Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you think we could get from the Eagles for Dorsett?

Dustin

Just now, SilentHill said:

Would you have drafted him in the first round? He's a younger version, Avery is even an inch taller, Dorsett did run a 0.02 faster 40 time though.

I think Dorsett has the potential to be better than Avery and has better hands. I never knew that Avery was taken in the 2nd till I looked it up just now. Wow.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Hindsight?   Well had we known in 2000 we could have drafted Tom Brady to back up Peyton Manning in the 5th round and he would have been our starter over the last 5 years.  :hat:

Actually hindsight would be saying we could have gotten Kendricks in the 1st and Stefon Diggs in the 4th or 5th. Because most didn't expect Diggs to come out and ball out from day 1 on. Kendricks was regarded as a pretty high end prospect coming out.

19 hours ago, BOTT said:

Dorsett may become a good receiver, but unfortunately, the colts don't really need him.

Of course we don't need him, we are loaded with great receivers.

We have T.Y. and Moncreif. And we have......T.Y. and Moncreif........and we have T.Y. and Moncreif........ did I mention we have T.Y. ???

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Of course we don't need him, we are loaded with great receivers.

We have T.Y. and Moncreif. And we have......T.Y. and Moncreif........and we have T.Y. and Moncreif........ did I mention we have T.Y. ???

Super Bowls aren't won by being loaded at receiver.  Luck really struggled without his #2& 3 receivers and #1 tight end....

18 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Super Bowls aren't won by being loaded at receiver.  Luck really struggled without his #2& 3 receivers and #1 tight end....

Can't tell colts fans that tho they think teams are supposed to have a high powered offense and a garbage D. Been that way how many years now? but let's keep Grigson lol 

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

We don't have a #1 TE, so whoever is the backup  there isn't much drop off. 

Having 3 good receivers is not being loaded, especially considering we are a passing only team(No D, Not much running game) in a passing league. Not to mention the injury aspect of the game.

Ok

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Can't tell colts fans that tho they think teams are supposed to have a high powered offense and a garbage D. Been that way how many years now? but let's keep Grigson lol 

But what does keeping or trading Dorsett have to do with us having a garbage defense? If we trade Dorsett for a 5th rd. pick will that pick turn our defense around to agood unit?

15 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

But what does keeping or trading Dorsett have to do with us having a garbage defense? If we trade Dorsett for a 5th rd. pick will that pick turn our defense around to agood unit?

It has to do with everyone around here overvaluing skill positions. If we didn't take said skill players so damn high we could have a hell of a lot better D.

15 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I guess this is what they mean when they talk about "experience" (ok getting old).

A long time ago, the Colts draft a WR in the first round and at the time many people thought the Colts should have drafted someone else because they had bigger "needs" then a WR.  (And even those that thought the Colts should pick a WR were not happy that they choose this particular receiver).

Then he had a very quiet rookie season while some receivers drafter after him were lighting things up.  Even when he became a starter because of injuries he was still having a quiet rookie season.  The the start of his second season, he again was not a starter and didn't do much when he got on the field and many fans were blasting Polian for wasting a draft pick on a luxury pick... a guy who was not needed, fans talked about trading him to a team that needed WR help hoping the Colts could swing a deal to get as high as a 3rd rounder but most feeling is value was not worth it (I actually think someone said something about trading him for a BigMac (not a McChicken but that "joke" is as old and tired as a Sumner Redstone).

Basically after his first 17 games he had 34 catches for 450 yards and 1 TD.  Fans knew he was a bust and just wanted to get rid of him as fast as possible.

But Reggie Wayne eventually proved the fans wrong and ended up being a pretty good WR for the Colts.

After his first 17 games Dorsett has 31 catches for 478 yards and 2 TDs.

I think you are reading my mind.  I made a very similar post in another thread.  So obviously I agree, yes he's been disappointing so far but definitely too early to be giving up.  I learned my lesson with Wayne.

8 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Actually hindsight would be saying we could have gotten Kendricks in the 1st and Stefon Diggs in the 4th or 5th. Because most didn't expect Diggs to come out and ball out from day 1 on. Kendricks was regarded as a pretty high end prospect coming out.

Some of it is picking the right player, and some of it is just dumb luck (see Brady, Tom).  Sometimes you pick that one player who plays better than his potential, or plays better in the pros than he did in college.  Not often, but sometimes.  And that one guy can make you look like a genius (see Belichik, Bill).

Someone posted earlier that our other receivers have outperformed Dorsett. I checked the box scores and that is not true. In fact, Dorsett's numbers have been similar to Rogers' the last few games they both played. He was also our best receiver week 1. And to be fair, Dorsett was dealing with a sprained ankle in the Jax game. I personally don't think he's getting enough targets. Luck missed him for an easy touchdown on a quick slant in the Bears game. Also missed him for a deep touchdown on our very first play in the Texans game. The thing that I've noticed that Dorsett has to learn though is how to use his hands to create separation. All of the greats do it. TY has gotten very good at it.. Once he learns that, his speed and get off will make him impossible to cover. He and Rogers both are great at getting off the line. I like them both. I'm expecting Dorsett to flourish in our new quick rhythm passing game. Praying to God we stick with it.