• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, oldunclemark said:

You have no idea, Flash......The NFL's worst offense

It's a battle between a 3-win team (Colts) and a 4-win team (Broncos). I'm not expecting much from either team, and I'm also not expecting a W for the Colts. If they do win, great. If not, no worries -- better draft position.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Go Colts! Up 7-0 so far. Lets make the people mad that want to pick 3rd woooohoooo :thmup:. As long as we pick in the Top 10 I am good with it which we will. I just want to read comments from a lot of people that will freak out if we win because we drop a couple of spots in the Draft order lmao 

Some people just wanna watch the world burn lol

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He said Pinter is athletic but has trouble with big DTs and Pryor is big but has trouble with fast DEs.    Now, if Rauman can develop enough to start at LT and Pryor could move to guard, they might be okay but they’re not going to be moving guys around, unless they have to.     There’s always the cut downs where they might be able to pick somebody up.       
    • It is amazing that a lot of games can come down to only 1 or 2 game changing plays to determine a winner now days. It is a fine line between winning and losing. Tennessee won 4 games last year (At Seattle, Here, 49ers, Saints)  that I can remember because lady luck was on their side. They could have easily lost all of those games and been an 8-9 team. They would somehow get a crucial INT late when the opposing QB had a brain fart or they would convert a 4th and long then win on a last 2nd FG. Back in the day when we had Peyton we could make 2 or 3 mistakes and get away with it most of the time, now we can't nor can most teams.
    • Last year should be a case study for why it's very hard to win games in the NFL. Plenty of teams who should have won more, lost. Plenty of teams who should've lost, won. Gone are the days of cut and dry guaranteed winners. On paper the Bills should easily win their division, but in reality the flipping Dolphins could even win that title. 
    • I agree the OL doesn’t look elite now.   The difference is….   I wasn’t expecting it.   Not with two new guys.   And I’m not expecting it by wk1 of the regular season.    Too soon.    But I’m expecting it to be good enough to win with until it gets better.    Kevin Bowen has written our OL is no longer elite, but it can still be very good.   And I think that’s fair.   That’s what I’m hoping for.  
    • I agree with your last sentence for sure.  It looks like some on this thread don't realize the complexity of Oline play. And a major caveat here is that you can't really simulate the effectiveness in the running game, as I have stated almost every time I've commented on the oline.     However NCF, our Oline has also been getting beat up quite often in 1 on 1 matchups.  It's pretty evident.  In pass pro, most and at times all 5 linemen are going to be on their own.  Our pass pro was horrendous last season, and that can be largely accounted for by injury, but it was also horrendous late in the season, and unless people are hiding injury, we were mainly healthy.  If we have to chip and keep people in to combat this, then an already underwhelming pass catching unit will be even less whelming.    We don't look like a top unit right now, and if you don't see that, then we just see things differently.   I think it's imperative to this team's success that the OLINE plays at an elite or at least near elite level since there is so much invested in it, but right now it seems fairly obvious to me anyway that we don't seem to be on that trajectory.  
  • Members