Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck not to be added to PUP

Barry Sears

We will know more this weekend, because a decision has to officially be made. The Colts brass must either keep Luck on PUP or take him off. 

If if he comes off PUP this weekend then the front office expects him to play within the first 5 weeks. If he stays on PUP then the front office believes he is 6 or more regular season weeks away from being ready. 

13 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Put any tickets that you don't expect to use on StubHub now. When the bads news gets out, you won't be able to give them away.

Not following you. 

If Luck gets taken off PUP then there is a chance of him playing in week 1. If he stays on PUP then there is zero chance he plays the first 6 weeks. 

The title of the thread speculates Luck will be taken off PUP. That does not prove Colts tickets will drop in value. The ticket value will not drop unless Luck is officially ruled out of any game. 

4 minutes ago, Roger said:

Looks like some bargains are available now on stub hub.

They have been for a while now. Due to the uncertainty of Luck's status early in the season, the Cardinals tickets have been reasonably priced.

That is nothing new. 

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Not following you. 

If Luck gets taken off PUP then there is a chance of him playing in week 1. If he stays on PUP then there is zero chance he plays the first 6 weeks. 

The title of the thread speculates Luck will be taken off PUP. That does not prove Colts tickets will drop in value. The ticket value will not drop unless Luck is officially ruled out of any game. 

To a hardcore fan, I agree. But to people who are not die-hards, they're more likely to make other plans. They're not following this the way you are. They hear some noise, blah blah Luck is hurt, and they bail.

Check out the prices on Stub Hub.  Great bargains.

10 minutes ago, Roger said:

To a hardcore fan, I agree. But to people who are not die-hards, they're more likely to make other plans. They're not following this the way you are. They hear some noise, blah blah Luck is hurt, and they bail.

Check out the prices on Stub Hub.  Great bargains.

I agree with some of what you're saying. 

Due to the uncertainty of Luck's status early in the season, the Cardinals tickets have been reasonably priced for quite some time. This is nothing new. 

Maybe some people are just now looking. I promise you that those prices were at a bargain as soon as the Cardinals tickets could be re-sold. 

I'm getting more hopeful that Luck will be ready week 1. Chuck Pagano said that Tolzien is starting the last preseason game. Why would he risk injury to a guy he thinks will be the starting quarterback by letting him play with backups against backups.

Pagano also said that Tolzien is still getting first team reps so that would take Morris out of the picture to start week 1. 

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think it's 50/50 at this point that Luck starts week 1. However, I'm more optimistic that Luck will start now than before. Since we didn't sign a QB, the logical side of me thinks that Luck will miss a couple weeks at the most. The logic here to me seems to be that we can survive the first few games without Luck if need be, and get him back to full health with a 1-2 record or something to that extent.

More than likely, we should see him before the Seahawk game, which we need Luck for to have a chance to win.

15 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'm getting more hopeful that Luck will be ready week 1. Chuck Pagano said that Tolzien is starting the last preseason game. Why would he risk injury to a guy he thinks will be the starting quarterback by letting him play with backups against backups.

Pagano also said that Tolzien is still getting first team reps so that would take Morris out of the picture to start week 1. 

I agree with you and I am optimistic but on the other hand Tolzien needs as many reps as possible to be honest.  I hope Lucks back tho!

26 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Maybe Tolzien is starting just to protect Morris to start game one?

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree with you and I am optimistic but on the other hand Tolzien needs as many reps as possible to be honest.  I hope Lucks back tho!

I think it does nothing to play him against a bunch of backups especially if the protection from our backup linemen gets him hit a lot. I'm not completely sure though.

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't think we can look at game 4 the same as in past seasons.  Tolzien and Morris need as many reps as they can get.  If Tolzien gets injured, then Morris starts the season.  Luck will return sometime soon, so getting your backup QBs as much PT as possible is more important than either one of them having an injury.  The other equally talented backup just takes his place.

19 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't think we can look at game 4 the same as in past seasons.  Tolzien and Morris need as many reps as they can get.  If Tolzien gets injured, then Morris starts the season.  Luck will return sometime soon, so getting your backup QBs as much PT as possible is more important than either one of them having an injury.  The other equally talented backup just takes his place.

This. All of this. If Luck was active, yeah he would probably sit out game 4. Scott Tolzein, on the other hand, needs all the snaps he can grab for obvious reasons, and so does Morris.

22 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But if one gets hurt that would leave even more uncertainty with the 53 man roster coming up. I do not want Phillip Walker on this roster or getting into a game. However, Luck will probably not be ready for week 1 and Tolzien will probably start. I just don't see the need to play in a game with guys that won't even be on the roster on Saturday. That does nothing to help with chemistry with the first string offense.

3 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I agree with some of what you're saying. 

Due to the uncertainty of Luck's status early in the season, the Cardinals tickets have been reasonably priced for quite some time. This is nothing new. 

Maybe some people are just now looking. I promise you that those prices were at a bargain as soon as the Cardinals tickets could be re-sold. 

Colts tickets have been dirt cheap since last the beginning of last season...even when Luck was healthy. I went to half of the home games last season and never spent more than $40 on any ticket.

48 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

But if one gets hurt that would leave even more uncertainty with the 53 man roster coming up. I do not want Phillip Walker on this roster or getting into a game. However, Luck will probably not be ready for week 1 and Tolzien will probably start. I just don't see the need to play in a game with guys that won't even be on the roster on Saturday. That does nothing to help with chemistry with the first string offense.

Sure, the QB position is thin.  I think what some are saying is that since Tolzien is starting, and only the backups play in game 4, that must mean Morris is the starter for Week 1.  I think Tolzien starting this game simply shows that he is the backup QB and that Luck is expected to return within a few weeks.  I wouldn't read anything more into it.

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Sure, the QB position is thin.  I think what some are saying is that since Tolzien is starting, and only the backups play in game 4, that must mean Morris is the starter for Week 1.  I think Tolzien starting this game simply shows that he is the backup QB and that Luck is expected to return within a few weeks.  I wouldn't read anything more into it.

Has Pagano said that Morris is not going to play in this game at all?  Last I checked he never said that, but just mentioned that Tolzein was going to start.  Also, Tolzein is still getting the reps with the 1's, so it is still looking as if Tolzein is our Week 1 starter.  Just looking at what is in front of me....but if he said Morris will not play at all then this is looking to be different.

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

Has Pagano said that Morris is not going to play in this game at all?  Last I checked he never said that, but just mentioned that Tolzein was going to start.  Also, Tolzein is still getting the reps with the 1's, so it is still looking as if Tolzein is our Week 1 starter.  Just looking at what is in front of me....but if he said Morris will not play at all then this is looking to be different.

I didn't suggest that Morris wouldn't play.  think some have suggested in the past that Tolzien starting this final preseason game meant something about the order of the backup QB spot or Luck's timeline.  I'm simply saying that Luck is considered the starter but is out for a few weeks and the next two QBs will see playing time based upon their rank.  I always assumed Morris would play this final preseason game and may see much more playing time than Tolzien since Tolzien is the week 1 starter.  It sounds like that's what Pagano is thinking.

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think it's 50/50 at this point that Luck starts week 1. However, I'm more optimistic that Luck will start now than before. Since we didn't sign a QB, the logical side of me thinks that Luck will miss a couple weeks at the most. The logic here to me seems to be that we can survive the first few games without Luck if need be, and get him back to full health with a 1-2 record or something to that extent.

More than likely, we should see him before the Seahawk game, which we need Luck for to have a chance to win.

I'd take that bet. I would say there is zero chance of Luck starting week one.

43 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I understand this is a unique situation, but many other teams only have 2 quarterbacks play in the last preseason game and have the starter not play. So if Tolzien is starting week 1, I would not let him play and just have Morris and Phillip Walker play. I don't know what's going on though... just speculating.