Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Moves (Countdown to 53)

TKnight24

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

.......and that aspect worked....because nobody played anybody they really valued (except the Bears..who played Mitch Trubisky?)

...but this cut down freanzy..might be something GMs want to change going forward.

Its almost like draft day

The one way to get around it is to expand the regular seasons rosters

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Didn't there used to be 3 cuts?

..I think it changes because how can a cut player show what he can do to a new team unless he gets one game to play for them.

It may all change if they cut the number of pre-season games, though

I think there used to be 3 cuts when you and I were kids and the pre-season was 6 games and not 4.

But I believe aht since the pre-season went to 5 games (whenever that was)  the cuts have been two until this year.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

He's a long term project

I watched Brissett in the last NE game. He had a very big day. Led a last minute drive to a field goal that should have won the game.

In one play, he was Ben-like shaking off rushers to get a pass off. The commentators all marveled at how he did it. With our OL, that may come in handy. I'm sorry to lose Dorsett but we will be happy with Brisett.

2 minutes ago, ColtsAC said:

I watched Brissett in the last NE game. He had a very big day. Led a last minute drive to a field goal that should have won the game.

In one play, he was Ben-like shaking off rushers to get a pass off. The commentators all marveled at how he did it. With our OL, that may come in handy. I'm sorry to lose Dorsett but we will be happy with Brisett.

but we have Andrew.....he's a backup at best.

Best case scenario..he never plays

Both McGill and Barry being waived means that we are probably going to be signing someone in free agency directly to our 53,not necessarily to the defensive tackle position. There is probably a good chance that TJ Ward could be signed to our 53, I'm speculating.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

but we have Andrew.....he's a backup at best.

Best case scenario..he never plays

He's the back-up when Andrew is playing.

But when Anderw is not playing,  he's likely the starter.       He started for NE last year.     And did so on short notice and little practice. 

That's what we will do with him,  possibly as soon as week 1,  but no later than wk 2.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

He's the back-up when Andrew is playing.

But when Anderw is not playing,  he's likely the starter.       He started for NE last year.     And did so on short notice and little practice. 

That's what we will do with him,  possibly as soon as week 1,  but no later than wk 2.

I think there is no chance that Jacoby Brissett...who isn't even here yet..and knows none our players, coaches  or play concepts....starts Sept. 17

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think there used to be 3 cuts when you and I were kids and the pre-season was 6 games and not 4.

But I believe aht since the pre-season went to 5 games (whenever that was)  the cuts have been two until this year.

so true...

Wow..6 pre-season games.....That was a long walk down a dark, dusty road

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I think there is no chance that Jacoby Brissett...who isn't even here yet..and knows none our players, coaches  or play concepts....starts Sept. 17

Question:

Would you agree that we likely could've traded Dorsett for a 4th or 5th round draft pick?     I don't think that's unreasonable.

Why would we trade him then and get no draft pick in return for a QB that you don't think will start in two weeks?

I think we traded for him because we want and need him as soon as we can get him up to speed.      That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Follow-up....

Remember what Chud did with Freeman and Lindley with roughly 3-4 days on the last week of the 2015 season.    We won the last game of the seaso with those two.

He can do more with Brissett.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ballard is no different, he leans towards the guys he brought in.

Who are you thinking about? TJ Bray and Clark reported to be on the bubble are here none are his guys. He cut Spence Howard JoJo bubble guys he brought in. I don't see a lot of surprises besides McGill but he couldn't get on the field before this year There's something there we don't get to see 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Follow-up....

Remember what Chud did with Freeman and Lindley with roughly 3-4 days on the last week of the 2015 season.    We won the last game of the seaso with those two.

He can do more with Brissett.

I do..

....I just think those are other players..and it was the end of the year when everybody knew their assigments.

Hey, Tolzien could get crushed in the first quarter next Sunday and the Brissett is in there...immediately

It could happen....