Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Remember When The Colts Had Dion Lewis in 2014?

GusBus24

This is such a stretch. Dion Lewis suffered a pretty significant injury before the Colts signed him. They cut him after a week, so he must not have been impressive; he probably wasn't fully healthy. Three months later, the Pats signed him to a futures contract, and then the following season, after not playing for two years, a full year after the Colts had him for a brief period, he played well for the Pats.

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

This is such a stretch. Dion Lewis suffered a pretty significant injury before the Colts signed him. They cut him after a week, so he must not have been impressive; he probably wasn't fully healthy. Three months later, the Pats signed him to a futures contract, and then the following season, after not playing for two years, a full year after the Colts had him for a brief period, he played well for the Pats.

Quit confusing facts with another feel good story.

14 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah but....we could have had him! /s

I just feel that, if we, the fan base, had shown him more appreciation for that week he was here, it would have put enough pressure on the FO to keep him until he performed better.

What a waste.

BTW, is there a way to 'ignore' an entire thread like this?

I mean, so I don't even have to see it appear on my list?

There's been a few I'd like to use it on lately.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How much is Dion Lewis being Good has to do with playing with the Patriots though? On another team he may just be Average.

Jerry Hughes, Tim Jennings, and Justin Forsett probably agree with you.  Or disagree.   I forgot the topic.  

Logic, folks.

Get some in your lives.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How much is Dion Lewis being Good has to do with playing with the Patriots though? On another team he may just be Average.

Based on the eye test, I'd say Lewis' talents are not a product of the Patriots system. He's got exceptional change of direction ability. First time I ever saw him play, I thought "wow - I've never heard of that guy but he is gonna be good!" Great as a receiving option out of the backfield. What I would say is that the Patriots system does maximize his talents. They do that with many of their players.

1 minute ago, Track Guy said:

Based on the eye test, I'd say Lewis' talents are not a product of the Patriots system. He's got exceptional change of direction ability. First time I ever saw him play, I thought "wow - I've never heard of that guy but he is gonna be good!" Great as a receiving option out of the backfield. What I would say is that the Patriots system does maximize his talents. They do that with many of their players.

Yeah I was just wondering because a lot of players seem to look good when they play for BB.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I totally agree.  I’m starting to get some not so good vibes from him on his toughness. It’s easy to say that coming from a fan I know this, but to be a nfl star Qb you have to basically have a superhuman pain threshold and psychotic drive to succeed.  Some of the body language after hits he’s taken has sort of made me question if he’s got it in him. Either he’s the most unlucky player ever and just getting hit in weird places or his toughness / injury levels aren’t where it needs to be for him to last and be a star. I hope I’m wrong and I will always support him as long as he’s a colt but I totally agree with all that you posted. 
    • The offense barely hanged on. Now apply to a full game where the defense isn’t adjusting from one QB to another and I don’t think it’ll be as effective as people think.
    • Athletically he’s sooo talented but he’s also so raw. The thing that concerns me and I could be totally wrong here but I am starting to question his toughness and durability I know it’s stupid to question a nfl football quarterbacks toughness  and I will go on record and say he’s super tough compared to the avg person but being a nfl player you gotta be basically made of steel and have a high pain threshold and I sometimes wonder if him being so much better athletically and bigger than most players he’s faced in highschool and college has hindered his pain threshold tolerance from building up.     I don’t know, like I said I could be wrong and I hope I am, It just seems like he gets hurt or dinged up on the most simple plays. Some say the plays he’s been hurt on are freak occurances but they are starting to add up. Either he’s the most unlucky guy ever or something is going on with his durability and pain threshold.    It just seems like when he gets hit hard he really shows that he’s hurt and comes out where guys like Peyton, Brady or Favre would hide their pain and keep playing for better or for worse and play until their arm fell off.   I’m not the one taking the hits so it’s easy for me to sit and question him and I’m aware of that but I just don’t know if he has the durability to be a long time nfl starter. 
    • Flacco does not give us a better chance of winning. This offense is very limited. 
    • I am a big AR proponent, I cannot stress that enough.  I think he has all of the talent in the world.  But I am not a fan at all of his last few comments to the media.   First about his "it's football, do I need to slide?  Not really.  If I get hurt I get hurt" comment.  I thought that was horrible.   I can see why SS benched him after those 2 plays.  He thought about himself.  Not the team.    After what happened last year and now this year, it may have been the dumbest comment I have ever heard from a pro athlete.    But this new one?  Is even dumber.    To compare yourself to the average fan is just stupid.  He gets paid $millions to play a sport.  A kids sport.  But a sport that brings in $billions in cash for the league, for sponsors, for gambling, and most importantly love from fans who make that all possible.    To say that you can just get hurt playing a sport in such a laissez faire  way, as if no one depends on you to stay healthy?    He seems to me to be the epitome of an athlete who is fine collecting his paycheck no matter if he plays or not.  And seeing how much he has 'been hurt' the past year and 4 games?  On hits that overall do not seem all that terrible?   It only makes be believe it more.  He needs to stop flopping like a fish when he gets an ouchie and just letting the ball go loose like it is a slippery banana.    He needs to shut up and play.   I was totally on board with him being our QB for the next 10 years until the comments this week.  Now all I think is he is a weak weak man just looking to get paid. A true warrior/athlete would not say what he did. 
  • Members

• KB

KB 1,213

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,948

• coltsva

coltsva 2,477

• Douzer

Douzer 639

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 18,067

• Pigskin