2015 draft in review

1. A guy who should not be on the team

2. A Guy whos not on the team

3. Ow my knees.

4. Ow my head

5. David Parry

6. A guy whos not on the team

7. A guy whos not on the team

8. The guy we threw at right tackle/guard because the guy(s) we originally put there are basically dead.

I don't know why I found that really funny

14 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

tbh, I didn't even understand it when I first found it, and I was LOOKING for something clever haha 

But yeah. Please Dorsett, now is the time. I want him to do really well with the Colts. He's got all the tools, he's just gotta make it happen. I would not be opposed to the idea of force feeding him the ball, at least a little bit to get his confidence back and hopefully have him revved for next season. Hey, it's not like the Colts got anything to lose at this point.

Just mix in some screens, slants and short routes to go along with those go routes, please Chud?

It's cool. I'm just slow in the symbolism comprehension department tonight. My fault; not yours NB. It's all good now. 

I know Phillip works hard & maybe I am expecting too much from Dorsett too quick based on his high draft status that he had virtually no control over. I will own that. 

If they needed Dorsett, why wasn't he a bigger part of the gameplans earlier in the season rather than just a decoy or guy to stretch the field and create openings for TY???  I understand everyone trusts TY because he's a proven player.  Unfortunately we've relied on him too much and our offense has become limited. Chud is good for designing plays to get TY open. Should have been giving Dorsett some of those routes earlier in the season.  Building up his confidence and Luck's trust in him.  Then by now we'd truly know whether the kid has what it takes or not...  The goal should have been to have two TY type receivers out there with a Crief to be our red zone tough catch maker along with Doyle...  Chud is a joke.  It is indeed time. Time for Chuck, Chud, & Grigs (maybe) to hit the road. Get some coaches in here that can teach, motivate, and put players in the best possible positions to exceed. 

5 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

In the post-draft press conference, he said something like "again, we went with the highest player on our board" when talking about Holmes.  I can only assume they did the same thing with Werner, especially since he's so adamantly BPA. 

Precisely. That's why I think this idea by some here that Werner was the one time he reached for need is ridiculous. He's always drafted the same way. 

The truth is that he isnt that great of a talent evaluator. He had Werner graded higher than Rhodes, Ogletree, and Bell. He had Dorsett graded higher than Landon Collins, Erik Kendricks, and Eddie Goldman.

I think 2016 might be the only time his 1st rounder was graded correctly. I'd still take Kelly over anyone they selected after him In round 1.

19 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

T.Y. Hilton will probably be matched up with the CB we should've taken when he fell directly in our laps (Xavier Rhodes) so this will definitely be the game if any other one wasn't for Dorsett to finally make an impact. Especially with Moncrief nursing a hamstring injury 

More updates to come soon........ stay tuned 

LOL, we needed Dorsett last week. He didn't play well. As usual

20 hours ago, jet1968 said:

After a couple of seasons if he hasnt stepped up yet then more then likely he wont.

Plenty of late bloomers in the NFL, give him time.

I don't really like the whole "1st round pick, he has to produce immediately"

Players don't control when they're drafted. Like us taking Jerry Hughes when we already had Freeney & Mathis at least for another 2 years. Should've never been drafted that high. He would've been there in the 4th due to playing in the MWC and at TCU

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Girgson probably did go BPA when he picker Werner instead of Xavier Rhodes (who I was 100% certain they'd pick and didn't). Grigsy just had the wrong grades on the wrong players. 

There's Grigson Sense, and there's common sense

When you watched Florida State, Rhodes jumped off the screen..... not Werner. I didn't even know he was on the team!!

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Second time Chud has had to put it out there publicly that we need Dorsett. When is the kid going to answer the Bell?

Dorsett has been good at having defensive holding penalties against him about 50 yards down field. Seems to happen about once a game. lol I suppose that helps, kinda.

Wish we could see stand out on the field and put together 4-5 catches at least.

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Dorsett has been good at having defensive holding penalties against him about 50 yards down field. Seems to happen about once a game. lol I suppose that helps, kinda.

Wish we could see stand out on the field and put together 4-5 catches at least.

I'm pretty sure it's only happened like  2-3 times this year.  Let's not exaggerate lol 

A receiver with Dorsett's speed could make all the difference to this offense. If the offensive line can hold long enough to get him down field and if he can catch the ball when you throw it to him. Making the defensive backs worry about getting beat would help the O-line and the run game as well as the other receivers.

18 hours ago, Dark_Indy said:

2015 draft in review

1. A guy who should not be on the team

2. A Guy whos not on the team

3. Ow my knees.

4. Ow my head

5. David Parry

6. A guy whos not on the team

7. A guy whos not on the team

8. The guy we threw at right tackle/guard because the guy(s) we originally put there are basically dead.

By my count, from those two drafts, you've had one player, Kelly, who has stayed healthy and contributed at a solid, steady level.  Not great, solid.  Haeg and Good have played, but are replaceable JAGs at best.  Not sure how one pick in 15 remaining healthy and contributing at an average level = two above average drafts.