Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Olb Brandon Peguese

CashMoney

From rotoworld:

Colts signed OLB Brandon Peguese, formerly of the Eagles.

Peguese was announced as a defensive end, but he'll be a pass-rushing outside linebacker/end hybrid in Indy's new 3-4 based defense. Peguese went undrafted out of Hampton last year before latching on in Eagles training camp. New Colts GM Ryan Grigson was in Philly's scouting department at the time.

that doesnt look like a 3 4 OLB ...perhaps we aint moving yet to a full 34

It was hard to tell from Pagano's press conference. On one hand he said that he wasn't sure that he would make the change right away, then later he says that if the Texans can make the change with no off season and make it work then he didn't see why we couldn't do the same. Those aren't his exact words but really close to it (I know people like to jump on you around here if you can't give 100% accurate info). I'm of the opinion that if a coach wants to give himself the best chance to succeed he will stick with what he knows or feels the most comfortable with. You start doing things you don't know and you get yourself in trouble.

It was hard to tell from Pagano's press conference. On one hand he said that he wasn't sure that he would make the change right away, then later he says that if the Texans can make the change with no off season and make it work then he didn't see why we couldn't do the same. Those aren't his exact words but really close to it (I know people like to jump on you around here if you can't give 100% accurate info). I'm of the opinion that if a coach wants to give himself the best chance to succeed he will stick with what he knows or feels the most comfortable with. You start doing things you don't know and you get yourself in trouble.

fair points...all we can do is wait i guess :)

i truly hope they dont go all 3 4 from day one, i don tthink we are ready yet. a smooth transition should be best imo, but of course they will do what they feel comfortable with, like you said.

If he cannot make the Eagles with a former offense coach as DC.....I would be happy to see a fast aggressive special teams stud! Who was our last one? Angerer was good on special teams but not a 4.6 40 like Superman said.

Until we get bigger on the front the defense will have to play 4-3. They can drop Mathis back when Nevis is in or a new Nose tackle. Until we have a bad Jose up front....we will need to disguise big time with creative blitz packages.

From rotoworld:

Colts signed OLB Brandon Peguese, formerly of the Eagles.

Peguese was announced as a defensive end, but he'll be a pass-rushing outside linebacker/end hybrid in Indy's new 3-4 based defense. Peguese went undrafted out of Hampton last year before latching on in Eagles training camp. New Colts GM Ryan Grigson was in Philly's scouting department at the time.

I saw that too..Stryker''

INDY'S NEW 3-4 BASED DEFENSE????

Really? Does somebody know somethjng that hasn't been said out loud??

I'm sure fellow Hampton alumna, Antoine Bethea, will show him the ropes.

Woops! Got my H's mixed up. Not a huge difference between Hampton and Howard... but big enough. My bad!!

Well I at least give you credit in that you knew that these guys are from the same general area of VA...the 757...where Hampton University (Hampton) is located and where Bethea played high school ball at Denbigh High (Newport News). So both have some connection to the same area.