Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is this years Andrew Billings/TJ Clemmings

McDowell is one that wouldnt surprise me to go top 15 and wouldnt surprise me to fall into the 3rd round.  One of those wildcards in the draft.

Maybe Humphrey?  I know he'll probably go in the top half of the 1st, but he just seems like one of those prospects that everyone rates highly just because everyone else does. Sometimes guys like that fall.   Plus there are a lot of CBs gaining some steam like King/Awuzie/Wilson.

Mixon and Williams are obvious choices.  Tabor as well.  But these are guys that are already expected to fall so I dont think they really count.

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Highly touted prospects projected as 1st rounders that fall to 3rd or 4th due to injuries or off the field issues.

I'll say Tim Williams falls to the top of the 3rd.

Maybe to the media these guys fell where they fell for a reason

Humphrey is on the lower end of a round 1 grade ( #20 out of 26 ) according the Chris Landry-

26. CB–MARLON HUMPHREY (rsSO)–ALABAMA
He maybe the most complete corner to come out of Alabama in the Saban era.
He’s as violent as I’ve ever seen a corner be. He comes up to smack people. It’s rare to see a corner of his caliber that seeks contact. I guess a little of that comes from his dad. … Looks the part. Track guy. He’s got to get some eye discipline. He likes to jam but his eyes will lose discipline. He’s super-talented. However, finding the football is an adventure for him.
He just doesn’t make plays on the ball. If he made plays on the ball he’d be the first corner off the board. He recorded a 40-yard dash time of 4.41 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine. Humphrey’s 4.41-second mark was tied for seventh best among defensive backs. His three-cone drill time of 6.75 seconds was good for eighth. He is at his best in press coverage, he is patient and flashes a quick two-hand jam. The son of former Tide star RB Bobby Humphrey, Marlon Humphrey started every game in his two-year Alabama career. He was outstanding from the start, earning a Freshman All-American nod in 2015. The speedy Humphrey (6-foot-1, 198 pounds) was a member of the Alabama track team as a freshman who ran a 4.48-second 40-yard dash in high school. Humphrey has the size and speed scouts to be effective on the outside as a zone corner but I question his ability to play the vertical ball. His lack of ideal fluidity leaves him vulnerable to smaller, quicker receivers, and benefited greatly from an elite pass rush.