Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 or 3 players locked in?

dodsworth

Ballard said 2 maybe 3 players are locked into a position and the rest is up for competition.

I figure it's Luck, Hilton and Doyle since he just signed a new contract.

Who else is safe with their roster spot in your opinion?

LUCK, Hilton, J.Doyle, Gore (at least at the beginning of the season he'll start) Kelly, Mewhort, A.C , Davis, J.Hankins. AV, Hennessy, and Locke.

That's 12 starters off the bat right there with potentially more depending on injury situations.

Langford, Anderson could start IF healthy...Green will start for Geathers if he's not back from his injury (yes i thought about hooker but the coach's might have him on the field in sub packages/passing downs AT FIRST, and ease him into the speed/ mental part of the nfl) and last but not least  Q. Wilson should start unless he highly disappoints in TC and Preseason

It's coach speak.  It's easy to come up with more than two or three that's locked in.

Luck

Hilton

Doyle

Kelly

Mewhort

Castonzo

Gore

Davis

Hankins

and AV 

are all locked in.  If they say they aren't they are kidding themselves or flat out lying. Just a reminder that you can't take everything the coaches say as gosspal truth.  

43 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It's coach speak.  It's easy to come up with more than two or three that's locked in.

Luck

Hilton

Doyle

Kelly

Mewhort

Castonzo

Gore

Davis

Hankins

and AV 

are all locked in.  If they say they aren't they are kidding themselves or flat out lying. Just a reminder that you can't take everything the coaches say as gosspal truth.  

Definitely coach speak, there are several guys who I'd consider locked in. Most are on offense though, defense is where all the question marks are.

6 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I thought he was talking specifically about the defense, but I may be wrong... If that were the case, then it would/should be a true statement.

Otherwise, yeah, just typical double speak that you get this time of year from all teams. 

That would make sense if he was speaking of the defense. A ton 

of players on offense appear to be locked in.

12 hours ago, Shepman said:

It is naive to say anyone is locked in unless it's gameday and they are healthy. 

Clearly they mean who they want to start if everyone is healthy.  Yes injuries will change that but that's not what they are talking about here.

On 5/31/2017 at 11:58 PM, dodsworth said:

Ballard said 2 maybe 3 players are locked into a position and the rest is up for competition.

Vontae Davis, he is the only other Sure thing we habe on the defensive side of the ball. I'll even go as far as to say Mewhort, Castonzo and Kelly also!

On 6/1/2017 at 0:44 AM, Luck 4 president said:

I would say on Defense Vontae and  Hooker are locked in. On offense I would say Luck, TY, Kelly, and Mewhort. Also Vinatieri isn't losing his spot. 

I would say Luck, TY, Kelly, Mewhort, AV, Vontae, Gore, and Hankins are all locks to be starters day 1. 

On 5/31/2017 at 11:58 PM, dodsworth said:

Where (or when) did he say this?