Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Remember When The Colts Had Dion Lewis in 2014?

GusBus24

This is such a stretch. Dion Lewis suffered a pretty significant injury before the Colts signed him. They cut him after a week, so he must not have been impressive; he probably wasn't fully healthy. Three months later, the Pats signed him to a futures contract, and then the following season, after not playing for two years, a full year after the Colts had him for a brief period, he played well for the Pats.

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

This is such a stretch. Dion Lewis suffered a pretty significant injury before the Colts signed him. They cut him after a week, so he must not have been impressive; he probably wasn't fully healthy. Three months later, the Pats signed him to a futures contract, and then the following season, after not playing for two years, a full year after the Colts had him for a brief period, he played well for the Pats.

Quit confusing facts with another feel good story.

14 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah but....we could have had him! /s

I just feel that, if we, the fan base, had shown him more appreciation for that week he was here, it would have put enough pressure on the FO to keep him until he performed better.

What a waste.

BTW, is there a way to 'ignore' an entire thread like this?

I mean, so I don't even have to see it appear on my list?

There's been a few I'd like to use it on lately.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How much is Dion Lewis being Good has to do with playing with the Patriots though? On another team he may just be Average.

Jerry Hughes, Tim Jennings, and Justin Forsett probably agree with you.  Or disagree.   I forgot the topic.  

Logic, folks.

Get some in your lives.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How much is Dion Lewis being Good has to do with playing with the Patriots though? On another team he may just be Average.

Based on the eye test, I'd say Lewis' talents are not a product of the Patriots system. He's got exceptional change of direction ability. First time I ever saw him play, I thought "wow - I've never heard of that guy but he is gonna be good!" Great as a receiving option out of the backfield. What I would say is that the Patriots system does maximize his talents. They do that with many of their players.

1 minute ago, Track Guy said:

Based on the eye test, I'd say Lewis' talents are not a product of the Patriots system. He's got exceptional change of direction ability. First time I ever saw him play, I thought "wow - I've never heard of that guy but he is gonna be good!" Great as a receiving option out of the backfield. What I would say is that the Patriots system does maximize his talents. They do that with many of their players.

Yeah I was just wondering because a lot of players seem to look good when they play for BB.