Dustin

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

NOW you're talking!           

I guess I'll take 2 out of 4!         :thmup:

I'll be the tiebreaker. It's hard to deal with you sometimes, but you are one of, if not the smartest poster on here. Agree with a lot of what you say most of the time, and it's easy to see that you know your stuff. You treat people how they treat you and give them the benefit of the doubt most of the time. Just be careful when you make posts like the earlier one. :thmup: Oh yeah, I got your back!

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll be the tiebreaker. It's hard to deal with you sometimes, but you are one of, if not the smartest poster on here. Agree with a lot of what you say most of the time, and it's easy to see that you know your stuff. You treat people how they treat you and give them the benefit of the doubt most of the time. Just be careful when you make posts like the earlier one. :thmup: Oh yeah, I got your back!

Thanks, JC....       I sincerely appreciate the kind words.

Please believe me,  I don't like being the designated *.      I really don't.     I'm just willing to do it when I think it's necessary.

I probably wouldn't have gone off as I did if it were not for the one post that literally called Pagano a Cancer,  then boasted that he did so,  and then mocked those who took offense to it.     I confess that made me LOSE IT!     That was a post designed to enflame, and it did.    It was designed to get a reaction,  and it succeeded.

We can argue and debate how good or not good a coach Pagano is, or isn't.    I'm willing to that all day long.   But when the poster nailed Pagano like that,   I went a little crazy.     I was extremely disappointed that more people weren't bothered.     I'm sure some people were,  but they were too busy having fun with the news about Grigson. 

But the weekend has passed,  I'll cool off a bit and things will calm down some I'm sure....

One last thought....    I personally think Superman is the smartest poster here.    I think he's in a league of his own.      But while I blast the community in general from time to time,  there is a large body of really good posters,  really good people who I admire and learn from everyday.     I try to include a comment like that whenever I rip the community.     I probably don't do it every time,  but I mean to.    Sometimes it gets lost in the heat of the battle.  

I'm a big believer in there being better days ahead.     And I believe that to be the case for the Colts and this website.         So, here's hoping we're all happy with what the future brings.    

Thanks again.....     :colts:              :thmup:

Basically, at this point, I just wanted to see an honest effort to improve the team, and we got it. I don't know who will be the new GM, but it will be a change from Grigson, who drafted us 0 stars on defense, and only Luck and Hilton on offense. You can count Kelly too if you think he'll be elite, but we have to get elite starters in the 1st round, or at least 1 superstar type player in each draft. Our roster is devoid of those players, and it shows, so it was time to show him the door. Hopefully, in this defensive heavy draft, we get an influx of star power.

22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks, JC....       I sincerely appreciate the kind words.

Please believe me,  I don't like being the designated *.      I really don't.     I'm just willing to do it when I think it's necessary.

I probably wouldn't have gone off as I did if it were not for the one post that literally called Pagano a Cancer,  then boasted that he did so,  and then mocked those who took offense to it.     I confess that made me LOSE IT!     That was a post designed to enflame, and it did.    It was designed to get a reaction,  and it succeeded.

We can argue and debate how good or not good a coach Pagano is, or isn't.    I'm willing to that all day long.   But when the poster nailed Pagano like that,   I went a little crazy.     I was extremely disappointed that more people weren't bothered.     I'm sure some people were,  but they were too busy having fun with the news about Grigson. 

But the weekend has passed,  I'll cool off a bit and things will calm down some I'm sure....

One last thought....    I personally think Superman is the smartest poster here.    I think he's in a league of his own.      But while I blast the community in general from time to time,  there is a large body of really good posters,  really good people who I admire and learn from everyday.     I try to include a comment like that whenever I rip the community.     I probably don't do it every time,  but I mean to.    Sometimes it gets lost in the heat of the battle.  

I'm a big believer in there being better days ahead.     And I believe that to be the case for the Colts and this website.         So, here's hoping we're all happy with what the future brings.    

Thanks again.....     :colts:              :thmup:

I agree, I'm probably the least politically correct person on this forum, but you have to have  a little more couth with your words than calling Pagano a "cancer". I hate Pagano more than most here, but I know not to do that, just is in bad taste for someone to do so. A good number of posters here are either casual fans that go with the flow and don't have strong opinions because they are homers and trust the process, or they are rebellious types like me who fight the system (Colts front office, not the government :) lol), and want change and question every decision. What it comes down for me is effort. Whether we win or lose, I can handle it, I just want a genuine effort to improve and win the SB every season. Looks like Irsay is moving towards that, so I'm happy, even if it means keeping Pagano for now. Even Gruden probably wouldn't get us to the SB next year with the team the way it is and only 1 draft to improve it.

11 hours ago, Jason_S said:

Condescending and pompous are a matter of opinion, but he's hardly ignorant or uninformed.

Its sheeple like you that spread that notion. Cut past the rhetoric, and NewColtsFan is one of the most uninforned and ignorant people on this site. 

1 minute ago, Bubbz said:

Its sheeple like you that spread that notion. Cut past the rhetoric, and NewColtsFan is one of the most uninforned and ignorant people on this site. 

I'm as far from a sheeple as anyone you will ever meet.

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree, I'm probably the least politically correct person on this forum, but you have to have  a little more couth with your words than calling Pagano a "cancer". I hate Pagano more than most here, but I know not to do that, just is in bad taste for someone to do so. A good number of posters here are either casual fans that go with the flow and don't have strong opinions because they are homers and trust the process, or they are rebellious types like me who fight the system (Colts front office, not the government :) lol), and want change and question every decision. What it comes down for me is effort. Whether we win or lose, I can handle it, I just want a genuine effort to improve and win the SB every season. Looks like Irsay is moving towards that, so I'm happy, even if it means keeping Pagano for now. Even Gruden probably wouldn't get us to the SB next year with the team the way it is and only 1 draft to improve it.

Are we really still talking about the cancer comment... It's really not as big of deal as some are making it... Many are being way too sensitive. Do you cover your ears in locker rooms to make sure you don't hear any locker room talk that hurts your delicate sensibilities as well? 

1 hour ago, esmort said:

Are we really still talking about the cancer comment... It's really not as big of deal as some are making it... Many are being way too sensitive. Do you cover your ears in locker rooms to make sure you don't hear any locker room talk that hurts your delicate sensibilities as well? 

No, but I knock people's teeth out and give them a concussion when they talk crap.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No, but I knock people's teeth out and give them a concussion when they talk crap.

So you are going to fight someone over an off color joke that isn't directed at you? Sounds like you are a man not to be trifled with. :sarcasm:

Just now, esmort said:

So you are going to fight someone over an off color joke that isn't directed at you? Sounds like you are a man not to be trifled with. :sarcasm:

You quoted me, who else could it be directed at? Also, it was pointless to say. At best, it's a bad joke, at worst, you p!ss me off when you quote me saying it.

13 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm really glad Grigson is gone. I seriously haven't stopped smiling. It has made my 2017 and it's just January. I do think Pagano should have been gone as well but Grigson was the bigger problem imo. That doesn't exclude Chuck from blame though. His teams still get out to slow starts, lack execution and don't play four quarters in most games. Not to mention he's just not a great situational coach either

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You quoted me, who else could it be directed at? Also, it was pointless to say. At best, it's a bad joke, at worst, you p!ss me off when you quote me saying it.

I quoted you talking about people still making a big deal over the cancer comment... The point I was making is the original cancer comment was not directed at you, just like I was comparing to jokes in the locker room which may be off color, but also would not be directed at you.  If those type of things get you (and several others here) that upset perhaps you need to develop a thicker skin and quit being so overly sensitive. No need to get all "Internet tough guy" about it. 

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I'm really glad Grigson is gone. I seriously haven't stopped smiling. It has made my 2017 and it's just January. I do think Pagano should have been gone as well but Grigson was the bigger problem imo. That doesn't exclude Chuck from blame though. His teams still get out to slow starts, lack execution and don't play four quarters in most games. Not to mention he's just not a great situational coach either

Yeah, Pagano sucks. It's unfortunate that he is staying, but hopefully the new GM does well. Just don't want it to be Jimmy Raye. He's buddy-buddy with Pagano, and won't get rid of him, that's why Pagano endorses him.

1 minute ago, esmort said:

I quoted you talking about people still making a big deal over the cancer comment... The point I was making is the original cancer comment was not directed at you, just like I was comparing to jokes in the locker room which may be off color, but also would not be directed at you.  If those type of things get you (and several others here) that upset perhaps you need to develop a thicker skin and quit being so overly sensitive. No need to get all "Internet tough guy" about it. 

This is the first time anyone has ever called me sensitive in my life. You should know by my posts on here that I have no problem insulting anyone and everyone when they deserve it. People tell me to calm down and seek help when I go on a rant, I'm hardly one of the sensitive ones on this site, I hate Pagano's guts and have never been afraid to say it.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, Pagano sucks. It's unfortunate that he is staying, but hopefully the new GM does well. Just don't want it to be Jimmy Raye. He's buddy-buddy with Pagano, and won't get rid of him, that's why Pagano endorses him.

Correct. And I don't really want Jimmy Raye either. I want Irsay to hire a guy with experience at the position. This is a crucial hire and it can't be another miss

The Colts are the laughing stick of the NFL after revealing the two  had to sit down with a psychiatrist like two little boys misbehaving in 6th grade. Imagine being in their positions having to go to a shrink because their insane boss says so. The owner is such a disgrace in view of the Pats (a real team) victory yesterday. Now Irsay will mimic the Jets trying to do it all in one year. Look at the facts: 1. he told Grison and Pags they had four more years after psychoanalysis then fires Grigs after one year. 2.Two seasons losing to the Texans with no QB. 3.Luck gets a record breaking wad of cash and Grigs says "we can't have a good OL after paying Luck" and Irsay does nothing to address such a stupid comment. 4. How long will Pagano last if he loses four of four in the 2017 season? Fire him then and do what wait until 2018? 5. Luck's shoulder-why surgery this year when it was in question last year?   

This is the first time anyone has ever called me sensitive in my life. You should know by my posts on here that I have no problem insulting anyone and everyone when they deserve it. People tell me to calm down and seek help when I go on a rant, I'm hardly one of the sensitive ones on this site, I hate Pagano's guts and have never been afraid to say it.

I absolutely can't stand Pagano. Yeah I'm not overly sensitive either. A person like that is just not fun to be around. And some people do get too easily offended on this site

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

I absolutely can't stand Pagano. Yeah I'm not overly sensitive either. A person like that is just not fun to be around. And some people do get too easily offended on this site

It doesn't bother me at all, Pagano needs to go. I'll never insult him with the "cancer" comment, but I will say he's probably still here because he's beat cancer and Irsay doesn't want to fire him because he's a feel good story. I still think he goes next year, but he was chosen over Grigson because of pity, pure and simple. It'll just buy him another year.

It probably should have been directed at NCF specifically since he seemed the most offended by it, but you were the last one to reference the comment and say people shouldn't be saying it so I replied to the last referencing post, but it was directed at everyone who kept bringing it up and making a big deal of an off color joke. Too many people on here are too worried that something may be a little off color or non-pc....like the cancer joke, saying they hope Grigson doesn't get a job, the Pat tweet, etc... People getting upset over this stuff is ridiculous... This is already one of the most PG forums I have been to. 

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It doesn't bother me at all, Pagano needs to go. I'll never insult him with the "cancer" comment, but I will say he's probably still here because he's beat cancer and Irsay doesn't want to fire him because he's a feel good story. I still think he goes next year, but he was chosen over Grigson because of pity, pure and simple. It'll just buy him another year.

Yeah I think Jim really wants Chuck to succeed. But he also really wanted Ryan to succeed as well. Getting rid of Grigson obviously shows that Irsay is not afraid to cut bait when he knows something isn't right. The "cancer" comment has been discussed multiple times and I do think it isn't  the best thing to say about a coach or a player. However, a lot of people like to use that phrase, especially when talking about a certain player on any given team

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Yeah I think Jim really wants Chuck to succeed. But he also really wanted Ryan to succeed as well. Getting rid of Grigson obviously shows that Irsay is not afraid to cut bait when he knows something isn't right. The "cancer" comment has been discussed multiple times and I do think it isn't  the best thing to say about a coach or a player. However, a lot of people like to use that phrase, especially when talking about a certain player on any given team

I'm not offended by the word, I just don't use it on Pagano because of the circumstances he had, and it seems to trigger a lot of people. I've probably used it on Grigson before. I just don't want to get into a fight with a lot of people and I understand if saying that about Pagano bugs them.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm not offended by the word, I just don't use it on Pagano because of the circumstances he had, and it seems to trigger a lot of people. I've probably used it on Grigson before. I just don't want to get into a fight with a lot of people and I understand if saying that about Pagano bugs them.

I can definitely see it triggering people because Chuck actually had cancer. I think the word is more commonly used to describe any given player on a certain team. I've heard that numerous times

On 1/21/2017 at 9:47 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I think this franchise deserves a better fan base.     I've been away for some of the day and have gone through most of the thread.      Some of the most embarrassing posts in the nearly 5 years I've been here.

The amount of posters who simply don't know how a football team is run.     Embarrassing.

One poster,  who is normally a pretty bright guy,  called Chuck Pagano.....    a Cancer.

And then defended it.       And then mocked people who were bothered by it.

If I were a moderator,  I'd throw him off the site.

Jim Irsay gives fans here a chance to speak their mind.    He gives you a forum to say most anything you want.   And some of you literally spit insult after insult at hm.    He's not obligated to have this section of the website.   He doesn't have to have a fan message board section.     He could close it down anytime he wanted.      Many of the NFL websites do not have a message board section for their fans.

But he lets you speak your minds.    And people here say the most ridiculous, insulting things about him, his family,   his franchise........     and he puts up with it.       I'm not sure I would if I were the owner.

I think many of you are completely unworthy of this team.     You haven't earned it.     You haven't been through bad times.     You don't know what bad times are here.    Not a clue.     

I think this franchise deserves better fans....................

There's a nice group of some seriously smart people.   They are a pleasure to read.    But unfortunately,  there's a bigger group of people who don't know football and don't seem interested in learning more about football.      They wrote nonsense when I showed up in 2012,  and now, nearly 5 years later,  they're still posting nonsense.    Nothing has changed and they ruin things for everyone else.

And Irsay, the man so many of you spit on,  puts up with it.     Why,  I'll never know.....?

Man, that jerk should be banned from this site!  What a *!

54 minutes ago, esmort said:

there's a difference between a joke being "off color" and being in "really poor taste".  It's also possible to point out that a joke was in poor taste  without actually being personally offended by it.  I've made some incredibly off color and/or inappropriate jokes, but I also agree that the pagano cancer comment was in poor taste even though it did not offend me in the slightest.

I do agree that in many ways society has become too PC and overly sensitive, but I don't believe that's the case here.  Just my opinion though.

Good Lord...

Pat Mcaffee makes some posts about Karma and the thread discussing his tweets spirals into a discussion of class and poor reflection on the franchise. However, a joke in poor taste about someones potentially fatal battle with cancer, ensues into a discussion about an overly PC culture!?!?!?

Sometimes I don't recognize what planet this is....

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Now I don't know you personally but it just seems to me that you physically assaulting someone for talking % or saying something you don't like would make you a pretty sensitive individual.  

Keep in mind I grew up in a not so nice city in a not so nice country (especially back then) and even I recognize when violence is uncalled for despite harsh words being spoken.  

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Now I don't know you personally but it just seems to me that you physically assaulting someone for talking % or saying something you don't like would make you a pretty sensitive individual.  

Keep in mind I grew up in a not so nice city in a not so nice country (especially back then) and even I recognize when violence is uncalled for despite harsh words being spoken.  

I'm not sensitive at all, that just comes from bipolar and getting antagonized. Calling Pagano cancer is just bad taste since he's actually had it. I've called plenty of people and players "cancers" even on this forum. You have to have couth with your words though.