Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Merged Colts Camp discussions

coltsuser21

PLAY OF THE DAY

At opening practice Monday morning Reggie Wayne wasn’t afraid to shy away from getting the chance to work with Curtis Painter. “Don’t try to blow this up the wrong way talking to everybody,” Wayne said. “I’m kind of eager to get in there with Curtis. I’m a Curtis Painter fan. He has been taking some hard hits from the media, from spectators the last few years. But I’m a big fan of his and am kind of eager to go out there and get some reps with him.”

That connection came to fruition Wednesday night when the offense and defense took the field for their first 11 on 11. Painter found Wayne down the left sideline for a 35-yard gain with a perfect pass right over Wayne’s right shoulder and the defense of Justin Tryon. The drive was capped off when the duo hooked up again, this time for a 10-yard touchdown on a fade route over defensive back Terrence Johnson.

My link

Hidden

curtis will come into his own..give him time..this was not a 1 or 2 yr project..its long term

i hated how everybody went crazy about him losing that game for us..how do u think most rookies would do with 1 of the best D's of all time breathin down ur neck ready to chomp..then going to the blizzard to play the next game @ buffalo..it wasnt really fair to him how much criticism he took 4 all that but u know what hes still here and hes improving so good for him

Long Live CP7

curtis will come into his own..give him time..this was not a 1 or 2 yr project..its long term

i hated how everybody went crazy about him losing that game for us..how do u think most rookies would do with 1 of the best D's of all time breathin down ur neck ready to chomp..then going to the blizzard to play the next game @ buffalo..it wasnt really fair to him how much criticism he took 4 all that but u know what hes still here and hes improving so good for him

Long Live CP7

Agree here. His first serious game action for several months was against the top D in the league. That's like trying to play your first golf game against Tiger Woods and betting your paycheck that you'll win.

I really hope the kid shows us something this preseason with Manning out. Maybe he'll silence the critics... maybe he'll validate their claims. But this preseason is his shot to show us something.

Hidden

Long Live CP7

WOW,...a colts fan that actually defends our own players!That's a novel thought!But thank you for your words.I think CP will do just fine.He seems similiar to the magic man from GB many years ago(DM#7).

I'm glad Painter is making strides. I am looking at this another way though...That means Lacey is getting lit up by Painter!!! We need another corner to replace Hayden!

No dude, it was Tryon and some other nobody that was covering Wayne, not Lacey. Lacey is gonna do well this year, I'm telling you. I've said it like 30 different times in 30 different threads between this forum and the old one. Seriously, Lacey is gonna make some big plays for us. I'm not saying adding another cornerback is a bad idea, cause I'd be all for it, but Lacey isn't the chump everybody seems to think he is.

No dude, it was Tryon and some other nobody that was covering Wayne, not Lacey. Lacey is gonna do well this year, I'm telling you. I've said it like 30 different times in 30 different threads between this forum and the old one. Seriously, Lacey is gonna make some big plays for us. I'm not saying adding another cornerback is a bad idea, cause I'd be all for it, but Lacey isn't the chump everybody seems to think he is.

I think that If our front 7 would shut down the run and actually allow Lacey to play in the backfield he wouldn't get burned on play-action and nobody would be talking smack about him. With that said, I would still like the Colts to pursue Brent Grimes! :trophy:

Heckendorf looks very good in those drills. It will be interesting to watch him during the preseason games. Any North Dakato State fans out there that can fill us in on him? How are his hands, etc.?

Gonzo also looks very smooth with his footwork and in and out of his cuts.

And my word, Collie runs full speed, stops-->cuts and is at full speed almost instantly.

The former three-time Pro Bowl defender with the Chicago Bears watched practice, along with a dozen other veteran players who can’t practice until Friday at the earliest because of rules in the new collective bargaining agreement.

Defensive end Dwight Freeney did not participate in today’s practice after suffering what coach Jim Caldwell said was a leg cramp during Wednesday night’s practice in shoulder pads in front of 9,000 fans at Macholtz Stadium.

Freeney watched his teammates sweat it out this afternoon, which included he and fellow Pro Bowl pass rusher Robert Mathis discussing defensive techniques with an inquisitive Harris. The 28-year-old Harris said he is eager to play in the Colts’ one-gap defensive system, which requires defenders to shoot through the holes between offensive linemen to disrupt plays.

Oft-injured in the past, Harris said knee injuries weren’t the issue for a drop in production for the Bears last year, that it was more about a switch in the Chicago scheme

look at the second picture on the slideshow they all big

Hopefully, we will never have to see how he does in a situation that matters.

I too hope we don't have to find out but today at practice he was hitting Collie,Clark and Wayne really well. He is looking better than I've seen in a long time. It was a good practice that was only scheduled for an hour and they practiced for over 2 hours and had a scrimmage also. Good day at camp. :FBrolleyes: