Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore: 'I didn't come here for this'

lollygagger8

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Frank isn't useless with actual run blocking. he could be a great addition to a Playoff team. we are not gonna ask for a 2nd or 3rd pick for him but I'm sure some one would gI've up a 5 or 6th. Don't matter cause our stupid FO still thinks we can win lmao so they won't trade anyone.

Which contending team needs RBs?  Minny?  Seattle is fine with Michael, Pittsburgh has Bell, New England has Blount and White, Atlanta has Freeman, etc.

If we were offered even a conditional 7th for him we should jump all over it before the other GM comes to his senses.

We can suck at running the ball without Frank Gore.  I don't blame him for the running game being inept, but we aren't going anywhere and our next GM will need all the picks he/she can get.

2 hours ago, achcolts said:

What worn RB tires? Can't think of 1 game where this was shown. In fact, since being here, I've seen a RB that has shown no signs of age, and has been making the most of every carry he gets behind the OL. You can easily look at stats and make that claim, but a totally different story when watching him. 

Also, agreed on the negative impact this has as you mention. But it's somewhat good that he spoke out in frustration and hopefully does so in the locker room too. 

Is Frank productive? Sure. Are we lucky to have him? Sure. I just meant that we need to start grooming if not his replacement at the position then giving both Turbin & Ferguson more reps just in case Gore God forbid goes down. There is a danger in riding a workhorse back too much just like Dallas did in DeMarco Murray not that long ago. 

Look, I get it. Frank is available, reliable, & the man moves the chains, but if Frank tears say his ACL we're in big trouble. I just wanna see better rotation & fresh legs at the RB spot. 

I think everybody knows INDY & her fanbase are frustrated. It's not like what Gore said was profound or earth shattering & besides we saw Frank's will to win in San Fran so nothing really needed to be said. Is it detrimental to the team? No, we all know what time it is & there's only 1 way to go now: Up. 

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Is Frank productive? Sure. Are we lucky to have him? Sure. I just meant that we need to start grooming if not his replacement at the position then giving both Turbin & Ferguson more reps just in case Gore God forbid goes down. There is a danger in riding a workhorse back too much just like Dallas did in DeMarco Murray not that long ago. 

Look, I get Frank is available, reliable, & the man moves the chains, but if Frank tears say his ACL we're in big trouble. I just wanna see better rotation & fresh legs at the RB spot. 

I think everybody knows INDY & her fanbase are frustrated. It's not like what Gore said was profound or earth shattering & besides we say Frank's will to win in San Fran so nothing really needed to be said. Is it detrimental to the team? No, we all know what time it is & there's only 1 way to go now: Up. 

Thankd for explaining, i definitely agree. I am if the opinion that turbin and todman are capable of carrying the load, I wish they were rotated in more. If frank goes down in injury, I don't think we would be in as much trouble as it seems

1 minute ago, achcolts said:

Thankd for explaining, i definitely agree. I am if the opinion that turbin and todman are capable of carrying the load, I wish they were rotated in more. If frank goes down in injury, I don't think we would be in as much trouble as it seems

No problem. Well said achc. I understand the pressure on Pagano to win & no lose any ground vs a divisional rival. Plus, I also know that if Chuck put Todman in there & say he fumbles the ball & our opponent takes the ball in for 6; the fanbase would explode & call for his departure faster from INDY. 

Chuck is between a rock & a hard place no matter what he does. I just don't like relying on Gore so much & I wanna see more screens from our OC Chud. If we struggle running the ball, find ways to use short, intermediate passes as part of our running game. 

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Look, I get it. Frank is available, reliable, & the man moves the chains, but if Frank tears say his ACL we're in big trouble. I just wanna see better rotation & fresh legs at the RB spot. 

I think everybody knows INDY & her fanbase are frustrated. It's not like what Gore said was profound or earth shattering & besides we saw Frank's will to win in San Fran so nothing really needed to be said. Is it detrimental to the team? No, we all know what time it is & there's only 1 way to go now: Up. 

I agree with you sw1. I've just seen all I need to see of Ferguson. Don't know why they continue to use him in pass pro. From what I've seen, he's our worst pass blocker between him, Gore, and Turbin. He's supposedly "good in space". I haven't seen much of that either. Either he's the best practice player ever or we're forcing him on the field when he has shown me nothing to earn it yet. Hey I just had a thought. He probably does kill it in practice against our sorry non-covering LB's. He probably does look like Sproles against our defense it practice. Problem is it ain't translating on game days. 

6 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I agree with you sw1. I've just seen all I need to see of Ferguson. Don't know why they continue to use him in pass pro. From what I've seen, he's our worst pass blocker between him, Gore, and Turbin. He's supposedly "good in space". I haven't seen much of that either. Either he's the best practice player ever or we're forcing him on the field when he has shown me nothing to earn it yet. Hey I just had a thought. He probably does kill it in practice against our sorry non-covering LB's. He probably does look like Sproles against our defense it practice. Problem is it ain't translating on game days. 

I can't disagree with anything you said Smoke. [Love that username BTW. If you had a posse, your side kicks/bodyguards would be Puff, Match, & Flame, but I digress]. 

Yep, every time I see Ferguson in game action he doesn't exactly dazzle me or pop off my television screen. Your Sproles line made me chuckle. Even if we had the real deal, Pags would use him wrong. 

3 hours ago, Jaric said:

If we were offered even a conditional 7th for him we should jump all over it before the other GM comes to his senses.

We can suck at running the ball without Frank Gore.  I don't blame him for the running game being inept, but we aren't going anywhere and our next GM will need all the picks he/she can get.

Not sure what you mean by "running game being inept."  Gore is 8th ranked in the NFL right now.  You don't have an 8th ranked RB yardage wize and still "suck."  I think some of you guys think that other backs are regularly putting up 100 yd  games.  They don't.  After an okay start, the running game has been getting stronger.  

55 minutes ago, A8bil said:

Not sure what you mean by "running game being inept."  Gore is 8th ranked in the NFL right now.  You don't have an 8th ranked RB yardage wize and still "suck."  I think some of you guys think that other backs are regularly putting up 100 yd  games.  They don't.  After an okay start, the running game has been getting stronger.  

Neat.  As a team they're ranked 18th.  So I suppose we should be excited they're now just below average instead of inept.  Progress!

Seriously though, thats not even really the point which was about this idea that we'll be able to trade Gore for anything.  

17 hours ago, Jaric said:

Neat.  As a team they're ranked 18th.  So I suppose we should be excited they're now just below average instead of inept.  Progress!

Seriously though, thats not even really the point which was about this idea that we'll be able to trade Gore for anything.  

You've clearly given up on the team.  Good for you.  Enjoy the baseball playoffs and the start of the basketball season.  This is not about being "excited"...it's about where the team is and where it is going.  Your comment about the running game being "inept" was hyperbole to prove your point. If the line is rounding into shape (which the evidence supports), and can have sustained improvement, the season is far from over.  The defense needs help, but neither Gore's lament, nor your calls for parting out the team are particularly helpful.  A conditional 7th round pick?  How many of those actually make a team? 

8 minutes ago, A8bil said:

You've clearly given up on the team.  Good for you.  Enjoy the baseball playoffs and the start of the basketball season.  This is not about being "excited"...it's about where the team is and where it is going.  Your comment about the running game being "inept" was hyperbole to prove your point. If the line is rounding into shape (which the evidence supports), and can have sustained improvement, the season is far from over.  The defense needs help, but neither Gore's lament, nor your calls for parting out the team are particularly helpful.  A conditional 7th round pick?  How many of those actually make a team? 

What good does it do to keep Gore?  He isn't going to win a championship here, and he isn't mentoring some young RB of the future.  He wants to win a Super Bowl and he won't get that done here.  Trade him and get whatever we can in return.  A conditional 6th or 7th is still better than cutting him and letting go to another team or retire and we get nothing in return.  We either get nothing for him, or we get a small return on him.

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

What good does it do to keep Gore?  He isn't going to win a championship here, and he isn't mentoring some young RB of the future.  He wants to win a Super Bowl and he won't get that done here.  Trade him and get whatever we can in return.  A conditional 6th or 7th is still better than cutting him and letting go to another team or retire and we get nothing in return.  We either get nothing for him, or we get a small return on him.

I'm conflicted. I love Gore and we need him bad. But I feel like we are holding him back, and he deserves a ring. I agree with you, he won't get it here. 

Maybe if we did trade him, we could trade him to the Raiders for our 6th round pick back that we gave away for nothing when we foolishly cut Sio Moore. 

17 minutes ago, A8bil said:

What makes you think this team is suddenly going to turn things around?  I see nothing except the same problems we've had the past 5 years (longer than that in the case of the defense) with no real sign it's going to get any better.

I see a bad roster thats that's poorly coached.  I have no expectation that's going to change until the current regime is let go.  At this point they are what they are.

So yeah, I'm fully on board for trading a 33 year old running back who apparently doesn't want to be here anyway.  Not that it matters because the only GM dumb enough to make that trade already has the aforementioned running back on his roster.  

Which was the point of the jnitial post.  But if you wanna go back and forth about how a rushing attack in the bottom half of the league isn't blowing my skirt up by all means continue.

I see things differently. Instead of dwelling on where our rushing offense is now (17th BTW), why don't you look at how it is improving. After week 3, the Colts were 25th in the league in rushing attempts, 21st in Rushing 1st downs, 23rd in rushing yards per game and 20th in rushing ypc.  Now, 3 weeks later, they are ranked 21 in rushing attempts per game, 10th in rushing 1st downs per game, 17th in rushing yards per game, and 14th in rushing YPC.  

To get to this level of improvement over three weeks means that over the past 3 games the colts are playing among the top ten in the league in rushing.  When was the last time that the Colts could say they had a running game that was performing top ten in the league over a three game period, or could say it was 10th in the league in rushing 1st downs, or 14th in YPC?  You can't.  Contrary to your assertions, the line IS getting better.  Luck is getting better.  The running game is getting better. There are reasons to be positive, offensively..you're just not trying to see the progress because of the losses. Understandable, but progress is being made.  

Defensively is a bigger issue, but too soon to bail, IMO.

23 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

i would be open to trading him, but i doubt there is much of a market.  i dont think i would take a 7th either, i would rather watch him play for us this year

if i were another team wanting a back, i would rather just draft one

we would need a team like the vikings to think that gore was the missing piece for a super bowl this year, other wise they will just use their own picks to draft a back, and its going to be a good year for that position.

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

i would be open to trading him, but i doubt there is much of a market.  i dont think i would take a 7th either, i would rather watch him play for us this year

if i were another team wanting a back, i would rather just draft one

we would need a team like the vikings to think that gore was the missing piece for a super bowl this year, other wise they will just use their own picks to draft a back, and its going to be a good year for that position.

Green Bay may have been an interesting option, but they just traded for Davis, so I don't see them trading for another RB