Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let us be honest.

AKB

We are just a .500 team in the worst division in the AFC, nothing more, nothing less. I am a fan of the Colts, always have, always will but I will not come to LOS and spend my money supporting an ignorant owner that has lost touch with the fans. I am sick to my stomach from the GM to the head coach to the jokers that suit up each week and disgrace the horseshoe with their lack of effort, we all know who they are....and if the horseshoe fits...wear it.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree we are no better than a .500 team at best with the player the GM has brought in.  That said, if the team played with passion like Pittsburgh or Baltimore played with tonight we could be better.  This team has no passion and it all comes from the terrible coaching we have.  Hopefully next week will be the last for Grigson and Pagano.  

19 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

at least we can get a chuckle out of this.  worth the watch for some much needed levity.

lol havent see this parody in awhile, this version was hilarious, "my fuhrer, you said you admired del rios aggression"  reminds me of how sports fans are haha..thanks for sharing

On 12/24/2016 at 6:26 PM, AustinnKaine said:

Firstly, this Oakland game has been no surprise, it has only highlighted yet again why the colts are a .500 team. When it comes to facing an opponent with an obvious advantage on either the offensive or defensive line we will not win.

Without consistency on the offensive line, injuries or not, we will not ever be consistent running the ball. And if there is no consistency running the ball it makes our offense too predictable. We also love to force players onto the field for some reason, regardless of their production. (Dwayne Allen, Josh Ferguson, Joe Reitz). This team does not have a very competitive nature in and of itself. This makes sense, considering we are on of the most depth deprived teams in the entire league. However, the offense is not far off. If we draft a RB early, Clark solidifies RT, and we find a RG our offense will be set. 

On the defensive side I will admit that we have been injured frequently. The defense also has the same problem as the Offense. A lack of depth. Period. Our defensive line has been the most obvious unit, and to my surprise. Many thought this would be a strength of our defense; when in fact they have let us down consistently. We struggle with speedy backs because we have no athleticism on the defensive line, and outside of Pound Cake we have no speed at ILB or OLB, We again force players onto the field who do not deserve to be on the field. A lot of this has to do with not having any players to put out there (Grigson), but regardless of anything there is no reason Mathis should have gotten nearly as many snaps as he has gotten; your credentials mean nothing if you cannot play today. We can talk all day about who else we should put there, and there will be those who blame the depth behind mathis. However, regardless of if this lies on grigson or not, the coaching staff repeatedly put someone on the field who was not performing. I won't harp too much on the defensive backs because we don't have any. We have a waiver wire corner playing #2 and an udfa playing slot.

In short, Offensive and Defensive lines win games.

We need to invest in our lines, and a rb, and a real #2 cb.

Yeah, We need a pass rusher in the first round if there's an awesome one available to us. But we don't need to be picking to one just for the sake of picking one ala Bjorn Werner. That would be another wasted first round pick. Does anyone know if there will be any good ones available 12 to 17 pick possibly?

7 hours ago, AlanNC said:

I totally agree we are no better than a .500 team at best with the player the GM has brought in.  That said, if the team played with passion like Pittsburgh or Baltimore played with tonight we could be better.  This team has no passion and it all comes from the terrible coaching we have.  Hopefully next week will be the last for Grigson and Pagano.  

Yes, I will pray for that. 

1 hour ago, achcolts said:

yup, disappointing season big time.  im happy TY reacted that way to the challenge because it was a stupid challenge

Yeah, I've been preaching this for two years. He just doesn't know what he's doing. He should never be a head coach for that matter any coach at all he stinks at it. But haven said that Irsay will probably have him back. 

10 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

I also expect a couple big FA signing this year, including extending Doyle. Doyle is turning into something special. I don't care what anyone says, the man can play.

There's no way around signing some big free agents.  We are going to have to overspend. 

6 hours ago, deedub75 said:

There's no way around signing some big free agents.  We are going to have to overspend. 

It seems they will have significant dollars, especially after they likely jettison some guys on the current roster as well and with the increase in the cap.  The questions are, who is out there that can help?  And if this current regime is still in place, do you trust them to spend wisely?