Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Will Carroll] Ballard and Irsays have already compiled coaching short lists. No unexpected names. Unlikely to fire Pagano in-season

stitches

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Anyone who can't see they've already been loyal to Pagano to the point of this teams demise..... is not someone I would want coaching this team.  No one in their right mind could question whether Pagano was given a fair chance.....

Really?  He was doomed when this season started. He was given a team that don't have enough talent to be competitive in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Really?  He was doomed when this season started. He was given a team that don't have enough talent to be competitive in the NFL.

Respectfully, I disagree. There is enough talent on the team to have numerous leads well into the second half of the games played this year. The coaches then take a conservative approach and give away the lead.

If anything, Pagano has been given plenty of opportunity to prove himself a good coach and he’s come up short.

Just now, Flash7 said:

Respectfully, I disagree. There is enough talent on the team to have numerous leads well into the second half of the games played this year. The coaches then take a conservative approach and give away the lead.

If anything, Pagano has been given plenty of opportunity to prove himself a good coach and he’s come up short.

They have lost three of their games due to turnovers by the QB and a fumble by TY makes it the fourth.

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

And Chuck continues to make questionable moves during the game and rarely has his team prepared in the early part of the game.

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is some talent on the team, but DB's are young, Ilber's hum not so good, remember the OL is fixed Laughable, but no Luck injury hurts badly and Brissett is Ok but came in FAR TO LATE. GM should have brought a VET QB in to compete when Luck had surgery!!

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

"No unexpected names."

What are the expected names?

That's the first thing I thought when I read it. What is an unexpected name? Is there some master list somewhere? Good grief these guys love to stir a 10 gallon pot with about an ounce of truth.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

They have lost three of their games due to turnovers by the QB and a fumble by TY makes it the fourth.

I think we can differentiate between the talent Pagano has been given to work with and the product on the field. (i.e. a back-up QB throwing a pick). I agree that the INTs have hurt the cause in these games, as has coaching, however, Brissett is more talented than the guy that Pagano supposedly wanted to go to battle with - Tolzien.

TY did fumble, however, you can't deny that he is talented. Most coaches would love to have T.Y. on their roster.

To say that Pagano was not given a fair shot at coaching due to lack of talent boils down to -- Luck is not playing. Otherwise the team has enough talent to win.

Just now, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

There is some talent on the team, but DB's are young, Ilber's hum not so good, remember the OL is fixed Laughable, but no Luck hurts badly and Brissett is Ok but came in FAR TO LATE. GM should have brought a VEt in to compete when Luck had surgery!!

There was a hope that ST would fit in alright

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Go ahead and pile it on. I'm a big boy, I can take it.  If anyone thinks a coaching change will automatically make more talent on this team feel free.

The results next season will make you wonder why Irsay didn't fire this clown sooner. You'll see. 

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

I think we can differentiate between the talent Pagano has been given to work with and the product on the field. (i.e. a back-up QB throwing a pick). I agree that the INTs have hurt the cause in these games, as has coaching, however, Brissett is more talented than the guy that Pagano supposedly wanted to go to battle with - Tolzien.

TY did fumble, however, you can't deny that he is talented. Most coaches would love to have T.Y. on their roster.

To say that Pagano was not given a fair shot at coaching due to lack of talent boils down to -- Luck is not playing. Otherwise the team has enough talent to win.

In the same vein no coaching change will make the current roster a SB contender

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Go ahead and pile it on. I'm a big boy, I can take it.  If anyone thinks a coaching change will automatically make more talent on this team feel free.

We have a lack of talent no doubt.  But theres been just as many games lost due to lack of game adjustments and planning as well as coaching blunders.  Combined with that, we are 2-6.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

In the same vein no coaching change will make the current roster a SB contender

Not the point of this discussion. I am not advocating for a new coach at the moment. I think it is almost a certainty that a coaching change will occur at the end of the season.

We are discussing whether Pagano has had a fair evaluation of his coaching abilities given the current roster. I think there is enough talent to make a fair evaluation, even without Luck.

Just now, Flash7 said:

Not the point of this discussion. I am not advocating for a new coach at the moment. I think it is almost a certainty that a coaching change will occur at the end of the season.

We are discussing whether Pagano has had a fair evaluation of his coaching abilities given the current roster. I think there is enough talent to make a fair evaluation, even without Luck.

I was referring to some of the other statements in the thread that said a coaching change is a miracle cure

I am nowhere near saying that a coaching change needs to be made but the current reflects more on management blunders not the coach

8 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Bellick getts pass's on his mistakes because he wins with superior talent, lets see haw good Green Bay is without Rodgers playing. I GUARANTEE NOT GOOD. Is that because of coaching I think not maybe because of the QB, being out YUP

:realitycheck:  What's your excuse for last year......