Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you think we could get from the Eagles for Dorsett?

Dustin

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

A McChicken.

Is that Super-sized with large fries & a large beverage or just the sandwich by itself? Son of a...I kid; I kid. 

Dorsett does have speed, but we wouldn't get anything for him right now in our wildest dreams. 

9 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Fletcher Cox

I know Christmas is approaching, but the question was about fair trade bait partners. Not sweepstakes territory. LOL! Hades, throw in Joe Thomas for being both naughty & nice while we're at it. 

I like your sarcasm though RTP. Well played. 

He wouldn't be worth trading IMO because I don't think anyone would give up anything worth while for him and he could be a very good receiver down the road.  Dorsett has 253 yards with limited targets in 6 games with a ridiculous 19.5 ypc.  I am worried about his injuries though, he's missed a nice chunk of time in his first two seasons which hinders his development.  The dude just needs to stay healthy and be utilized more effectively.  He has potential to get a lot of yards after catch but it seems like they chuck it to him deep often.  I thought he would have around 600-700 yards not factoring in injuries. 

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

The Eagles are looking for WR help. Obviously we wouldn't get out 1st rounder back for him, but maybe a 3rd rounder? He still has 3.5 years on his contract.

Two things...

1) I can't imagine the Eagles would look at Dorsett and see much worth giving up a day 2 pick for.

2) I still think he has value to Indy and will be a key factor for the foreseeable future even if we have not seen it to this point

31 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

I'd take a third rounder for him any day, but there's no way the Eagles would go for that.  With Crief out, this was his time to step up and shine, but he hasn't.  

We're not getting a third rounder for him. Some players catch on a little later than others. It had only been 5 1/2 games into his second season. I know we expect a lot from a first rounder but we have to give it some time. It's not like he can't play he has made some big time catches for us this year and last.

I'm with most here, Dorsett still has too much potential but has been hurt too much to REALLY know what we have yet.  Again, said it before, gonna reiterate here........Reggie Wayne was the same way this point in his career, although a little healthier.  Let's give Dorsett more time and see what he can do when he gets healthy.  Having Moncrief back will help him as well.

8 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I'm with most here, Dorsett still has too much potential but has been hurt too much to REALLY know what we have yet.  Again, said it before, gonna reiterate here........Reggie Wayne was the same way this point in his career, although a little healthier.  Let's give Dorsett more time and see what he can do when he gets healthy.  Having Moncrief back will help him as well.

I agree. He is a #1 pick and to trade him before we see what he can do would be to premature. He is on a rookie contract so he is not expensive. We already have paid for not having depth and he might be worth taking the time to find out.

1 minute ago, zibby43 said:

Yeah, let's get rid of Dorsett like a few here wanted to get rid of Hilton before this season.

Sometimes, a guy needs some time to develop.  It isn't like Dorsett hasn't made big plays already.  Patience sucks, but sometimes it pays off.

33 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I agree. He is a #1 pick and to trade him before we see what he can do would be to premature. He is on a rookie contract so he is not expensive. We already have paid for not having depth and he might be worth taking the time to find out.

40 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Does anyone here know how to have fun with a hypotetical... like at all?

9 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

BASICALLY 3 WASTED 1ST RND PICKS FROM GRIGSON.  Amazing 

1st) I wouldn't call Dorsett a wasted pick as he's shown some of what he's capable of on the field already, and he's going to continue to get better. He has an Antonio Brown type ceiling IMO. Maybe not on that same level as Brown, but he can be a similar receiver. Again...The kid can be a top tier receiver.

2) We've definitely wasted those other 2 picks, and even though I believe Dorsett will be a star, we still could've had.....

2015 Eric Kendricks

2014 Bradley Roby

2013 Xavier Rhodes

10 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Dorsett may become a good receiver, but unfortunately, the colts don't really need him.

With THIS defense, they need all the points they can muster.  As we have seen, even a 14 point lead with a few minutes remaining isn't safe.

I don't think we'd get much at all.....     this is one of those where we bought high (1st round) and now we'd be selling low....

I doubt we'd get more than a 5....   and probably not that.

Kyle Van Noy,  who went at the top of the 2nd round was just traded to the Patriots...

New England gave up a 6 to get Van Noy AND a 7 back in return.

Selling low is never a good idea.......     we have to hold and hope Dorsett figures it out.....

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

We're not getting a third rounder for him. Some players catch on a little later than others. It had only been 5 1/2 games into his second season. I know we expect a lot from a first rounder but we have to give it some time. It's not like he can't play he has made some big time catches for us this year and last.

I know we aren't getting a third rounder.  I was mentioning what someone said above.  Some of you are way too patient for a first round pick.  I won't make this into a Grigson complaint thread since we already have one of those, but man, we could've used that pick elsewhere.  

1 hour ago, YourNextGM said:

BASICALLY 3 WASTED 1ST RND PICKS FROM GRIGSON.  Amazing 

You have no clue that Dorsett is a waste. I don't think you have the ability to see into the future no matter what comments you make.

Your non stop effort to derail a thread is getting old and tiresome.

57 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

1st) I wouldn't call Dorsett a wasted pick as he's shown some of what he's capable of on the field already, and he's going to continue to get better. He has an Antonio Brown type ceiling IMO. Maybe not on that same level as Brown, but he can be a similar receiver. Again...The kid can be a top tier receiver.

2) We've definitely wasted those other 2 picks, and even though I believe Dorsett will be a star, we still could've had.....

2015 Eric Kendricks

2014 Bradley Roby

2013 Xavier Rhodes

As it stands now, he is a wasted pick.  Sugar coat it all you want about him having an Antonio Brown type ceiling.  I hope you're right, that he does "continue to get better" because 250 yards (or whatever it is) through 7 games is not good.  Doesn't matter that he averages over 19 ypc if he isn't catching the dang ball.  What in his first 1 1/2 seasons makes you think he will be a top tier receiver?  He had the PERFECF opportunity to shine with Moncrief out, and he hasn't done it.  He is still putting up just as paltry numbers as before.    

2 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

As it stands now, he is a wasted pick.  Sugar coat it all you want about him having an Antonio Brown type ceiling.  I hope you're right, that he does "continue to get better" because 250 yards (or whatever it is) through 7 games is not good.  Doesn't matter that he averages over 19 ypc if he isn't catching the dang ball.  What in his first 1 1/2 seasons makes you think he will be a top tier receiver?  He had the PERFECF opportunity to shine with Moncrief out, and he hasn't done it.  He is still putting up just as paltry numbers as before.    

Fair enough.  I'm just glad we didn't give up on Wayne at this point in his career.  He hasn't done much better.  And the pick is the pick, just like it was back in 2001 and we were all crying about how much of a waste it was, myself included.  It's worth investing more time in though because, as you have pointed out, he hasn't done much thus far which means they won't get anything for him.

For anyone comparing Dorsett to Antonio Brown - AB was a pro bowler his 2nd year.  The only similarity between them is that they are both very fast, and speed alone does not make a great receiver.  Grigs fell for the whole "speed is everything" nonsense that so many scouts fall for.  There are plenty of speedsters, WR and otherwise, that are out of jobs right now.

6 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

For anyone comparing Dorsett to Antonio Brown - AB was a pro bowler his 2nd year.  The only similarity between them is that they are both very fast, and speed alone does not make a great receiver.  Grigs fell for the whole "speed is everything" nonsense that so many scouts fall for.  There are plenty of speedsters, WR and otherwise, that are out of jobs right now.

I would agree with this.  In no way should he be compared to AB IMHO.  I'm just hoping he's the next Wayne.

47 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't think we'd get much at all.....     this is one of those where we bought high (1st round) and now we'd be selling low....

I doubt we'd get more than a 5....   and probably not that.

Kyle Van Noy,  who went at the top of the 2nd round was just traded to the Patriots...

New England gave up a 6 to get Van Noy AND a 7 back in return.

Selling low is never a good idea.......     we have to hold and hope Dorsett figures it out.....

Too many are either not seeing or refusing to see that Dorsett is still basically a rookie.

He was injured on a freak play and lost all that learning time.

He has good talent and has shown that at times.