Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think Luck will play in week 2?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

5 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I don't think Jim and Chris will be too worried about it. In fact, they may be happy about it because they'll be in line for a top draft choice. 

I highly doubt either have that mind set.   If they do they shouldn't be running a pro sports  franchise

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I highly doubt either have that mind set.   If they do they shouldn't be running a pro sports  franchise

Wait a minute I never said they would lose on purpose. But he's trying to build this team through the draft. If it happens that they don't win very many games all the better for the draft. 

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Based on what,   exactly?

We have been the league's most dysfunctional team for years. Especially, the last two seasons.

No transparency towards the media and fans.

The blame for this dysfunction, for the most part, was given to Grigson and Pagano's icy relationship.

I had hoped the situation would change after Grigson was fired.

However, with Luck's current extended injury situation, I feel nothing has changed.

And now with the new GM in place, if the team continues down the same road of dysfunction, then Irsay should to be the one who is held responsible.

Well since he has decided to be more active publically over the last decade he seems to want to be more like Jerry Jones instead of hiring a Gm and let them do their jobs he seems to interfere a little to much in the operations and

if he does not like what he sees then step in and make changes If you look back in retrospect he was more of a silent

partner in the early manning era until  they became more successful  and all of a sudden he wanted to be more in the limelight publically

1 minute ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Well since he has decided to be more active publically over the last decade he seems to want to be more like Jerry Jones instead of hiring a Gm and let them do their jobs he seems to interfere a little to much in the operations and

if he does not like what he sees then step in and make changes If you look back in retrospect he was more of a silent

partner in the early manning era until  they became more successful  and all of a sudden he wanted to be more in the limelight publically

didn't like what he said earlier  in one of the news conferences  where he gave a jab to the Peyton era as to we 

don't care about nfl records being broke it's all about championships  We don't care about to make the playoffs 10 years in a row if we don't win championships. Well to make championships you first have to be in the playoffs first.

24 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

We have been the league's most dysfunctional team for years. Especially, the last two seasons.

No transparency towards the media and fans.

The blame for this dysfunction, for the most part, was given to Grigson and Pagano's icy relationship.

I had hoped the situation would change after Grigson was fired.

However, with Luck's current extended injury situation, I feel nothing has changed.

And now with the new GM in place, if the team continues down the same road of dysfunction, then Irsay should to be the one who is held responsible.

Not even close to correct.   Any of it.   A dysfunctional team doesn't  win 8 games back to back seasons while missing the starting qb.   Why would they release info about his status?  Who does  it benefit?  Not the team that's for sure

I see like almost a good thing to Luck being out this 1-3 weeks, yeah, he can comeback without that game speed, he must get used to play a game again, but the bright side for me is that the OL have 3 games, and 3 weeks of training to get fixed (at least better) to Luck's return, and probably is going to return with Kelly avaliable, ofc i wanted Luck playing 16 games, but we can take this

1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

I don't think Jim and Chris will be too worried about it. In fact, they may be happy about it because they'll be in line for a top draft choice. 

Remember last season they played Luck week 17 with nothing on the line. Delaying Lucks surgery, and dropping back 3-4 drafts picks in the process

On 9/8/2017 at 4:44 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

Irsay and Ballard pretty much cleaned house of the old front office and been replaced by people with great reputations.

And you think that our front office is "full of crap."   ???       Did you actually mean to say that?

Care to explain this?      It's a real head scratcher.......

Because everything is cloak and daggers.  

No one has seen the franchise quarterback even throw the ball since last season.  They say he's throwing but they arn't giving us any idea of a time table or how well he's throwing.

Then they go and cut the best quarterback they had this preseason and start Tolzien who's very clearly bad.  

They didn't have surgery on this injury even after Luck was out for the season with his Kidney laceration (which would have given him months of extra time to come back, but also would have avoided him playing an entire year on a bad shoulder)

On top of that they can't seem to communicate the severity of the injury.  Or why another QB Cam Newton had the same surgery at the same time and is playing while Luck is on the bench with no time table.  

I'm not sure this comes from Ballard, part of me thinks this comes from Irsay.  Whenever it comes to the starting quarterback being injured for some reason this team starts going into cloak and daggers mode.  

Consider Peyton Manning 2011. . . If I remember right the team kept him on the roster the entire time (no IR) and pretended that entire time that there was a good chance that Manning would come back and play at some point during that season.  He doesn't and it should have been clear to anyone familiar with the injury that he wasn't going to be back that season.

Andrew Luck's Kidney laceration.  They first gave him like a 3 to 4 week timetable or something like that.  With like 2 months left in the season it seemed like he should very clearly be back by the time the season closes.  Again he stays off IR the entire time but doesn't even come close to coming back that season.  

And now this.  Yet another starting QB injury that everyone is kept completely in the dark about.  The quarterback is on the roster.  They are talking like he's gonna be back this season.  But no one in the media has seen him throw, his own head coach is denying that he's ever seen him throw.  Let me ask you a question.  If Pags has not seen Luck throw. . . WHO HAS SEEN LUCK THROW??  Is there a single person who's stepped forward and said "Yes I've seen Luck throw??"  Has Luck even said he's throwing or is it just some big rumor that he's throwing.  

Like at this point, thinking back on the history of how this team has handled these situations.  I would not be surprised at all if Luck is out for the season.  Because that would be in keeping with how the Colts have handled these situations in the past.  

And it would also explain the inexplicable reason that they decided to start Scott Tolzien and cut Morris.  

6 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Consider Peyton Manning 2011. . . If I remember right the team kept him on the roster the entire time (no IR) and pretended that entire time that there was a good chance that Manning would come back and play at some point during that season.  He doesn't and it should have been clear to anyone familiar with the injury that he wasn't going to be back that season.

This has been discussed quite a bit from Superman. Peyton was on the team because at that time in the preseason he was improving and was looking to start. It wasn't until after the season began that he suffered a setback, which is why he ended up never playing. 

We currently don't know what shape Andrew is in. He could be recovering just fine or has suffered a setback. We just don't know. We're fans. We're important, but let's be honest, we're not important enough to know everything. 

I guess we'll see the truth as the seasons churns on. 

On 9/8/2017 at 6:27 PM, jvan1973 said:

Not even close to correct.   Any of it.   A dysfunctional team doesn't  win 8 games back to back seasons while missing the starting qb.   Why would they release info about his status?  Who does  it benefit?  Not the team that's for sure

They do if they play in the AFC South. 

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Because everything is cloak and daggers.  

No one has seen the franchise quarterback even throw the ball since last season.  They say he's throwing but they arn't giving us any idea of a time table or how well he's throwing.

Then they go and cut the best quarterback they had this preseason and start Tolzien who's very clearly bad.  

They didn't have surgery on this injury even after Luck was out for the season with his Kidney laceration (which would have given him months of extra time to come back, but also would have avoided him playing an entire year on a bad shoulder)

On top of that they can't seem to communicate the severity of the injury.  Or why another QB Cam Newton had the same surgery at the same time and is playing while Luck is on the bench with no time table.  

I'm not sure this comes from Ballard, part of me thinks this comes from Irsay.  Whenever it comes to the starting quarterback being injured for some reason this team starts going into cloak and daggers mode.  

Andrew Luck's Kidney laceration.  They first gave him like a 3 to 4 week timetable or something like that.  With like 2 months left in the season it seemed like he should very clearly be back by the time the season closes.  Again he stays off IR the entire time but doesn't even come close to coming back that season.  

And now this.  Yet another starting QB injury that everyone is kept completely in the dark about.  The quarterback is on the roster.  They are talking like he's gonna be back this season.  But no one in the media has seen him throw, his own head coach is denying that he's ever seen him throw.  Let me ask you a question.  If Pags has not seen Luck throw. . . WHO HAS SEEN LUCK THROW??  Is there a single person who's stepped forward and said "Yes I've seen Luck throw??"  Has Luck even said he's throwing or is it just some big rumor that he's throwing.  

Like at this point, thinking back on the history of how this team has handled these situations.  I would not be surprised at all if Luck is out for the season.  Because that would be in keeping with how the Colts have handled these situations in the past.  

And it would also explain the inexplicable reason that they decided to start Scott Tolzien and cut Morris.  

As bad as Tolzein was,  Morris would've been worse.      That's why he was cut. 

This isn't Grigson, we're talking about.     This is Chris Ballard.    If Morris was as good as you and others here think he is,   he'd still be on the team and he would've started yesterday and they wouldn't have traded for Brissett.

Morris is NOT who you think he is.

And, I don't know why you think Cam Newton and Andrew Luck had the same surgery.     Yes, both were on the "shoulder"     But there are different parts.    Newton's was much less of an injury than was Luck's.     And this has been posted dozens of times.      If Superman had a dollar for every time he's written about the differences he'd be rich!       It's like saying that two players both had leg injuries.    One was a knee, the other was an ankle.    They're not the same.

And the reason they didn't have Luck do his surgery back in 2015 is because (A) Luck didn't want it,  and (B) it was not thought then to be necessary.    It became necessary during the 16 season which is why Luck had the surgery immediately after the 16 season.  

The team is quiet about for two reasons.     One,  no NFL team gives out information if they don't have to....   and two,  they really don't know when Luck will be back.     They just believe him to be back in the first six weeks.

I appreciate the incredible frustration,  but there are answers....    even if they're not obvious,  and even if you don't agree with them.

No, he won't play this week.  I was hoping he would because I bought tickets back in July.  Now I am hoping and crossing my fingers that Brisset gets the start.  I am sorry, I just can't handle Tozien and if he starts next week I know the boos are going to be rolling in.  I think the organization has nothing to lose to start Brisset.  If Luck makes it back by week 3, that would be awesome, if he's out past that, I'd honestly say sit him for the year if they are 0-4.  I don't see the point in risking another serious injury.  I know this won't happen but I wouldn't be against it.  The latest report says he won't play again until October.  No one really knows though.  The only good news about yesterday is the Titans and Texans both lost.  The Texans have a short week at Cinci(who looked awful as well) then there at New England, they could easily be 0-3.  The Titans are at Jacksonville then at home vs Seattle they could possibly be looking at 0-3 as well.  Titans Texans play each other week 4.  The Jags looked good yesterday from the defensive side of the ball, the o line and the running backs but there quarterback is still an issue, I don't trust them.  It's crazy how much Luck means to the Colts.  Just like Colin Cowherd said, Andrew Luck and LeBron James mean the absolute most to their teams in professional sports.  It's showing.