Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs Baltimore

dw49

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Agreed....there is definitely more to the story than is usually conveyed in the media and much more than a message board can handle. I agree we both have football teams and you guys have 2 championships since the Colts left. That does a lot of healing and it won't replace what you lost for the older generation but time does heal all wounds and before long there will be more fans who only know the Ravens then those who remember the Colts.

Everything you said is true. When you come down to it, the history and memories are there for all to enjoy from a much simpler time in NFL history. 

6 hours ago, k9copinmd said:

I think there was fault on both sides in the Baltimore/Colts saga. I have no problem with a owner moving his business. That is his right as owner. However, as I have said many times over the years, if a team wants to leave a city and the team has been there a certain amount of time (20 years for example) then the name should stay in the city when the team leaves. That is what happened when the Browns went to Baltimore. The name stayed in Cleveland and he Ravens were born. I just HATE the thought of someday there being the Memphis Steelers or the San Antonio Packers.

I agree. In the future, just change the name and logos during a move. The most absurd one is probably the New Orleans Jazz becoming the Utah Jazz. I used to think Indianapolis Colts was odd because the old Baltimore Colts were called that because of horse racing and the Preakness. However, you guys now have Hoosier Park, so I guess you have horse racing out there now. 

13 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I agree. In the future, just change the name and logos during a move. The most absurd one is probably the New Orleans Jazz becoming the Utah Jazz. I used to think Indianapolis Colts was odd because the old Baltimore Colts were called that because of horse racing and the Preakness. However, you guys now have Hoosier Park, so I guess you have horse racing out there now. 

I agree. If you move a franchise you should change the name...unless your moving back like the Rams or something....just like the Los Angelas Lakers.....makes no sense lol. I started to say the Los Angelas Dodgers too....because they used to be the Brooklyn Dodgers (Trolley Dodgers because how deadly they were) but then there is plenty of traffic to dodge out in LA too....so I guess that one gets a pass lol. It's kinda fun to go down through and see how funny team names don't fit when the team up and moves. I generally agree...if the team is moving they should change the name...ala Montreal Expos and Washington Nationals or Seattle Supersonics and OKC Thunder etc etc. There should be some type of penalty for moving a team...and I think moving the name should be it....that way if a city gets it's team back they get their name back.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I agree. If you move a franchise you should change the name...unless your moving back like the Rams or something....just like the Los Angelas Lakers.....makes no sense lol. I started to say the Los Angelas Dodgers too....because they used to be the Brooklyn Dodgers (Trolley Dodgers because how deadly they were) but then there is plenty of traffic to dodge out in LA too....so I guess that one gets a pass lol. It's kinda fun to go down through and see how funny team names don't fit when the team up and moves. I generally agree...if the team is moving they should change the name...ala Montreal Expos and Washington Nationals or Seattle Supersonics and OKC Thunder etc etc. There should be some type of penalty for moving a team...and I think moving the name should be it....that way if a city gets it's team back they get their name back.

Yeah, it’s funny how the Dodgers ending up fitting like a glove with the traffic issues in LA becoming worse than in Brooklyn. 

I would have liked to retain the Colts named when they moved from Baltimore, but then we wouldn’t have the Ravens, and you wouldn’t have the cool Colt logos. 

I still enjoy the history of the old Baltimore Colts, but have enjoyed the current Ravens. I’m glad we didn’t become the Baltimore Browns because that  would be ridiculous having a team named after Paul Brown in Baltimore. If we would have gotten the franchise history , we would have gotten credit for the 1964 NFL Championship win over the Baltimore Colts ! Try figuring that one out ! 

2 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Yeah, it’s funny how the Dodgers ending up fitting like a glove with the traffic issues in LA becoming worse than in Brooklyn. 

I would have liked to retain the Colts named when they moved from Baltimore, but then we wouldn’t have the Ravens, and you wouldn’t have the cool Colt logos. 

I still enjoy the history of the old Baltimore Colts, but have enjoyed the current Ravens. I’m glad we didn’t become the Baltimore Browns because that  would be ridiculous having a team named after Paul Brown in Baltimore. If we would have gotten the franchise history , we would have gotten credit for the 1964 NFL Championship win over the Baltimore Colts ! Try figuring that one out ! 

Lol....yeah wrap your head around that. Heck almost the whole division could have been named the Browns since in some way shape or form he has influenced, founded, or was a part of the history of Cleveland, Cincinnati, and yes now Baltimore's team lol. I know those teams honor him with their name and name of their field but I'm not sure the rest of the NFL fully appreciates his contributions to the game....that said from what I've read and heard he sounded like he ran things with an iron fist so he upset a lot of people along the way.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Lol....yeah wrap your head around that. Heck almost the whole division could have been named the Browns since in some way shape or form he has influenced, founded, or was a part of the history of Cleveland, Cincinnati, and yes now Baltimore's team lol. I know those teams honor him with their name and name of their field but I'm not sure the rest of the NFL fully appreciates his contributions to the game....that said from what I've read and heard he sounded like he ran things with an iron fist so he upset a lot of people along the way.

Defintely, three out of the four teams with Brown historic connections. Paul Brown was defintely an innovator. Obviously , Modell couldn’t work with him after he was sold the team by Brown, then Brown founded the Bengals. I still feel bad that the Browns haven’t bounced back from the move. That being said though, how many high draft picks can you blow ? 

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Ravens win but I think the Colts will cover the spread.  Not saying much though!

I have a feeling the Ravens are going to smoke us. We have nothing to play for and they are playing for a Playoff spot. I say Ravens 30-10. Hey I am actually negative for change, feels good :lol:

-We will be much better next season with Luck back and another Draft and new Coach. People just need to have patience. Regarding this season I cant wait for it to be over.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have a feeling the Ravens are going to smoke us. We have nothing to play for and they are playing for a Playoff spot. I say Ravens 30-10. Hey I am actually negative for change, feels good :lol:

-We will be much better next season with Luck back and another Draft and new Coach. People just need to have patience. Regarding this season I cant wait for it to be over.

They don't have anybody left in the secondary .  If I was a bettor I would put a nice chunk on that 13 and a half . Brissett gets worse every week . Hasn't learned a thing about checking down or throwing the ball away. The Oline is atrocious pass blocking.  Ravens have looked decent lately .  34 -13. 

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You may be right. I am thinking about either taking the Colts straight up for +13 or doing a two team teaser Colts +20 and Browns +13.5 or Colts +20 and Rams to win. 

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

This won't be entertaining. The Colts have no starters left against a borderline playoff time.. I'll watch because of the horseshoe. But i don't mind, I like to Ravens in the playoffs :thmup:

The Colts have given the Ravens fits over the years going 10-4 against them. I expect a tough game. This Ravens team has tons of guys on IR, and they have managed to patchwork things. It’s just not the strongest Ravens team in history. 

We’ve been in this situation in Baltimore, as the Colts are now, where you probably just want to lose out to get the higher draft pick. When we were 5-11 two years ago, one draft pick up cost us Jalen Ramsey. 

The key for the Colts next year is getting Luck back to full strength , and the first thing is to invest and draft in the best O line they can get. The Colts aren’t that far off with Luck back. The kid is a heck of a QB. Anyway, it will be good to see the horseshoe back in Baltimore for a game. Maybe if I close my eyes, I can hear Chuck Thompson’s call of the game at Memorial Stadium in the distant past ! 

7 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

The Colts have given the Ravens fits over the years going 10-4 against them. I expect a tough game. This Ravens team has tons of guys on IR, and they have managed to patchwork things. It’s just not the strongest Ravens team in history. 

We’ve been in this situation in Baltimore, as the Colts are now, where you probably just want to lose out to get the higher draft pick. When we were 5-11 two years ago, one draft pick up cost us Jalen Ramsey. 

The key for the Colts next year is getting Luck back to full strength , and the first thing is to invest and draft in the best O line they can get. The Colts aren’t that far off with Luck back. The kid is a heck of a QB. Anyway, it will be good to see the horseshoe back in Baltimore for a game. Maybe if I close my eyes, I can hear Chuck Thompson’s call of the game at Memorial Stadium in the distant past ! 

That was all when the Colts had multiple hall of famers on the team.  This is the worst team in the league right now , bar maybe Houston.  I would say right now if the Colts played the three teams they have beat this season this weekend there is a great chance they would lose at least 2 and possibly all of em.

12 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

That was all when the Colts had multiple hall of famers on the team.  This is the worst team in the league right now , bar maybe Houston.  I would say right now if the Colts played the three teams they have beat this season this weekend there is a great chance they would lose at least 2 and possibly all of em.

We are pretty bad but by far not the worst in the league..

30 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Who's worse? 

Cleveland, Chicago, Cincy, NYJ, Den, Mia all have huge question marks at the QB position, as i stated above we have a top 10 quarterback in Luck, who yes was injured this year but will be back. The fact that we have our franchise quarterback for the forseable future IMO seperates us from the bottom of the barrel pack.

On 21/12/2017 at 9:05 AM, dgambill said:

Its hard to think about but it should definitely be the Baltimore Colts and the Indianapolis Ravens haha 

12 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

Those were great Colt teams . I was fortunate to be at the two playoff games between the Ravens and Colts in 2006 and 2012. I enjoyed watching Manning and Luck play. 

Teams can turn it around quick, and with a healthy Luck , you’re back in the thick of things. 

On 12/20/2017 at 9:38 PM, The Old Crow said:

I always think the Lakers is the worst but the jazz are close 

1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

Think about this, the Colts were almost the Jacksonville Colts, Phoenix Colts, and Memphis Colts. We almost had the Baltimore Cardinals and Saints ! 

I wonder which team is the most transplanted.   The cardinals started in Chicago in the 20s I think.   Hmmm.  Something to research with some work downtime.  

7 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

Those were great Colt teams . I was fortunate to be at the two playoff games between the Ravens and Colts in 2006 and 2012. I enjoyed watching Manning and Luck play. 

Teams can turn it around quick, and with a healthy Luck , you’re back in the thick of things. 

Yeah for sure.  But this team is trash.  

On 12/22/2017 at 8:42 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Cleveland, Chicago, Cincy, NYJ, Den, Mia all have huge question marks at the QB position, as i stated above we have a top 10 quarterback in Luck, who yes was injured this year but will be back. The fact that we have our franchise quarterback for the forseable future IMO seperates us from the bottom of the barrel pack.

The Colts don't have a better roster than 4 of those teams right now. Maybe 5.