Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts claim Dillon Day from Denver

RockThatBlue

19 hours ago, richard pallo said:

It was later reported that they didn't think it was that serious of an injury and they expected him to play this Sunday. 

I heard it wasn't as serious as previously expected but did not hear he was expected to play Sunday.

Looking back at his draft profile ( http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/dillon-day?id=2552243 ) his strength appeared to be his football knowledge and awareness. Hes apparently good at picking up blitzes and stunts, which is a major weak point for us right now. Not the best physical attributes but he plays smart and hes a fighter. As his draft profile says: "Not always pretty, but gets guys blocked"

I think the hope would be that a few years practicing against a tough Denver defense would help him hone his skills, and maybe fix a few of the issues he has with technique. That being said, if that was the case he would probably have a spot on a shaky Broncos OL, at least as a backup on the 53. 

Who knows. Lets see what Philbin can do with him, if anything. 

Makes you wonder what ol Austin Blythe is doing. Didn't Grigson draft him to back up Kelly? Is he even still in the league...not sure why he didn't get stashed on our practice squad or did I miss something. He even played a couple games last year for us as a rookie...couldn't have been that terrible.

15 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Looking back at his draft profile ( http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/dillon-day?id=2552243 ) his strength appeared to be his football knowledge and awareness. Hes apparently good at picking up blitzes and stunts, which is a major weak point for us right now. Not the best physical attributes but he plays smart and hes a fighter. As his draft profile says: "Not always pretty, but gets guys blocked"

I think the hope would be that a few years practicing against a tough Denver defense would help him hone his skills, and maybe fix a few of the issues he has with technique. That being said, if that was the case he would probably have a spot on a shaky Broncos OL, at least as a backup on the 53. 

Who knows. Lets see what Philbin can do with him, if anything. 

Denver's OL is even worse than ours...that said the one solid lineman they have is Matt Paradis at center so maybe its just a deep position and they want to bring in help for one of the other lineman.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Makes you wonder what ol Austin Blythe is doing. Didn't Grigson draft him to back up Kelly? Is he even still in the league...not sure why he didn't get stashed on our practice squad or did I miss something. He even played a couple games last year for us as a rookie...couldn't have been that terrible.

hes with the rams