Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houstons owner racist comments??

Trace Pyott

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was talking to a friend the other day. He had just returned from a 2-month trip in Thailand. I told him I was going to a football game with another friend on Nov. 19th. He told me that he no longer support the NFL. I asked why. Guess what was his answer???

He said the NFL is discriminating against Kaepernick. I explained that Kaepernick is just not good enough to deal with the distractions he would bring. 

It happens everywhere 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's the thing, though. I don't think Kap's intention in sitting for the national anthem was to start a movement, or to effect change. He had other things he was doing that no one ever talks about, but that wasn't why he chose not to participate.

He declined participating in the national anthem because he didn't support a patriotic ceremony that he felt was rooted in oppression/suppression of black people. It wasn't necessarily protest; it was expression.

While wearing a Castro t shirt.   One of the most oppressive men ever.   

3 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Clearly you have something against this guy, I don't even know who he is.  I posted that video because he succinctly refutes your stance on police brutality and racism that you have brought up several times.

Larry Elder is one person. He does not speak for everyone. :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think Kap was far better and far more effective on the field than Tebow ever was.

At one time...but I also believe Tebows distractions with the media and all that it brought meant he lost out on a chance to be a back up....Which is about the level Kaep is at now. Same thing happened to ray rice....the talent wasn't worth the circus...Terrell Owens too....but we saw others whose was....and they got a second chance.   I think Kaep is past that tipping point of problems over talemt.

My first real experience with racial topics was around when I was about 10, this was back in the early 90's when Las Vegas had their "family image" thing they tried with water parks and the circus circus hotel and kid stuff. So we went, my folks and I and my older sister.

I am naturally blonde, blue eyed with fair skin. I spent the day at the water park (with 10 pounds of sunscreen on not to burn) with my sister and this little black girl my age who joined up with us to play. Everything was fine and then in line the little girl I became friends with looked at me and said "You know what. I wish I was born looking like you, my life would be so much easier." At that age I was stunned since well I honestly thought there was no difference between me and this girl my own age of a different color.

I looked at her and said "Why? You are beautiful." And she was, she was a pretty girl. Then she beamed at me and we went on the rest of our day playing. I was honestly even jealous of her since I was near close to getting pink skin in the sun from even wearing so much sun lotion. 

But as I got older it did make me wonder what the heck could this little girl have experienced or have been told or seen by the age of 10 to feel that way about herself? 

I think the sad thing is no matter how much we want to ignore all of these things, we really don't always know what it's like to be in the shoes of someone different then us unless they tell us.

Even I get irritated with what happens at times in society and who says what and the big deals they make but maybe we honestly do not know what their lives were always like.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was talking to a friend the other day. He had just returned from a 2-month trip in Thailand. I told him I was going to a football game with another friend on Nov. 19th. He told me that he no longer supports the NFL. I asked why. Guess what was his answer???

He said the NFL is discriminating against Kaepernick. I explained that Kaepernick is just not good enough to deal with the distractions he would bring. 

I do agree that as annoying as Kaep can be, he probably does deserve a backup job somewhere or even a third string job.

It is kinda odd but I have to kinda wonder too if something behind the scenes with money demands or his girlfriend is hindering his career here too now.

In todays world its a ME world. Everybody is so soft skinned. ANYTHING can be interpreted as raciest or sexist now days. WE CANT CHANGE HISTORY. no matter what we do.  With social media now a days its easy to get likes ,retweets ect .  Some groups do things to be heard, some just dont let it bother them. This world will always have some kind of hate or segregation its not always about race or religion ( i know theres always exceptions to everything). 

Im a Caucasian  maleand have dealt with my fair share of social issues  thats i wont express here. But that being said I'll give an example  you have " BLACK" History month why isnt this called African American Month? I do think theres alot of changes to be made but the way people and media go about it do more damage then good i think.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was talking to a friend the other day. He had just returned from a 2-month trip in Thailand. I told him I was going to a football game with another friend on Nov. 19th. He told me that he no longer support the NFL. I asked why. Guess what was his answer???

The problem with his statement is we don't know that to be fact. I can say that about Tebow as well but I don't know that to be fact. Why isn't Tebow in the league? Maybe it's because he isn't good enough? Kaep could be being black balled, I have no clue but nobody really knows. I just think kneeling for a flag that represents our country for your own personal reasons is wrong. Saying he or any player that kneels is because they are doing it for oppression is just an out. Bottomline is they are still disrespecting the flag of a country they live in and they are playing a game that pays them millions of dollars. Kaep has more money than he can ever spend because the US gave him the opportunity to play Football. In what other country would he have had been treated that great or had that opportunity to make the money he's made? Our Football players are treated like gold and worshipped by fans but yet they kneel for a flag the country represents. I give it a big fat Booooo LOL

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Omg....one guy says it ain't so...well end thread lol...

Police brutality is real. Anyone who said it isn't is in denial. (I am not saying you are in denial. You're very open-minded and willing to consider different perspectives. I appreciate you a lot.)

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

My first real experience with racial topics was around when I was about 10, this was back in the early 90's when Las Vegas had their "family image" thing they tried with water parks and the circus circus hotel and kid stuff. So we went, my folks and I and my older sister.

I am naturally blonde, blue eyed with fair skin. I spent the day at the water park (with 10 pounds of sunscreen on not to burn) with my sister and this little black girl my age who joined up with us to play. Everything was fine and then in line the little girl I became friends with looked at me and said "You know what. I wish I was born looking like you, my life would be so much easier." At that age I was stunned since well I honestly thought there was no difference between me and this girl my own age of a different color.

I looked at her and said "Why? You are beautiful." And she was, she was a pretty girl. Then she beamed at me and we went on the rest of our day playing. I was honestly even jealous of her since I was near close to getting pink skin in the sun from even wearing so much sun lotion. 

But as I got older it did make me wonder what the heck could this little girl have experienced or have been told or seen by the age of 10 to feel that way about herself? 

I think the sad thing is no matter how much we want to ignore all of these things, we really don't always know what it's like to be in the shoes of someone different then us unless they tell us.

Even I get irritated with what happens at times in society and who says what and the big deals they make but maybe we honestly do not know what their lives were always like.

What a story

I struggled with new situations because of similar things. I didn’t like trying to explain why there are certain things I can’t do

Story from my childhood

I have always struggled with Handwriting but in the 4th Grade when a sub got onto me one of my classmates got very upset and told the teacher that I couldn’t do it well

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Police brutality is real. Anyone who said it isn't is in denial. 

The question isn't whether or not there have been instances of police brutality.  People pretend it is some ongoing epidemic based on some deep seated systemic racism, which not one person has a shred of evidence for.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The problem with his statement is we don't know that to be fact. I can say that about Tebow as well but I don't know that to be fact. Why isn't Tebow in the league? Maybe it's because he isn't good enough? Kaep could be being black balled, I have no clue but nobody really knows. I just think kneeling for a flag that represents our country for your own personal reasons is wrong. Saying he or any player that kneels is because they are doing it for oppression is just an out. Bottomline is they are still disrespecting the flag of a country they live in and they are playing a game that pays them millions of dollars. Kaep has more money than he can ever spend because the US gave him the opportunity to play Football. In what other country would he have had been treated that great or had that opportunity to make the money he's made? Our Football players are treated like gold and worshipped by fans but yet they kneel for a flag the country represents. I give it a big fat Booooo LOL

As I told others, kneeling is not doing anything. Kneeling is just a symbol and it is not doing anything meaningful to effect change. I like what Doug Baldwin and some other guys are doing. They are working with police departments to help them better understand the community and improve relations between the police and the community. 

18 minutes ago, Jules said:

Damn, at 10 years old that had to blow your mind.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Police brutality is real. Anyone who said it isn't is in denial. (I am not saying you are in denial. You're very open-minded and willing to consider different perspectives. I appreciate you a lot.)

Thanks!! I just thought it was funny we've had like 8 pages of very different opinions and very thoughtful dialog but because Larry Elder said something well that ends the debate lol...we can close the thread lol! I honestly am proud we've done so well without making personal attacks or saying something offensive it's amazing and a credit to our posters lol.

Just now, dgambill said:

Thanks!! I just thought it was funny we've had like 8 pages of very different opinions and very thoughtful dialog but because Larry Elder said something well that ends the debate lol...we can close the thread lol! 

I've practically been begging for further discussion on the matter, so I don't know where you're getting this impression from.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

As I told others, kneeling is not doing anything. Kneeling is just a symbol and it is not doing anything meaningful to effect change. I like what Doug Baldwin and some other guys are doing. They are working with police departments to help them better understand the community and improve relations between the police and the community. 

I agree, no I CONCUR lmao 

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Thanks!! I just thought it was funny we've had like 8 pages of very different opinions and very thoughtful dialog but because Larry Elder said something well that ends the debate lol...we can close the thread lol! I honestly am proud we've done so well without making personal attacks or saying something offensive it's amazing and a credit to our posters lol.

I agree. 

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Hey Larry Elder is the judge! :thmup:haha 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Damn, at 10 years old that had to blow your mind.

I was kinda shocked that this little girl expressed this stuff to me randomly at a water park in line. But it does cross my mind from time to time even now with this one encounter.

Another guess I had with her must have been beauty ideals women in America grow up with in terms of coloring which is a whole different can of worms in itself. Girls especially see this stuff YOUNG. I grew up seeing Christie Brinkley types everywhere which never crossed my mind as unusual since I had the same coloring they did. 

They tried very hard in recent years to do away with some models that are your typical "American models" such as what many of us grew up with since many think they are offensive now. Which can bug me since that means they are telling me as a natural fair skinned blonde I am stupid and need to get out of the way since I am offensive even though I was born with the coloring I got too. lmao 

Blonde white women can be labeled now as "bad" I have seen by social justice warrior feminist types. Blonde actresses and models as evil. Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence have been two heavy targets by them.

I think the beauty crap with women is dumb since you can be hot at any race and models throughout time have shown this. I grew up seeing Naomi Campbell and Trya Banks too. And Bowie was with Iman who is another highly regarded former model and business woman.

Now we have men modeling for Cover Girl and trans women in Playboy. 

Sometimes I wonder how politically correct we can get until we just start acting TOO bizarre trying to cater to everyone in order to not hurt anyones feelings?

It can start to feel forced after time........

26 minutes ago, Jules said:

I do agree that as annoying as Kaep can be, he probably does deserve a backup job somewhere or even a third string job.

It is kinda odd but I have to kinda wonder too if something behind the scenes with money demands or his girlfriend is hindering his career here too now.

His girlfriend did something that sabotaged his possible signing with the Ravens. He is not worth the distraction.

Too many people are now more concerned about his getting a job than about his original reason for protesting. I don't care if he does not get a job.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

I was kinda shocked that this little girl expressed this stuff to me randomly at a water park in line. But it does cross my mind from time to time even now with this one encounter.

Another guess I had with her must have been beauty ideals women in America grow up with in terms of coloring which is a whole different can of worms in itself. Girls especially see this stuff YOUNG. I grew up seeing Christie Brinkley types everywhere which never crossed my mind as unusual since I had the same coloring they did. 

They tried very hard in recent years to do away with some models that are your typical "American models" such as what many of us grew up with since many think they are offensive now. Which can bug me since that means they are telling me as a natural fair skinned blonde I am stupid and need to get out of the way since I am offensive even though I was born with the coloring I got too. lmao 

Blonde white women can be labeled now as "bad" I have seen by social justice warrior feminist types. Blonde actresses and models as evil. Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence have been two heavy targets by them.

I think the beauty crap with women is dumb since you can be hot at any race and models throughout time have shown this. I grew up seeing Naomi Campbell and Trya Banks too. And Bowie was with Iman who is another highly regarded former model and business woman.

Sometimes I wonder how politically correct we can get until we just start acting TOO bizarre trying to cater to everyone in order to not hurt anyones feelings?

I love Scarlett Johansson. As an older white male I try to see all sides of things before I judge, maybe other white males should as well. You never know when you may offend someone with something you say.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

A lot of it goes back to the thought that was pounding in to people’s brain to conform

I am reading a book about the Osage Murders of the 1920s and it discusses how the tribe had to conform to survive

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

His girlfriend did something that sabotaged his possible signing with the Ravens. He is not worth the distraction.

Too many people are now more concerned about his getting a job than about his original reason for protesting. I don't care if he does not get a job.

To play devil’s advocate there are others who are more concerned with the flag and not the core issue

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As an older white male I try to see all sides of things before I judge, maybe other white males should as well. You never know when you may offend someone with something you say.

You make me feel old. You offended me. :P

All kidding aside, EVERYONE should try to "see all sides of things" before judging. Not enough people do that. Maybe this is the beginning of that here. I appreciate this forum a lot.