Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Here are career numbers for efficiency...http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html still no kobe and I realize that maybe that isn't the be all end all statistic to measure greatness but when the greats are all on this list and you add in NBA finals and championships and mvps etc to this list and it's hard for me to put Kobe above Lebron.

Karl Malone was more efficient than many and nobody says he's Top 10 ever on any list.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Here are career numbers for efficiency...http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html still no kobe and I realize that maybe that isn't the be all end all statistic to measure greatness but when the greats are all on this list and you add in NBA finals and championships and mvps etc to this list and it's hard for me to put Kobe above Lebron.

I'm with you my elite players stuff the stat sheet and piggy back their teams in the playoffs how many times did LBJ carry his garbage Cavs team to the playoffs or finals 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

PER is overrated IMO, of course LeBron is going to be more efficient as he is 6'9 250 pounds and plays inside more. I cant think of 1 SG that would be more efficient than him.

Yet MJ is ahead of him....and Dwayne Wade isn't far behind. Also Chris Paul is high on that list too so don't act like guards can't rank high on it. Kobe never turned down a shot even when it was ill advised. He was a great shot maker but not necessarily play maker for others and that's important to me.

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Karl Malone was more efficient than many and nobody says he's Top 10 ever on any list.

I also said it's a part of the measure. Jerry West isn't on that list yet I think he is a better player than Kobe Bryant...he is the logo after all. 

Career stats
27.0 PPG, 6.7 APG, 2.6 SPG, .474 FG%

A legendary performer in the postseason, West averaged 40.6 points per game in the 1965 playoffs (Jordan is the only other player in NBA history to average 40 points per game for an entire postseason) and remains the only player from a losing team to win Finals MVP. He was the definition of "clutch" before clutch was even a word even if I don't really care for that term. Heck I'd even take Iverson over Kobe and Wade is close. To me Wade is a close comparison to Kobe than Kobe is to MJ. I'm not here to hate on your love for Kobe or any other player...but man I don't see Kobe in the same all time great light that others do. Talk about being prisoner of the moment 2006! (See how easy that is to say)

I think Lebron Larry Magic comparisons are close and good ones each having their differences and advantages but all having such a great overall affect on the game and their teams...MJ is still in that air above them...but even though Kobe is my best SG in this latest era he is far from my alltime list.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So Kyrie and Love are garbage. 1 week ago they were called Superstars.

I think he is referring to the 2007 cavs and the Cavs two years ago that Love got hurt in the Celtic series and Kylie in the finals and Lebron was carrying them. Clearly they are loaded now...I don't want to hear excuses about this finals. GS is the better TEAM...but Lebron is still the best player on the floor...but yes he is still carrying that team...it wouldn't make the playoffs without him but that's because the players were all chosen to play off Lebron.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

That's actually a myth, aaron..

For the record.  Oakland is a relaltively small market, too

About a 1/2 million people...much smaller than Indianapolis

If you want to count Oakland and San Francisco as one place

(baseball and football don't)...,

San Antonio is actually larger than Oakland and San Francisco combined

...small markets are about to win for the 3rd year in a row

no thats not right

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

oakland is part of the bay and that area is huge

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

I'm of the mindset that if a superstar is on the team, he takes the final shot. I understand making the right pass and all of that. But when it comes down to it, I want my superstar taking the final shot

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2447467.amp.html

Read that list....even if someone wants to pick Kobe over Lebron in clutch or end of game killer instinct this should be good for thought. Funny how people want to beliece what they want....and ignore the facts but Lebron has the highest end of game rating of all time by a pretty big margin...well above Kobes. I'll never forget him torching that great Detroit team in 07 in the fourth quarter...the single most dominating meaningful game I've ever seen that I can remember...not to mention him killing Celtics in Boston a few years later. Yeah Lebron can't finish.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2447467.amp.html

Read that list....even if someone wants to pick Kobe over Lebron in clutch or end of game killer instinct this should be good for thought. Funny how people want to beliece what they want....and ignore the facts but Lebron has the highest end of game rating of all time by a pretty big margin...well above Kobes. I'll never forget him torching that great Detroit team in 07 in the fourth quarter...the single most dominating meaningful game I've ever seen that I can remember...not to mention him killing Celtics in Boston a few years later. Yeah Lebron can't finish.

Great bit of info in that link thanks! 

There is a reason they call the dude King James 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kobe did have 15 Rebounds in Game 7 vs Boston in 2010. When he wanted to he could Rebound and that was on the biggest stage possible. In the 2009 Finals, Kobe almost averaged a TDB for the series. I cant remember the numbers but he was way up there in Assists and Boards, it was over 7 for each I think and he was over 30 Points as well per game.

I was referring to career numbers.

Was Kobe ever on the all defensive team?

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Refs definitely did everything in their power to keep the Cavs in this one. Warriors as well. Good lord 14 turnovers in the 1st half. They're still fine though. Clean it up and Cavs will get blitzed to begin the 3rd quarter

I felt the blitz would come in the 4th this game.. but it's coming..  the d will intensify!

Those freakin black sleeved jerseys.. who wears alternate jerseys in the playoffs let alone the finals?! They found something in those last year

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Told ya, Curry almost looks like he is throwing the game with 6 dumb Turnovers. One play he caught the ball on, he just let it go out of bounds. 67-64 at Half GS and GS should be up by 10 at least. Cavs will win this game. Here comes more goofing Turnovers lmao 

Warriors blitz in the 4th.. win by 12.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes 9 times

Yep Kobe did play very good situational defense. I never saw him as a lock down defender but he played passing lanes well and was very active helping. I will give him that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yep Kobe did play very good situational defense. I never saw him as a lock down defender but he played passing lanes well and was very active helping. I will give him that.

Kobe wasn't a Great Defender but was a Good one. A lot of people overlook his Defense because he was such a Great Scorer. He Made 9 1st team all Defensive Teams though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

no thats not right

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

oakland is part of the bay and that area is huge

You can do that..if you want to but Oakland is not SF for purposes of pro sports teams

Oakland is Oakland.....

Oakland-SF-San Jose  is like saying NY-New Jersey...or including Milwaukee in the Chicago market