Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I believe JB will start this Sunday

AustexColt

2 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

It's one play and it's simple to run I'm pretty sure it's in the playbook because they used it before with luck they just don't use it for some strange reason. Don't think it's that difficult for the linemen to just block for the run that's there job anyway and the cardinals wouldn't expect it

Oh Dear God...

15 hours ago, Superman said:

Do you mean specifically read option? And are you saying you want the Colts to run one option play all game long because "the Cardinals wouldn't expect it"?

It's actually not a simple play to block for. It requires identifying a rusher that will be unblocked, along with a backside pull. I like read option, think we should use more of it, but it can't be a foundational play of an NFL offense. 

No not actually run one play all game I'm saying add it to the mix and yes I'm talking about the read option

17 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Make no mistake,   I think tolzien is terrible.    I was upset they let Josh Freeman  go and signed him.   I have no doubt that eventually JB will be the FAR better option.   But I'm skeptical this week will ne considering he has been here such a short time

I agree.  I read that the Patriots implemented a very limited playbook for Brissett last year.  He was a rookie, and now has valuable experience. Still, he could only manage a subset of Patriots offense even after a full training camp.

17 hours ago, Stephen said:

That is his main problem from when he was in greenbay and now here. He likes the five yard passes and doesnt stretch the field enough. When he does he throws floaters that are easy to int. Morris and Brissett both have the ability to make throws under pressure. Have not seen that from Tolzien

I agree he doesn't take chances, but when he does throw deep his passes have good zip on them and not a lot of air.

Tolzien has two big problems:

He makes poor decisions when under pressure

He can't throw left.

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I agree he doesn't take chances, but when he does throw deep his passes have good zip on them and not a lot of air.

Tolzien has two big problems:

He makes poor decisions when under pressure

He can't throw left.

To the bolded, he lets pressure affect him way more than he should. It's really bad.

My feeling is they are going to start Tolzien again and give him a shorter rope.  If he screws up they'll probably snatch him faster.    Some of the comments Chuck/Chud made today each time they asked about Brisset lead me to believe Tolzien may get the start initially.  I feel that way because each time they asked about Brissett the coaches kept on emphasizing how hard it would be for Brissett because of his lack of knowledge of the playbook.

On 9/13/2017 at 1:28 PM, tikyle said:

Dude literally doesn't know the plays.  He's been there for a little over 10 days.  He may start, but to expect anything out of him would be totally unfair.  The only thing I would expect him to do is not throw 2 pick 6's next week.  Outside of that I have nothing for you.

No problem with that. Look at his highlights against the Giants with a Patriots uniform. He spent HALF the game running away because the Pats oline didnt protect him. He is used it to it and he made gains every play, he is so quick. Thats what he will be doing with the Colts anyway.