Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let us be honest.

AKB

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Dear God,  make it stop!       Please, make it stop!!

It's year 5 and now I've seen EVERYTHING.  

Too much depth?!?       TOO MUCH DEPTH?!?

Whatever the magic words are to make it stop,  please stop.....

He's essentially saying these guys are good backups or rotational players, but that's all they should be. He wants better talent, which is what most of us are saying.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 12to13 said:

No we need an athletic ILB, a DB, a pass rusher and an offensive linemen. After that get skill players.

I'm with you on everything but the OL. We already have a lot of clay to mold. Good and Clark are going to improve.

I really agree with you on the athletic ILB. Both DQJ and Morrison are one trick ponies. Big thumpers who are liabilities in pass coverage. I'm like Deion Sanders...why choose? I want both! Every team in the league knows they can shred the Colts D with TEs and RBs catching and running across the middle. Let's put that to rest.

5 minutes ago, Solon said:

He's essentially saying these guys are good backups or rotational players, but that's all they should be. He wants better talent, which is what most of us are saying.

Everyone wants better talent.     My mother died 26 years old and she still wants better talent.

Anyone can make an argument for better talent.     But there's no need ever for stating that we have too much depth.       Because not only do the Colts not have too much depth,  but NO TEAM IN THE NFL HAS TOO MUCH DEPTH!   

Why?        BECAUSE IN THE NFL THERE'S NO SUCH THNG AS TOO MUCH DEPTH.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Everyone wants better talent.     My mother died 26 years old and she still wants better talent.

Anyone can make an argument for better talent.     But there's no need ever for stating that we have too much depth.       Because not only do the Colts not have too much depth,  but NO TEAM IN THE NFL HAS TOO MUCH DEPTH!   

I think he worded it wrong. Probably made sense to him when he typed it.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

He didn't mean that. He meant that the starters are depth quality players, and the backups are lower quality depth players. We have very few actual starters that should be starters on the team.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding Andrew, he is going to have a few games where he throws a pick or 2, he is trying to make things happen. He isn't perfect. I thought this season he cut way down on the INT's. When you give up 33 points, not much you can do. Overall Andrew had a Good season, it wasn't Very Good or Great but it was much better than Average. Unfortunately as a whole, our team is Average because our Defense cant stop any of the Elite teams from scoring. Carr was shredding us. Just like Matt Stafford did on opening day. We are an 8-8 team until we fix the Defense, just like last season.

Yep.

anyone recall the 6 int day that peyton manning had? I do, I also recall multiple 3-5 int games. Yes, luck cost us this game I feel but on the year, I think he's playing smarter and better than before. I don't think he's regressed, just think he's trying to play differently and that's what's affected him more than anything else

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Firstly, this Oakland game has been no surprise, it has only highlighted yet again why the colts are a .500 team. When it comes to facing an opponent with an obvious advantage on either the offensive or defensive line we will not win.

Without consistency on the offensive line, injuries or not, we will not ever be consistent running the ball. And if there is no consistency running the ball it makes our offense too predictable. We also love to force players onto the field for some reason, regardless of their production. (Dwayne Allen, Josh Ferguson, Joe Reitz). This team does not have a very competitive nature in and of itself. This makes sense, considering we are on of the most depth deprived teams in the entire league. However, the offense is not far off. If we draft a RB early, Clark solidifies RT, and we find a RG our offense will be set. 

On the defensive side I will admit that we have been injured frequently. The defense also has the same problem as the Offense. A lack of depth. Period. Our defensive line has been the most obvious unit, and to my surprise. Many thought this would be a strength of our defense; when in fact they have let us down consistently. We struggle with speedy backs because we have no athleticism on the defensive line, and outside of Pound Cake we have no speed at ILB or OLB, We again force players onto the field who do not deserve to be on the field. A lot of this has to do with not having any players to put out there (Grigson), but regardless of anything there is no reason Mathis should have gotten nearly as many snaps as he has gotten; your credentials mean nothing if you cannot play today. We can talk all day about who else we should put there, and there will be those who blame the depth behind mathis. However, regardless of if this lies on grigson or not, the coaching staff repeatedly put someone on the field who was not performing. I won't harp too much on the defensive backs because we don't have any. We have a waiver wire corner playing #2 and an udfa playing slot.

In short, Offensive and Defensive lines win games.

We need to invest in our lines, and a rb, and a real #2 cb.

i concur

57 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I don't see a mention of the awful QB play

Poor QB play? Andrew has not been flawless but his numbers are comparable to all 3 QBs who made the pro bowl from the AFC. In fact, he has almost the exact numbers as Big Ben, Dak, and Carr 

Okay, so what? 

And he is doing it with the 2nd worse OLine in the league. Whilst Ben, Dak, & Carr are doing it with some of the best lines in football.

Not to mention Moncrief only scores when the defense forget's he's even on the field because all he can do is run fades in the end zone. And our first round pick last year can only run in a straight line, and even struggles doing that. And did we somehow magically forget that Luck is the most physically punished QB in the league since his arrival?

He's not perfect by any means, but how could you possibly say he has been bad when he arguably is playing some of his best football in his entire career. Please respond within the realm of actuality or your "statements" will lose all merit to me.

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

Poor QB play? Andrew has not been flawless but his numbers are comparable to all 3 QBs who made the pro bowl from the AFC. In fact, he has almost the exact numbers as Big Ben, Dak, and Carr 

Okay, so what? 

And he is doing it with the 2nd worse OLine in the league. Whilst Ben, Dak, & Carr are doing it with some of the best lines in football.

Not to mention Moncrief only scores when the defense forget's he's even on the field because all he can do is run fades in the end zone. And our first round pick last year can only run in a straight line, and even struggles doing that. And did we somehow magically forget that Luck is the most physically punished QB in the league since his arrival?

He's not perfect by any means, but how could you possibly say he has been bad when he arguably is playing some of his best football in his entire career. Please respond within the realm of actuality or your "statements" will lose all merit to me.

People expect him to be Peyton and he's not. Andrew is damn Good but Peyton is arguably the GOAT. Hard to top him. We need to fix our Defense, that is my main worry.

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

Manning did more with less than probably any QB in history. 

Very true. Manning was a once in a lifetime player. Someone who changed how the game was played. No one else like him. Sad to say we will probably never witness someone like that again... 

I don't want Andrew to be forced into trying to be like him. That's guaranteed failure. How about we get a defense that can handle when the QB makes mistakes? That way the margin of error is bigger and Luck can go out there and sling it. Is that so much to ask?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People expect him to be Peyton and he's not. Andrew is damn Good but Peyton is arguably the GOAT. Hard to top him. We need to fix our Defense, that is my main worry.

Peyton also had 20 years to establish that he was great. Look what Andrew has done in his first 1/4 of that.

Yep, he has outdone Peyton in almost every aspect of QB play.

So move along.

26 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

I'm with you on everything but the OL. We already have a lot of clay to mold. Good and Clark are going to improve.

I really agree with you on the athletic ILB. Both DQJ and Morrison are one trick ponies. Big thumpers who are liabilities in pass coverage. I'm like Deion Sanders...why choose? I want both! Every team in the league knows they can shred the Colts D with TEs and RBs catching and running across the middle. Let's put that to rest.

We don't know if either can be consistent starters. I'd rather take another OL before another WR.

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

Peyton also had 20 years to establish that he was great. Look what Andrew has done in his first 1/4 of that.

Yep, he has outdone Peyton in almost every aspect of QB play.

So move along.

I am agreeing with you. Andrew has been better through 5 seasons but he until he starts playing like Peyton did when Peyton was in his prime people wont be happy. Our Defense is the problem not Andrew.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am agreeing with you. Andrew has been better through 5 seasons but he until he starts playing like Peyton did when Peyton was in his prime people wont be happy. Our Defense is the problem not Andrew.

They expect him to be flawless.

Davis has had a down year, but it is because the defense is playing poorly as a whole. 

I guess QB's are always blamed regardless of how much of it falls on their shoulders. Cost's to be the boss I suppose.

(Or to be paid like the boss I suppose...)

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Very true. Manning was a once in a lifetime player. Someone who changed how the game was played. No one else like him. Sad to say we will probably never witness someone like that again... 

I don't want Andrew to be forced into trying to be like him. That's guaranteed failure. How about we get a defense that can handle when the QB makes mistakes? That way the margin of error is bigger and Luck can go out there and sling it. Is that so much to ask?

The 2012 team was more talented than the current team.  That says a lot about this current regime. I fear that Luck has peaked already because he has been beaten up so much. This team needs upgrades in every position group. It's going to take years to build this team the correct way. 

1 minute ago, FACE REALITY said:

Harrison brought stability and toughness to the OL when the coaches finally wised up and started him at guard.

This is interesting, I was thinking the same thing. Now does he play RG come next season? I kind of like the idea of that, him and Clark seem like a good duo (don't ask me why, just a hunch). Or do they keep him at LG, and move Mewhort to RG to help the developing Clark through his growing pains next season?

Interesting 

7 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

The 2012 team was more talented than the current team.  That says a lot about this current regime. I fear that Luck has peaked already because he has been beaten up so much. This team needs upgrades in every position group. It's going to take years to build this team the correct way. 

We had one of the best Pass Rushers in the league in 2012, Mathis was in his prime. That makes a huge difference by itself. If we build a legit Defense, Luck can make a mistake here and there and we can still win games.

10 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Davis has had a down year, but it is because the defense is playing poorly as a whole. 

I guess QB's are always blamed regardless of how much of it falls on their shoulders. Cost's to be the boss I suppose.

I don't expect him to be flawless. I expect him to stop being stupid. He puts us in horrible positions a good amount of times. This fan base is the biggest excuse makers around. Ppl never want to fault Luck for his screw ups. It's always the OL, WR, or the Coordinators. I'm not one of those blind followers. I don't expect him to be Peyton. Peyton has his flaws too. Like being a Major choker in the playoffs. It's okay to call out Luck. He's not above criticism and I'm sure he wouldn't cry about it like some of the crybabies on this board 

13 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

He's not expected to be flawless but rather he has to be flawless in order for this flawed team to be successful. 

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's definitely being pushed in that direction unfortunately through no fault of his own. Totally my opinion, but I think he's pressing to score every possession which causes some boneheaded plays along with the organization stressing to him he shouldn't run to often and get himself hurt.

He hasn't run much at all this year it seems, I could be wrong, compared to his first few years.

Sadly he's definitely covering up for bad coaching, scheming and bad players around him.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I don't expect him to be flawless. I expect him to stop being stupid. He puts us in horrible positions a good amount of times. This fan base is the biggest excuse makers around. Ppl never want to fault Luck for his screw ups. It's always the OL, WR, or the Coordinators. I'm not one of those blind followers. I don't expect him to be Peyton. Peyton has his flaws too. Like being a Major choker in the playoffs. It's okay to call out Luck. He's not above criticism and I'm sure he wouldn't cry about it like some of the crybabies on this board 

I'll definitely call out dumb play, but he really has no room for error.

This team won't win if he's off even a little the majority of times.

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

I'll definitely call out dumb play, but he really has no room for error.

This team won't win if he's off even a little the majority of times.

I agree that the deck is stacked against him but he has a habit of putting himself and the team in bad spots, even when the line and defense are playing well.

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

I agree that the deck is stacked against him but he has a habit of putting himself and the team in bad spots, even when the line and defense are playing well.

Totally true man. That TY pick was dreadful.

Someone in the game thread mentioned it was very Eli Manning like...That was a perfect description.

It just sucks honestly that he can't have an ugly game like a guy like Ozweiler (sp?) had many times this year and have is win.

If he ended his season like Oz did with 14td and 16 picks we'd be 4-12 guaranteed,yet hou managed a winning record with that bum.

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

Someone in the game thread mentioned it was very Eli Manning like...That was a perfect description.

It just sucks honestly that he can't have an ugly game like a guy like Ozweiler (sp?) had many times this year and have is win.

If he ended his season like Oz did with 14td and 16 picks we'd be 4-12 guaranteed,yet hou managed a winning record with that bum.

If Andrew had those stats we would be the Browns. Hey Browns did win today wooohooo!

8 minutes ago, IinD said:

It does suck. We are wasting his prime years. He deserves better than this coach and GM

10 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

It does suck. We are wasting his prime years. He deserves better than this coach and GM

That's why I'm on the clean house bandwagon. I wish they were the right guys, but losing teams usually have no QB so you kind of can't blame them.

We have the most important piece and still stuck to put it bluntly. Something is definitely wrong here.

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

It's also kind of imperative to not be burdened with a coach that goes for a fake field goal in a must win, scoreless game.

Until that problem solves itself the rest is all kind of a moot point.

2 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Let us be honest...

This season stunk.

Amen 1959Colts.  This is becoming a trend.  

John.  Pagano is becoming the butt fumble of coaching calls.

I feel like people are trying to absolve Luck of any blame for our current predicament but he needs to take his fair share. 

It's not a witch hunt by any means but I certainly think his decision making is regressing and where I used to have faith in him getting the job done whenever he had the ball in his hands I'm now no longer surprised by a crucial 3 and out or bone headed interception.

He needs to somehow get back on an upward curve otherwise hid days of being considered a top tier quarterback will be numbered, if they're not already.