Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dorsett

AKB

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always felt Dorsett was picked as a reactionary move to the Colts/Patriots playoff game where the Pats stifled Hilton and Moncrief. It was like "okay, you double team Hilton and put your shut down corner on Moncrief, but how are you going to cover us when we have a 3rd guy who can fly too?" 

21 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I've always felt Dorsett was picked as a reactionary move to the Colts/Patriots playoff game where the Pats stifled Hilton and Moncrief. It was like "okay, you double team Hilton and put your shut down corner on Moncrief, but how are you going to cover us when we have a 3rd guy who can fly too?" 

That's where good schemes come into play. Another takeaway from that game was the 45 points scored on us easily. 

8 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

No, it was all but fact he was coming back. Like someone else said a page back, stop looking for excuses. 

No excuses from me pal. Just think it is ignorant to ignore facts just to support a flawed argument. But if you knew Hilton was definitely coming back before his agent, I would love to run around with you. You are one smart son of a gun.....

For the record, I had no problem with the pick then. Now, it looks like a poor choice. Hey ho, the lottery that is the draft strikes again. And Grigson is the only GM is history to get it wrong. Sucks.

20 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

You mean like the ability to run crisp routes and get separation?

I didn't know 100% of WR coming out of college run routes like a pro?

Am I missing something?

I get that he is a first round pick, but I think he deserves a little time considering he is always 3rd or 4th in Luck's progression, sometimes even 5th when the RB is used as a check down.

21 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I didn't know 100% of WR coming out of college run routes like a pro?

Am I missing something?

I get that he is a first round pick, but I think he deserves a little time considering he is always 3rd or 4th in Luck's progression, sometimes even 5th when the RB is used as a check down.

If he made more plays when they did call his number, perhaps he'd have more passes thrown his way

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

No excuses from me pal. Just think it is ignorant to ignore facts just to support a flawed argument. But if you knew Hilton was definitely coming back before his agent, I would love to run around with you. You are one smart son of a gun.....

For the record, I had no problem with the pick then. Now, it looks like a poor choice. Hey ho, the lottery that is the draft strikes again. And Grigson is the only GM is history to get it wrong. Sucks.

Not even arguing with you. If you think ty was gonna leave, good for you. 

12 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Not even arguing with you. If you think ty was gonna leave, good for you. 

What ever I thought, or whatever you thought was going to happen was nowhere near the vicinity of being a fact. Why do you need to sound as if you knew exactly what was going to happen? Are some kind of X-Man or something?

24 minutes ago, colt18 said:

We should have taken Landon Collins. It was a bad pick then and it's a terrible pick now.

yea, when you're short (dorsett 5"10"), you have to have all-pro qualities in many areas.....speed is only one component, routes, separation, hands, instincts, just an overall multi-tool player w/smarts.  This year will be big for him, this is the tell-all year imo.  in addition, he must stay healthy.......easier said than done on this injury plagued team. 

3 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

yea, when you're short (dorsett 5"10"), you have to have all-pro qualities in many areas.....speed is only one component, routes, separation, hands, instincts, just an overall multi-tool player w/smarts.  This year will be big for him, this is the tell-all year imo.  in addition, he must stay healthy.......easier said than done on this injury plagued team. 

Don't get me wrong, I love his speed and he did make a few nice plays in the beginning of the season. It just made no sense to draft him in the 1st round with so many other needs. WRs usually take around 3 years to develop but I'm more so worried about how we are developing him. He should be used like Tyreek Hill, not sure if the staff realizes this.

The narrative that Dorsett has Tyreek Hill's abilities is comical. They may have similar builds, but their abilities and playing styles are vastly different. Tyreek Hill is a far more dynamic player. The Colts cannot use Dorsett like Tyreek Hill because he cannot do what Tyreek Hill can do.

If all it takes is body style and speed, then let's find a fast guy that's 5'8' and... (using Madden voice) Here you have a guy that's like Barry Sanders. Forget vision, ability, agility and all of that stuff that makes a player unique....let's just use generalizations and put everyone in categories.