Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict The Future

21isSuperman

I think it'll be interesting to see what some of you guys think will be the future of the NFL. Give me one or two lines as to what you think will happen in any aspect of the NFL. For example, you could say something like "Lions-Falcons becomes the next great rivalry". Give me anything you got.

Hm...I'll go with Matt Ryan wins a Super Bowl

NFC South has its first repeat winner in years and the next Brady-Manning rivalry is in the NFC when the Pack and Saints keep winning their division for a while - Rodgers vs Brees.

My problem with Rodgers vs. Brees is the age difference. It's like a 6 year age difference isn't it (34 and 28 I think)? At least with Eli/Rodgers it's closer.

How about Andrew Luck vs. Andy Dalton for the future?

I won't sleep on the Lions though either. They learned to win this year.

My problem with Rodgers vs. Brees is the age difference. It's like a 6 year age difference isn't it (34 and 28 I think)? At least with Eli/Rodgers it's closer.

How about Andrew Luck vs. Andy Dalton for the future?

I won't sleep on the Lions though either. They learned to win this year.

The two Andrews

You were close enough, Brees is 32 and Rodgers is 28.

We were both wrong. Brees turned 33 last month. Rodgers turned 28 in December.

I guess thats not that far apart. Eli turned 31 not long ago either. With Eli 31 and Aaron 28 thats doable to me.

I just like it when the QBs are a year or two apart in age like Peyton/Tom. *sigh*

We won't ever have a true Manning/Brady again unless Dalton/Luck rings true. :)

Hm...I'll go with Matt Ryan wins a Super Bowl

Matt Ryan has a remarkable similarity with Peyton with the way he runs his offense, even Polian said he reminded him of Peyton. Peyton lost his first 3 playoff games - 1999 (Titans), 2001 (Dolphins) and 2002 (Jets) and the Jets loss was a bagel for the offense, just like Matt Ryan's offensive bagel vs the Giants this year. Next step was AFCCG for Peyton where he lost to the Pats :(. Question is, will Matt Ryan make it to the NFCCG? AFC was the stronger conference when Peyton started hitting his stride. NFC is the stronger conference now, can Matt Ryan take that next step that Peyton took?

Matt Ryan has a remarkable similarity with Peyton with the way he runs his offense, even Polian said he reminded him of Peyton. Peyton lost his first 3 playoff games were losses in 1999 (Titans), 2001 (Dolphins) and 2002 (Jets) and the Jets loss was a bagel for the offense, just like Matt Ryan's offensive bagel vs the Giants this year. Next step was AFCCG for Peyton where he lost to the Pats :(. Question is, will Matt Ryan make it to the NFCCG? AFC was the stronger conference when Peyton started hitting his stride. NFC is the stronger conference now, can Matt Ryan take that next step that Peyton took?

I like Matt Ryan and hope he can. It's just gonna be tough too in that division.

I like Matt Ryan and hope he can. It's just gonna be tough too in that division.

That is what they said about our division with the Titans in it and they even forced Peyton to share the MVP with McNair. But at least we had an expansion team in it :).

That is what they said about our division with the Titans in it and they even forced Peyton to share the MVP with McNair. But at least we had an expansion team in it :).

Considering nobody seems to repeat as NFC South winners I won't pencil in the Saints just yet I think. And the SB host curse. Of course the Saints broke curses in 2009 but can lightening strike twice?

hmmmm........

The NFC is pretty competitive. A few good teams will be left out.

To me one of the biggest factors for next season in the NFC might be the Packers "defense." If they can get anything back to like 2010 level they will be tough to beat. If they are like last season's unit they will fall short again in the playoffs and perhaps even struggle to win the division if Rodgers can't carry them all year.

Eli Manning wins 2 more Super Bowls and builds a dynasty with the Gians who will eventuay become team of the decade.

Dolphins finally find a franchise QB

Houston wins their first Super Bowl

Andrew Luck wins 2 Super Bowls with Indianapolis

Mark Sanchez gets cut

Luck vs. Mallett keeps the Colts/Pats rivalry alive

Jaguars move to LA

Matt Ryan has a remarkable similarity with Peyton with the way he runs his offense, even Polian said he reminded him of Peyton. Peyton lost his first 3 playoff games - 1999 (Titans), 2001 (Dolphins) and 2002 (Jets) and the Jets loss was a bagel for the offense, just like Matt Ryan's offensive bagel vs the Giants this year. Next step was AFCCG for Peyton where he lost to the Pats :(. Question is, will Matt Ryan make it to the NFCCG? AFC was the stronger conference when Peyton started hitting his stride. NFC is the stronger conference now, can Matt Ryan take that next step that Peyton took?

I agree. Matt Ryan is like Peyton Manning Jr. There are lots of similarities between the two

As for young QB prospects, Ive loved Stafford for a while and was looking forward to a completely healthy season. Glad I got to see that this year. Matt Ryan a young Peyton? I don't see it. I never saw anything special about him as a QB and he strikes me as having limited arm strength.