Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Morrison

twfish

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Back to ILB talk. Is there anyway we could find a Kwon Alexander or a Jatavis Brown in the 4th or 5th round????? That would be huge. We need to find a couple gems in the 4th, 5th, or 6th rounds of this draft.

The funny thing is we worked out and spent some time with Jatavis Brown pre-draft.   I liked all the video I saw of him, he was a tackling machine.  Didn't pick him up though.

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Chandler Jones is a double digit sack machine. I don't care what he or his brothers have done lol. I want my freak EDGE rusher LOL. But no LOL. I mean yeah I want him, no I don't think we'll get him. I think if we're smart we'll go all in on Nick Perry or Melvin Ingram. But if Jones is available I think we'd be crazy to not go after him. Even if it meant having to keep Arthur.

lol I feel you bro those brothers just seem to have substance issues even their mma brother but he is great

How much of his "slowness" is because he's still learning and playing tentative as opposed to playing on instinct that could come with experience?  

Because if we're talking about a physical limitation, then explain how he can look fast and athletic on certain plays (including pass coverage).  Try and rematch the vikes game and just watch him on every play.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

They say the biggest jump in performance comes in year two.  He's flashed enough to give me some hope.   

16 hours ago, krunk said:

The funny thing is we worked out and spent some time with Jatavis Brown pre-draft.   I liked all the video I saw of him, he was a tackling machine.  Didn't pick him up though.

I liked him too. The kid is balling out in SD. He hasn't even been starting all year, maybe the last 8 games if that??? But anyways, he's got 62 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FF's, 1 FR, 6 PD's, and 3 stuffs. Looks to be an all around player.

4 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I liked him too. The kid is balling out in SD. He hasn't even been starting all year, maybe the last 8 games if that??? But anyways, he's got 62 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FF's, 1 FR, 6 PD's, and 3 stuffs. Looks to be an all around player.

I have to say not picking up Casey Heyward was a mistake too.  He's balled out this year for San Diego.  Robinson has been mostly a dud.

On 12/21/2016 at 8:21 AM, krunk said:

As long as Grigs and Pags get me at least 2 very solid pass rushers out of this off season draft and FA periods, talent added to secondary, add aditional D line talent, II can deal with having E. Jack and Morrison as the starters. You can't solve every problem in one off season. Its clear they like to cover with safeties. Green and Geathers can do that. Personally I really like Edwin Jackson. They may turn around and do opposite of what I'm saying, but by this time we should know Chuck and Ryan by now.

Which means they'll stick with the young guys they have at ILB but sign a mediocre "transition" guy like they did with Lowery at safety. Then they'll probably draft a pass rusher round 1 and then gamble with the 2nd or 3rd round pick with a guy that no one was talking about but they'll convince you of how high his upside is. Then they'll pass on a very obvious no brained pick for a head scratcher. They'll also probably fail once again to draft a young franchise RB. If I know Grigson and Pagano, that's almost exactly how the draft will go.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

I have to say not picking up Casey Heyward was a mistake too.  He's balled out this year for San Diego.  Robinson has been mostly a dud.

Yeah I wanted Hayward. He's absolutely balling out. I was shocked he didn't get a bigger contract and was available for so many days after the NLY began. Man if Grigson had done what he's supposed to be best at as far as FA is concerned (finding gems, ascending players, players who hadn't quite met their full potential, but we thought could, etc) We'd be set right now. I mean he cant even make his own philosophy work. If we had signed Nick Perry, Casey Hayward, Zach Brown, and Morris Claiborne we'd be a pretty solid defense right now. Perry would give us another double digit sack EDGE rusher, Brown is a very under rated ILB, and Vontae, Hayward, Claiborne, and Butler would have been stout !!!

But now. Those guys have made names for themselves and would cost a lot of money. Perry, Brown, and Claiborne are all FA's after this season. Perry will get a monster contract and I really hope its from us. I think he's just starting to tap into his potential, and I believe he could be a 10-15 sack OLB for us the next 4 years. He, Jones, or Ingram one need to be priority 1 in the offseason.

15 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah I wanted Hayward. He's absolutely balling out. I was shocked he didn't get a bigger contract and was available for so many days after the NLY began. Man if Grigson had done what he's supposed to be best at as far as FA is concerned (finding gems, ascending players, players who hadn't quite met their full potential, but we thought could, etc) We'd be set right now. I mean he cant even make his own philosophy work. If we had signed Nick Perry, Casey Hayward, Zach Brown, and Morris Claiborne we'd be a pretty solid defense right now. Perry would give us another double digit sack EDGE rusher, Brown is a very under rated ILB, and Vontae, Hayward, Claiborne, and Butler would have been stout !!!

But now. Those guys have made names for themselves and would cost a lot of money. Perry, Brown, and Claiborne are all FA's after this season. Perry will get a monster contract and I really hope its from us. I think he's just starting to tap into his potential, and I believe he could be a 10-15 sack OLB for us the next 4 years. He, Jones, or Ingram one need to be priority 1 in the offseason.

Ingram makes sense.  Hopefully the dollars to get him will too.

On 12/21/2016 at 8:08 AM, theanarchist said:

This was my take as well. He looks pretty rough in my opinion. Edwin Jackson looks like a keeper.

I think Edwin Jackson is definitely a long time starter for this team. Morrison is going to take some time, but at worst he's a long term backup. He's faster than people are making him out to be, and every team needs some thumpers on the inside. I'm not unhappy at all with him, given his lack of experience. 

That said, this team needs a big time infusion of talent at the LB position, beginning with pass rush. They won't find all of what they need in the draft; a key FA pickup together with a top draft pick is absolutely priority number one. And a 3 down ILB to play next to Jackson. What a difference that would make. 

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:42 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Yup. Nothing wrong with being a young DQ, as we will need a DQ type once hes gone. As long as he isn't covering anyone, I think he'll be ok. I also like how he hits, he brings it every time.

Edit: I disagree with everyone calling him slow. No, hes not super fast, but hes ran sideline to sideline to tackle people before. He ain't fast, but slow? Eh, I disagree. Hes not Pound Cake fast, but hes not DQ slow either.

When you lack experience and your even the most slightest hesitant...you are going to look slow in the NFL. I'm not saying he will make it or not but when we are talking hundreths of seconds from being fast and not in the NFL...that hesitation is huge. I have more issues with his fluidity in turning and covering etc than just foot speed. Honestly I'm all for drafting or signing 4 LBs this offseason. We need an influx of talent in coverage LB and rush and to replace DQ. Its just a fact.  The rest of the draft needs to continue to focus on OL/DL.

2 hours ago, Aces101 said:

Nice game today by Morrison.  He had several TFL and laid the lumber quite a few times.

The team also got gashed up the middle for a number of long runs including long TD runs.     So, Morrison continues to learn on the job.

He can make some good plays,  but he can also leave plays on the field.....