Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Peyton Is Healthy Should We Trade Pick And Draft Tannehill?

PatMcAfeeFan

I'll tell you why we shouldn't draft luck. If he loses games, the papers will read "Tough Luck". "Bad Luck", "Dumb Luck", "Outta Luck", "Luck(s) Sucks"...... I don't think I could bear it.

Yea, but on the other hand, if Luck turns out to be a success, the papers will read:

"LUCKy charms."

"Luck of the draw."

"LUCKas Oil Stadium."

"Luck at my rings, Brady!"

"Luck, it's Superman!"

"Luck only counts in horseshoes..."

Yea, but on the other hand, if Luck turns out to be a success, the papers will read:

"LUCKy charms."

"Luck of the draw."

"LUCKas Oil Stadium."

"Luck at my rings, Brady!"

"Luck, it's Superman!"

"Luck only counts in horseshoes..."

How 'bout "Luckt is &%$#ed"

Yes they should trade the pick to Cleveland and get the #4 and #22 1st round picks from them along with there 2012, 2nd round pick and there 2013 1st round pick. Maybe even a DT. Then they would have two 1st, and 2 early 2nd round picks this year and then two 1st round picks next year with one of them potentially being the #1 overall pick again cause Cleveland will suck again this year.

That would give us 7 picks in the 1st two rounds of the draft in the next two years. I think we can get a lot of players to help reload this team instead of rebuilding totally. This would allow us the opportunity to draft a QB in the later rounds to develop behind a healthy Manning that restructures his deal to be more cap friendly and allows us some cap space. It's a no brainer! Give me all those picks and a healthy Manning for three more years and were good.

Thats good business!

Yes they should trade the pick to Cleveland and get the #4 and #22 1st round picks from them along with there 2012, 2nd round pick and there 2013 1st round pick. Maybe even a DT. Then they would have two 1st, and 2 early 2nd round picks this year and then two 1st round picks next year with one of them potentially being the #1 overall pick again cause Cleveland will suck again this year.

That would give us 7 picks in the 1st two rounds of the draft in the next two years. I think we can get a lot of players to help reload this team instead of rebuilding totally. This would allow us the opportunity to draft a QB in the later rounds to develop behind a healthy Manning that restructures his deal to be more cap friendly and allows us some cap space. It's a no brainer! Give me all those picks and a healthy Manning for three more years and were good.

Thats good business!

sounds great

now where is the healthy Manning?

I was just wondering this. There are people who are saying that Tannehill resembles Favre and Rodgers. If he shows that much talent then if Peyton gets to 100% before next season wouldn't it be nice to have a backup that could learn from him?

I'm not saying this should happen, but what if it did?

A similar thought would be to trade the pick and make the move next year to get Barkley.

Thats good business!

Healthy? Manning? wha??????

Why are we still talking about this??? Andrew Luck is going to be the next QB of the Colts. Enough said!!! Tannehill??? You don't take a guy that has been anywhere from 3rd to 6th (from what i've seen) in QB rankings when you have a guy that all the experts are raving over sitting in our lap!!!

So you are arguing that we should draft Luck because the papers will play on his name? :wall:

Froggie, despite hopping along with most of your posts, can you maybe lighten up....just a little? And please don't tell me how many times you've made a joke, and the impact of those numbers on the cap.....please no more.....

A similar thought would be to trade the pick and make the move next year to get Barkley.

Barkley is projected to possibly be a top 5 pick next year. Why woud we trade this year's number 1 pick, stock pile on draft picks, and turn around and give them away next year for a lesser QB?

I was just wondering this. There are people who are saying that Tannehill resembles Favre and Rodgers. If he shows that much talent then if Peyton gets to 100% before next season wouldn't it be nice to have a backup that could learn from him?

I'm not saying this should happen, but what if it did?

Tannerhill is raw , has great upside but must learn much, great potential, Id take him if Peyton around for him to teach, or if we are offered a wealth of picks just to good to pass up

Remember he hasnt played QB that much as was WR thats why so raw

I agree that Luck looks like a great QB. I for the life of me just don't understand why soooo many people are completely sold on an UNPROVEN college QB. really? WOW. There is other talent at QB in the draft. What ever happened to the "more bang for ur buck" theory? Luck is good but sure to be at a huge cost. There are soooooo many options to be entertained and I'm sure the Colts front office is looking at all of them. From much of the talk, if Luck is drafted, I fully expect him to be brought into the stadium on the first day carried in on a throne. WOW!