Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Foster

WoolMagnet

Has anyone heard how Foster's ankle is?

Will he play again?

Anyone think he has a chance to come back on the team?

I loved the energy and excitement he brought. He was an over-achiever, IMO.

My heart was broken for him when that happened. I was sick in my stomach.

There are some players you make a connection with, and I did with him.

Anyone hear anything?

I don't have a link, but last I read, he was talking retirement... It's pretty sad. I definitely thought he was a great team player with a high motor, and I hope he makes a full recovery.

Hoping like mad that (the retirement part) doesn't turn out to be true. I've always liked Foster. He isn't the biggest or fastest or strongest, but he has an incredible motor and is a leader.

Its sad but I think he fell victim to our strategy of using undersized players. He was too small to play tackle like he did for season after season. Our tactics got a lot of players hurt.

The fact that he got his leg rolled up on by another one of our undersized players would make you think that he would be able to just walk it off. SMH

His size (or lack there of IYO) had nothing to do with the freak nature of this accident.

That being said Foster was a great guy to have on our D, he was always one of the guys getting everybody fired up in pregame. Will definitely miss his heart and work ethic if he's not able to make it back.

One problem is that he would have even "less" of a potential role in a 3-4. Maybe he gets released and ends up in Tampa with Coach Shiano. That's who started the "chop wood" stuff at Rutgers that Foster was doing to pump the team up as they were carting him away.

I think that is a enormous and ridiculous stretch to make.

The fact that he got his leg rolled up on by another one of our undersized players would make you think that he would be able to just walk it off. SMH

His size (or lack there of IYO) had nothing to do with the freak nature of this accident.

That being said Foster was a great guy to have on our D, he was always one of the guys getting everybody fired up in pregame. Will definitely miss his heart and work ethic if he's not able to make it back.

That was a freak injury that in no way was related to his size.

Ditto.

Not saying specifically him being small caused this. He got rolled on by one of our guys who is also undersized. They were both getting blown up by stronger o linemen. And one got pushed into him. If we weren't so small maybe our entire line on that play wouldn't have got destroyed like that. He fell victim to our scheme is all I'm saying.

Its sad but I think he fell victim to our strategy of using undersized players. He was too small to play tackle like he did for season after season. Our tactics got a lot of players hurt.

How would size prevent a guy snapping his ankle two?

Dude was hurt allot before this final injury. Just like all of our other players. He got rolled on by one of our guys who is also probably undersized.

Did you see the play?

Dude was hurt allot before this final injury. Just like all of our other players. He got rolled on by one of our guys who is also probably undersized.

Eric missed 3 games prior to this in his rookie season.

Not saying specifically him being small caused this. He got rolled on by one of our guys who is also undersized. They were both getting blown up by stronger o linemen. And one got pushed into him. If we weren't so small maybe our entire line on that play wouldn't have got destroyed like that. He fell victim to our scheme is all I'm saying.

It was understood what you were saying the first time. This explanation did not make your premise any better.

Could he play OLB? If I remember, he was at around 265. Assuming he's ok to play next season and the grand assumption that all of us have that they move to the 3-4.

Maybe a little of OLB but im guessing he'd be a situational 3-4 end. He's strong for his size and is a good pass rusher to boot.

I just hope the guy can play again. I always liked Foster and seeing him getting carted off with tears stunk.

Maybe a little of OLB but im guessing he'd be a situational 3-4 end. He's strong for his size and is a good pass rusher to boot.

I just hope the guy can play again. I always liked Foster and seeing him getting carted off with tears stunk.

Eric Foster is in no way, shape, form an OLB

Eric Foster is in no way, shape, form an OLB

He could possibly play 3-4 OLB in pure pass rushing situations if needed. I dont think he will be its not in the realm of impossibility.

Like I said, he will more than likely be a DE if this team does run a 3-4.

i dont see the colts being successful in run defense if we decide to use anderson,brayton,johnson and matthews as rotations for the 3-4 . The only defensive tackles we have, that stand a chance in the 3-4(considering they get bigger and stronger) is moala,nevis and foster. They all need to get in that weight room and pack on some pounds, because if they dont then we will once again be one of the worse rushing defenses in the league. How do you expect those players to keep blockers off our linebackers?!?!? I think pagano and manusky realize we are to undersized on the defensive line, something needs to be done about that.

He could possibly play 3-4 OLB in pure pass rushing situations if needed. I dont think he will be its not in the realm of impossibility.

Like I said, he will more than likely be a DE if this team does run a 3-4.

Ummm, no he couldn't. He is not the type of player to provide an edge rush.

Ummm, no he couldn't. He is not the type of player to provide an edge rush.

Although it was on early downs, he's played defensive end in a 4-3 tampa-2 which still required him to set the edge and penetrate up field .Im pretty sure if asked he could play the edge in 3-4 in rushing situations only*. Were not talking a 300 lb DT here. Were talking a 270 lb UT who is known for his quickness and ability to penetrate gaps. I didnt say the guy would be the next James Harrison, I just said he could do it if in a bind. Obviously you would ideally want to find a tweener type DE (Mathis, Hughes, etc..) to fill the depth chart. Hence why I said its unlikely.

Just reading up on him.... the dude also played LB in high school. Its not like the concept of standing up is so foreign to him. I also think he was originally projected as a 4-3 DE coming out of college but Dungy's obsession with quick D-lineman caused the move to UT.

Although it was on early downs, he's played defensive end in a 4-3 tampa-2 which still required him to set the edge and penetrate up field .Im pretty sure if asked he could play the edge in 3-4 in rushing situations only*. Were not talking a 300 lb DT here. Were talking a 270 lb UT who is known for his quickness and ability to penetrate gaps. I didnt say the guy would be the next James Harrison, I just said he could do it if in a bind. Obviously you would ideally want to find a tweener type DE (Mathis, Hughes, etc..) to fill the depth chart. Hence why I said its unlikely.

Just reading up on him.... the dude also played LB in high school. Its not like the concept of standing up is so foreign to him. I also think he was originally projected as a 4-3 DE coming out of college but Dungy's obsession with quick D-lineman caused the move to UT.

When his foot went the right direction that was not a position you would want him to play. That is not his skillset. In a bind or as part of an planned scheme, he is not a guy you want standing up and rushing the passer. Not what he does. Never has been and never will be.

When his foot went the right direction that was not a position you would want him to play. That is not his skillset. In a bind or as part of an planned scheme, he is not a guy you want standing up and rushing the passer. Not what he does. Never has been and never will be.

I pretty much agree with what youre saying . I was just giving my opinion that the guy physically could play OLB if asked unlike most UTs in the league. Its not something I would personally want to see happen.

I pretty much agree with what youre saying . I was just giving my opinion that the guy physically could play OLB if asked unlike most UTs in the league. Its not something I would personally want to see happen.

Even in pass rushing situations there is still the potential that he would have to cover the flats. If they know he is coming every time, it would create some serious gaps in the defense. DE in our 43 and OLB in a 34 are very different things

Just went back and watched it again...so hard not to cringe. Foster was truly one of my favorites, I always made sure to watch him or Freeney whenever I could.

I can't watch it again.

I fast-forward past that part now.

Plus, the SCREAMS he let out were heart-wrenching.

I LOVED his "arm dance" when he made a play.