Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Hickman and Newton [Merge]

MTC

Chick first, Hick next, lol :). I hope our "rain man" GM's moves pay off with great defensive and ST depth for us :). I am still waiting for the first move on skill positions for us on the offensive side.

Does anyone think we will make a lot of roster moves with the starters before the draft?

From the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. He did have a solid season, but that could be from having another really good DE line up on the other side. If I'm not making a mistake, Newton was on the team before

Yeah, Newton was on the team...

Newton, 5-10, 197 pounds, was originally signed by the Colts as an undrafted free agent on April 30, 2010. He competed in 12 games on special teams and as a reserve defensive back. Newton finished the season with six special teams tackles and contributed with one fumble recovery against Cincinnati (11/14). He missed the 2011 campaign and was placed on the Colts’ Waived/Injured list on August 28.

Know a lot about this guy; this is what I said in another thread:

CFL All Star. Had 13 sacks this year in the CFL. Many of the same traits as Cameron Wake, but is a little bigger and not as fast. Been in the league a couple of years, amassing 14 total sacks in 2009 and 2010. He has the potential to be a backup, fight for the starting (4-3) DE or (3-4) OLB spot if Mathis or Freeney leave. Good signing, torched the Allouettes a ton of times.

The Colts have added two more players:LB Justin Hickman and DB Mike Newton

Hickman

a CFL veteran OLB/DEfrom UCLA,Signed by the Washington Redskins as an undrafted Free Agent he then spent the 2009 thru 2011 seasons playing for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.In 2009 and 2010 he recorded 7 sacks but in 2011 he recorded 11 sacks and was named a CFL All-Star.

Hickman Vitals:

Hometown:El Paso, Texas

College:UCLA

Birthday:July 20, 1985

Ht.:6 ft. 2 inches

Wt.: 265 pounds

Newton

Was a Colts Signee in 2010 and spent part of the year on the active roster but was released with an injury settlement during the 2011 preseason

Newton Vitals:

Hometown:Pasadena, Maryland

College:Buffalo

Birthday:November 11, 1987

Ht.:5 ft. 10 inches

Wt.:197 pounds