.

10 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Actually, Ballard is a first-time GM.  This past season with our Colts was his first season as a GM in the NFL.

In Kansas City, he began as Director of Player Personnel before ultimately getting promoted to Director of Football Operations.  Before Kansas City, Ballard was the Director of Professional Scouting for the Chicago Bears.

Wasn't trying to nitpick.  I just think there's some confusion out there re: Ballard's background.

In my estimation, Ballard has been picking personnel in Chicago & Kansas City for a long time as you astutely indicated Z-43. I don't focus on official GM titles as an official job description, but rather what kind of rosters he assembled in previous cities. Ballard is experienced & proven to me. 

I get what you're saying Z43. I've got no problem with what you said. I just look at the Chiefs almost always in the playoffs & say to myself Ballard is proven & he will make Luck's life easier. That's all I care about man. 

10 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Wait, is your definition of proven SB appearances or a ring? If so, I'm all about hardware too, but Ballard is well respected across this league for the player choices he makes right now. 

Just to be clear, I respect you Z43. I'm not upset with you. I just think Ballard is already accomplished.Not Lombardi accomplished naturally but well on his way to that milestone too. 

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

In my estimation, Ballard has been picking personnel in Chicago & Kansas City for a long time as you astutely indicated Z-43. I don't focus on official GM titles as an official job description, but rather what kind of rosters he assembled in previous cities. Ballard is experienced & proven to me. 

I get what you're saying Z43. I've got no problem with what you said. I just look at the Chiefs almost always in the playoffs & say to myself Ballard is proven & he will make Luck's life easier. That's all I care about man. 

100% agree.  Ballard is unquestionably a proven NFL personnel guy.  His resume is much more impressive to me than Grigson. 

He's also shown some savvy outside of roster development and cap management in rebuilding the icy relationship between New England and Indianapolis.  That work has obviously paid off in a tremendous way with the Colts landing Jacoby and McDaniels.

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Wait, is your definition of proven SB appearances or a ring? If so, I'm all about hardware too, but Ballard is well respected across this league for the player choices he makes right now. 

Just to be clear, I respect you Z43. I'm not upset with you. I just think Ballard is already accomplished.Not Lombardi accomplished naturally but well on his way to that milestone too. 

Ballard already has a lot of equity with me for the reasons you set out above.  He belongs in the NFL.

If he has this team competing in the playoffs in 2019 (with a roster that competes in all 3 phases of the game), I would be willing to give him the proven GM tag.

I hope that makes sense.  In sum, I feel the same way about Ballard that you do.  I was just pointing out that Indy is his first true stint as a GM, so it may take some time to form an opinion on how he operates as a GM as opposed to just a personnel guy only.

The GM has to wear many hats, but as I pointed out above, he has worn those hats well in managing cap space and building healthy working relationships with other teams in the league.

44 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

100% agree.  Ballard is unquestionably a proven NFL personnel guy.  His resume is much more impressive to me than Grigson. 

He's also shown some savvy outside of roster development and cap management in rebuilding the icy relationship between New England and Indianapolis.  That work has obviously paid off in a tremendous way with the Colts landing Jacoby and McDaniels.

Ballard already has a lot of equity with me for the reasons you set out above.  He belongs in the NFL.

If he has this team competing in the playoffs in 2019 (with a roster that competes in all 3 phases of the game), I would be willing to give him the proven GM tag.

I hope that makes sense.  In sum, I feel the same way about Ballard that you do.  I was just pointing out that Indy is his first true stint as a GM, so it may take some time to form an opinion on how he operates as a GM as opposed to just a personnel guy only.

The GM has to wear many hats, but as I pointed out above, he has worn those hats well in managing cap space and building healthy working relationships with other teams in the league.

Nicely written post or posts plural I should say Z43. I really appreciate your willingness to go into greater detail about basically what a "made" GM looks like to you. 

It's about managing the salary cap, fostering solid professional relationships with other franchises for beneficial trades, selecting talent in the draft at the right spot for the right price; & I like what you said in competing in all 3 phases: offense, defense, & special teams to make a deep run. But, we both know the GM brings in the talent while the head coach must get them to execute formations correctly in crunch time. So, most of that responsibility 90% is on Josh not Chris as you know. 

I just love guys who worked for Andy Reid personally. They hit the ground running. 

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. Let's see where we're at in say yr 2 of this regime by like week 8. Point taken. Don't shower any GM with too much praise too early. Let them see what they can do in a new setting from scratch. Got it. 

13 hours ago, Myles said:

Because when you change to another team just cause that team wins more game that means your not a true fan of the team you have been rooting for make any sense.

21 hours ago, Myles said:

jumping on the band wagon... isn't that called a band-wagoner?  someone who jumps on as a fan of a winning team, then off to the next winning team when they start losing?

1 hour ago, XxGoosexX said:

jumping on the band wagon... isn't that called a band-wagoner?  someone who jumps on as a fan of a winning team, then off to the next winning team when they start losing?

Not all the time.   Yes, if you jump to a winning team every couple years.   However, if a Bengals fan becomes a bigger fan for a well run franchise like maybe the Chiefs, I don't think that is "bandwagon".    If they stay a Bengals fan despite it being a poorly run franchise, that is disappointing.