Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Ghost vanishes again (Merge)

MR. Blueblood

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

I get it, honestly I do. He's listed at 178 lbs, I don't think he's ever going to be beast mode.

Give him ANYTHING at #2 and I think he'd be more consistent. I don't even know who our#2 is this season.

He wants the respect that a #1 should get and he cashes the paycheck a #1 would should get,  so unfortunately for him, he needs to find a way to be beast mode, or he needs to learn to accept the criticism he gets.

9 minutes ago, IinD said:

So let's just get rid of him? That'll help the team?

Not at all.  Another good receiver would take a lot of the burden off of him.  Try to get a true #1, and TY would tear it up in the slot.  If not a #1, than a really good #2.  I don't hate TY, I just dont think he's good enough to carry the #1 load by himself like Marvin or Reggie were capable of.  

Just now, MR. Blueblood said:

He wants the respect that a #1 should get and he cashes the paycheck a #1 would should get,  so unfortunately for him, he needs to find a way to be beast mode, or he needs to learn to accept the criticism he gets.

That's fair.

Some people here think it's like cutting a 5th on the depth chart player. You better hit on that draft pick some here want because I guarantee if you send him to a team with a QB, he'll get 1500 yards.

Just now, Mr Coffee said:

Not at all.  Another good receiver would take a lot of the burden off of him.  Try to get a true #1, and TY would tear it up in the slot.  If not a #1, than a really good #2.  I don't hate TY, I just dont think he's good enough to carry the #1 load by himself like Marvin or Reggie were capable of.  

They had each other for a long time though. They helped each other.

We have zero other threats. All on him, that's tough when you're paying with a guy who want even here for training camp.

3 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

ITT: people once again trying to invalidly argue that #1 WRs never get shutdown.

It happens to the best of them, never is a word that shouldn't be used.  It just seems our #1 WR gets shut down a little too often.  But some seem to be happy with that.  I take it you're fine with his disappearing acts?

Just now, IinD said:

They had each other for a long time though. They helped each other.

We have zero other threats. All on him, that's tough when you're paying with a guy who want even here for training camp.

I agree, but his inconsistency was an issue, even with Luck.  I know that TY is the least of the team's problems.  His attitude at times really annoys me. He acts like too much of a diva for me.  Dancing after TDs  when we are getting destroyed.  Dancing in the locker room after the team just got crushed.  Stuff like that.  I want people on the team that at least look like they hate losing.   We've had hall of fame WRs in the past that were very humble on the field and didn't feed into thst crap.  He's not a good leader in my opinion.  

3 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I don’t live out there or listen to his radio show but isn’t rv the worst coach they ever had?

I love hearing Venturi analyze the team, but his coaching record is horrific.  It's like 1-35 including college and the pros.  (Or something terrible like that.  I'm positive he only won one game).  Obviosuoy he had terrible teams I'm sure, but ONE win over that many games.  It makes me wonder how good his analysis actually is.

Just now, Mr Coffee said:

I agree, but his inconsistency was an issue, even with Luck.  I know that TY is the least of the team's problems.  His attitude at times really annoys me. He acts like too much of a diva for me.  Dancing after TDs  when we are getting destroyed.  Dancing in the locker room after the team just got crushed.  Stuff like that.  I want people on the team that at least look like they hate losing.   We've had hall of fame WRs in the past that were very humble on the field and didn't feed into thst crap.  He's not a good leader in my opinion.  

I'll totally give you most of what you said I agree with.

It's just that a year like this year I see TY WAAAAAAY down the list of what our problems are. 

I also don't think he's a true all world wr, but he's a really good wr, why would we ship him out of town? Some folks are like ' let's get a third for him'...that's literally LOL funny.

Wanna see ugly? Roll out there with Crief and company the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

I'll totally give you most of what you said I agree with.

It's just that a year like this year I see TY WAAAAAAY down the list of what our problems are. 

I also don't think he's a true all world wr, but he's a really good wr, why would we ship him out of town? Some folks are like ' let's get a third for him'...that's literally LOL funny.

Wanna see ugly? Roll out there with Crief and company the rest of the season.

Agree.  Yeah I am hoping we get him help instead of trading him, and letting him go for a 3rd rounder would make us a laughing stock. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

I love hearing Venturi analyze the team, but his coaching record is horrific.  It's like 1-35 including college and the pros.  (Or something terrible like that.  I'm positive he only won one game).  Obviosuoy he had terrible teams I'm sure, but ONE win over that many games.  It makes me wonder how good his analysis actually is.

A lot of what he says comes to fruition.  He was even bragging about Sean McVay all off season.

25 minutes ago, MR. Blueblood said:

I've never said he sucked.  You don't lead the NFL in receiving yards if you suck.  What I want from T.Y. is consistency.  If having a player show up 10 out of 16 games is good enough for you I don't know what to tell you, because it's not good enough for me.  A #1 WR will find a way to beat double teams.  A #1 WR will find a way to show up week in and week out.  A #1 WR doesn't act like Jeckyl and Hyde.  It's a whole lot easier to be a star on a team full of players without talent. It's no wonder that nobody outside of the Colts fanbase doesn't look at T.Y. as a top tier WR.

You keep Hilton and go out there and get a #1. Whether that's FA or draft I really don't care. 

2 hours ago, Xander said:

Chud is what’s wrong with TY. And this offense. 

At the time of the pick six the Colts were running the ball at will. 5 yards a pop....Bengals D had no answer....Colts could all but put the game away .... so Chud on 2nd down goes empty backfield, pretending that Brissett will suddenly become Tom Brady, announcing to the whole world that they will not even fake a hand-off.....I absolutely can't stand his untimely poor play calling...

2 hours ago, MarquisJ said:

wrs also have to be able to create separation which indy wr core is incapable of doing from what i’m seeing this year 

That falls on the coordinator to call plays to help them get separation not intermediate routes  for all the receivers and the short route for Doyle only 

1 hour ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Call me crazy, but I still wouldn't trade him. Instead go out and get him some help. TY is NOT  a number 1 simply because of his size and limitations, not due to talent. 

Ty's making a lot of money and I would think Ballard might be thinking he could get another #2 to at least  show up against good defenses for a lot less. 

36 minutes ago, will426 said:

That falls on the coordinator to call plays to help them get separation not intermediate routes  for all the receivers and the short route for Doyle only 

How about his MULTIPLE drops this season.  I agree that the coaching sucks, but at what point does TY take blame for his shirt comings.  

2 hours ago, Mr Coffee said:

He was coach at a college where Dennis Green had an equally terrible record and he was a fill-in on one of those horrifically bad George teams if I remember right.  The record is largely decieving imo. He was employed for a long long time as a coordinator , so he was respected at least . He was 2-17 as a fill in on 2 terrible teams, the early 90s Colts and the mid-90s Saints.  At Northwestern he was like 1-32 but Dennis Green was just as bad or close there . 

3 hours ago, Mr Coffee said:

How about his MULTIPLE drops this season.  I agree that the coaching sucks, but at what point does TY take blame for his shirt comings.  

You're completely right he has dropped some but he gets more flack for not getting thrown the ball than he does for dropping and also a lot of our receivers have dropped MULTIPLE balls but even then who has made the most of thier targets being the smallest while being double teamed? He can get some blame but people are expecting him to DO IT ALL when he's not been targeted enough and their aren't any plays to spring him free Chud is a bigger issue than Hilton that needs to be addressed severely