Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano Live

TKnight24

Again, this isn't really 'new' regarding Luck.. I'm probably more pessimistic about his return date than most here, but I'm not in the he's "done" camp, which people are now saying.. ugh.. 

That Davis injury is a pretty bad news too. 

The injuries are kicking this season in the butt..

Finally starting to give in to the idea that the FO/Owners aren't really too worried about pushing for contention this year, and are content developing talent and letting Chuck be the fall guy at years end.....  Not that I'm necessarily opposed to the idea, but it takes some getting used to when you start to come to the realization....

6 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Finally starting to give in to the idea that the FO/Owners aren't really too worried about pushing for contention this year, and are content developing talent and letting Chuck be the fall guy at years end.....  Not that I'm necessarily opposed to the idea, but it takes some getting used to when you start to come to the realization....

Based on what?

4 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

One thing I don't get is I know luck is close but why it's taking so long for practice and all. Drew Brees shoulder was horrific with a complete tear, rotator cuff jacked and he was able to play 16 games that year. His injury even happened on December 31st.

I do believe its the Colts playing it safe with Luck.  Plus, everyone heals at different rates. My acl was only supposed to take on average 6-8 months to get back to full strength, it took nearly a year.

This year is starting to shape up as the worst year we could have out of the last 3. I never wanted to believe we would go FULL rebuild, but at this point we are out a lot of key pieces and it might be wise just to throw the young players to the wolves and let them have their growing pains now. If Vontae is done for any extended period of time, we would have lost our two best defensive players, our starting center, and our franchise QB (can't believe that he will be back ready to go by week one if no one has seen him throw). Might just be one of those painful years to endure for a brighter future. I don't want to use the "T" word, but very well looking to be that way and Pagano will be toast as well. 

What makes me angry is that we wernt more prepared for this possibility and didnt have a more capable guy as a back up. Its kinda late now to acquire another guy and get him up to speed. I remain positive because I believe that Ballard is the type of guy that would of brought someone in if he thought Luck could miss 4-6 weeks. I think Luck is ready but there not gonna take him off PUP until they have to.

39 minutes ago, csmopar said:

yep and this isnt Davis' first groin injury either.  I like Vontae a lot, but he's toast as a Colt now

I'm starting to think Vontae just likes showing people his "junk."

he seems to always have a groin problem that needs another opinion.

32 minutes ago, J@son said:

Based on what?

Just a general feeling, and the vibes coming from the organization are a complete lack of urgency.... not in rushing Luck, but not even trying to have an open competition at QB in his absence...... also, the historical secrecy around injury severity, and the tendency for "minor" initial injuries to end in months or season's absences......  it just is a very "here we go again" feeling....  Still looking forward to the young guys developing and team growth, but tempering my expectations of anything beyond that at the moment....

23 minutes ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

What makes me angry is that we wernt more prepared for this possibility and didnt have a more capable guy as a back up. Its kinda late now to acquire another guy and get him up to speed. I remain positive because I believe that Ballard is the type of guy that would of brought someone in if he thought Luck could miss 4-6 weeks. I think Luck is ready but there not gonna take him off PUP until they have to.

Might be, but that seems highly silly....

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

They think they're doing a good job...  SMH

You have the right to ask whatever you want. You don't get to demand information. I'm sure that the moment Luck is cleared, he'll be on the field practicing with the team. Until then, what good does it do trying to get Pagano to tell you something that he is not going to tell you? This is beyond annoying to me.

Also, the timeline is not Week 1. They aren't going to play him until he's ready, bottom line. I don't think they can make that any clearer than they have -- from Luck to Pagano to Ballard, all the way up to Irsay two weeks ago. http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/08/13/indianapolis-colts-gm-pleased-andrew-lucks-arm-strength/563332001/ 

51 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

The only thing that's obvious is that they aren't worried about Week 1. 

59 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I do agree that, if this team were Super Bowl ready, Luck would be out there.  Seven weeks?  He could not play seven weeks after being cleared to throw?   Half a football season?   Seems pretty questionable, as if other factors are being taken into consideration - injuries, talent level, lame duck coach, etc.

41 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Just a general feeling, and the vibes coming from the organization are a complete lack of urgency.... not in rushing Luck, but not even trying to have an open competition at QB in his absence...... also, the historical secrecy around injury severity, and the tendency for "minor" initial injuries to end in months or season's absences......  it just is a very "here we go again" feeling....  Still looking forward to the young guys developing and team growth, but tempering my expectations of anything beyond that at the moment....

None of that really suggests though that the FO isn't concerned about competing this year.

1 hour ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

That would be monumentally stupid on their part.  Not allow Luck to practice or play in Preseason games just so they can keep him on PUP a little longer?  What purpose would that serve?

Just blows my mind that we are going to move forward with Scott Tolzien. He is garbage. This will be the first thing I question of Ballard. Tolzien isn't the most talented QB, he's never even won an NFL game. Morris or even * Kap would be better. 

It's like we're not even trying to improve our chances of winning without Luck. It's mind numbing. 

1 minute ago, Xander said:

Just blows my mind that we are going to move forward with Scott Tolzien. He is garbage. This will be the first thing I question of Ballard. Tolzien isn't the most talented QB, he's never even won an NFL game. Morris or even * Kap would be better. 

I totally agree...But something inside me  just knows they are gonna chose Tolzien.

8 minutes ago, Xander said:

It's like we're not even trying to improve our chances of winning without Luck. It's mind numbing. 

Wouldn't be surprised if this is mostly Chuck's call. Even if Ballard wants Morris I kinda doubt he'd try to nudge Chuck already, but who knows.