Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore: 'I didn't come here for this'


lollygagger8

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

@ Tenn L

Vs KC L

@ GB L

Vs Tenn W

Vs Pitt L

@ Jets L

Vs. Texans L

@ Minn L

@ Oak L

Vs Jags W

 

4-12

 

Sounds about right.

I like that record.  The only way any team can get a stud pass rusher is by drafting high.  And I think there is a very good PR coming out this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000722812/article/frank-gore-i-didnt-come-here-for-this

 

When Frank Gore signed up with the Indianapolis Colts in 2015, the franchise was coming off back-to-back division titles and three straight playoff appearances.

It was supposed to be a team primed to take a step forward. Instead, Chuck Pagano's squad has crashed, going 8-8 last season and starting this year 2-4.

Following Sunday night's disparaging collapse to the Houston Texans, Gore lamented the situation while talking to Indy Star columnist Gregg Doyle.


According to Doyle, while the rest of the players talked in platitudes about getting back to work and putting the loss behind them, Gore seemed frustrated almost to tears."I didn't come here for this," the former 49ers running back said. "I came here to get into the tournament."

With the loss, the Colts fell to last place in the AFC South. In the cellar of the worst division in the NFL isn't a place that a team with playoff aspirations should find itself six games into the season.

"We'll go back to work tomorrow," coach Chuck Pagano said Sunday. "What else are you gonna do?"

The Colts have come unhinged due to a defense that can't get stops when it matters, an inconsistent offense and a coaching staff that perpetually mismanages games.

Gore didn't join the Colts to miss the playoffs or go 21 straight games before breaking the 100-yard-rushing barrier. This wasn't how it was supposed to go for the 33-year-old veteran in search of aSuper Bowl ring to cement his Hall of Fame case.

 

Unfortunately for Gore, with a roster haphazardly put together by Ryan Grigson and mismanaged by Pagano, things appear more likely to get worse in Indy before they get better.

 

 

Poor guy. He deserves better. 

He contributed to losses last year, in fact the two he fumbled away kept us from winning the division, so he should also look in the mirror.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Trade him to Minnesota

 

Thats what I'm saying. He only

has a season or two left and can actually help another team. 

 

Meanwhile it looks like the Colts season is in the garbage so maybe it's time to a little bit of a mini fire sale and gain some more picks because we obviously are not even close to the roster we need. Obviously not easy but if we could get a decent return for Gore and maybe another guy or two the job would be appetizing to some coaches/GMs on the market if we have more picks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

 

Thats what I'm saying. He only

has a season or two left and can actually help another team. 

 

Meanwhile it looks like the Colts season is in the garbage so maybe it's time to a little bit of a mini fire sale and gain some more picks because we obviously are not even close to the roster we need. Obviously not easy but if we could get a decent return for Gore and maybe another guy or two the job would be appetizing to some coaches/GMs on the market if we have more picks.

We won't get much for him in return.  Which contending team needs a RB?  Minny maybe, even though they seem happy with their roster how it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IinD said:

I don't feel bad for him honestly.

I don't feel bad for Gore at all either. QB Colin Kaepernick took the 49ers to a SB & Gore was on a team that came up short vs the Ravens during the 2012 season. There are no guarantees in this game Frank. Look, I admire your passion & drive to win a ring, but do you hear Curtis Martin & Jared Allen moan & groan about not winning a ring publicly? No. 

 

Also, Gore as an aging back gets starter reps on our squad. If he went somewhere else, does he think he'd get that opportunity on a good AFC squad at his advanced age? Nope. 

 

I like him, but he needs to grow up & be thankful for the dominant platform INDY gives him to be featured at LOS. 

 

It's easy to say "I didn't sign up for this" meaning losing. No crap sherlock. You aren't working for free are you Frank? You're still getting compensated handsomely right? 

 

Guys like Jim Kelly & Wes Welker who played in multiple SBs & came up short have more justification to vent then you do Frank. JMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, csmopar said:

i do, he got took by a crappy coach and gm just like a lot of fans here. Maybe now, Irsay will wise up.  Yeah, I know you can't find a good HC mid season, but Pagano needs to go. Period.  Put Chud as Temp HC and roll with it

Gore knows Chuck from way back.  Did he really believe Braniac Pagano was going to lead the colts to,the promised land?  Yikes

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000722812/article/frank-gore-i-didnt-come-here-for-this

 

When Frank Gore signed up with the Indianapolis Colts in 2015, the franchise was coming off back-to-back division titles and three straight playoff appearances.

It was supposed to be a team primed to take a step forward. Instead, Chuck Pagano's squad has crashed, going 8-8 last season and starting this year 2-4.

Following Sunday night's disparaging collapse to the Houston Texans, Gore lamented the situation while talking to Indy Star columnist Gregg Doyle.


According to Doyle, while the rest of the players talked in platitudes about getting back to work and putting the loss behind them, Gore seemed frustrated almost to tears."I didn't come here for this," the former 49ers running back said. "I came here to get into the tournament."

With the loss, the Colts fell to last place in the AFC South. In the cellar of the worst division in the NFL isn't a place that a team with playoff aspirations should find itself six games into the season.

"We'll go back to work tomorrow," coach Chuck Pagano said Sunday. "What else are you gonna do?"

The Colts have come unhinged due to a defense that can't get stops when it matters, an inconsistent offense and a coaching staff that perpetually mismanages games.

Gore didn't join the Colts to miss the playoffs or go 21 straight games before breaking the 100-yard-rushing barrier. This wasn't how it was supposed to go for the 33-year-old veteran in search of aSuper Bowl ring to cement his Hall of Fame case.

 

Unfortunately for Gore, with a roster haphazardly put together by Ryan Grigson and mismanaged by Pagano, things appear more likely to get worse in Indy before they get better.

 

 

Poor guy. He deserves better. 

I agree, good post

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Frank ran well. Our run blocking was better. The line was a tiny better than the week before! :thmup:
 Doyle gets better and better.
And you need to hate losing to win in the NFL.
 

 80 Chester Rogers reminded me of X Rhodes, Malcolm Brown, Jerry Hughes...

I agree

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Gore knows Chuck from way back.  Did he really believe Braniac Pagano was going to lead the colts to,the promised land?  Yikes

Yeah, you make a great point BOTT. Pagano isn't exactly a coaching wizard.

 

How do you go from a magnetic guy with a short fuze in Jim Harbaugh to thinking a Ravens DC is gonna be the next Marvin Lewis? Now, before anybody says let's see SW1 do a better job, let's remember Gore knew what he was signing up for & he thought Luck was gonna carry him all the way to a Championship all by himself. He miscalculated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

We won't get much for him in return.  Which contending team needs a RB?  Minny maybe, even though they seem happy with their roster how it is.

 

Bal or Sea might take him for a mid-late round pick. Doubtful because West and Michael have played decent but those are the only two others I could think of.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000722812/article/frank-gore-i-didnt-come-here-for-this

 

When Frank Gore signed up with the Indianapolis Colts in 2015, the franchise was coming off back-to-back division titles and three straight playoff appearances.

It was supposed to be a team primed to take a step forward. Instead, Chuck Pagano's squad has crashed, going 8-8 last season and starting this year 2-4.

Following Sunday night's disparaging collapse to the Houston Texans, Gore lamented the situation while talking to Indy Star columnist Gregg Doyle.


According to Doyle, while the rest of the players talked in platitudes about getting back to work and putting the loss behind them, Gore seemed frustrated almost to tears."I didn't come here for this," the former 49ers running back said. "I came here to get into the tournament."

With the loss, the Colts fell to last place in the AFC South. In the cellar of the worst division in the NFL isn't a place that a team with playoff aspirations should find itself six games into the season.

"We'll go back to work tomorrow," coach Chuck Pagano said Sunday. "What else are you gonna do?"

The Colts have come unhinged due to a defense that can't get stops when it matters, an inconsistent offense and a coaching staff that perpetually mismanages games.

Gore didn't join the Colts to miss the playoffs or go 21 straight games before breaking the 100-yard-rushing barrier. This wasn't how it was supposed to go for the 33-year-old veteran in search of aSuper Bowl ring to cement his Hall of Fame case.

 

Unfortunately for Gore, with a roster haphazardly put together by Ryan Grigson and mismanaged by Pagano, things appear more likely to get worse in Indy before they get better.

 

 

Poor guy. He deserves better. 

Too bad for Frank. He gets his millions regardless. This 100 yard thing is just vanity dressing. Win some damned games!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

I feel so bad for this guy. He must feel like he got catfished by a 'SuperBowl ready team'.

I don't feel bad for him in that sense, only that he is in the twilight of his career and got stuck with this front office.  Other than that, nothing is guaranteed and he knew that.  It was just a chance, nothing more.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:




So I wouldn't exactly say we stink either, not Browns level bad, but I'd say we're a pretty below average team. I think we're pretty close to where the Chargers are. Actually I think we mirror them very closely. They've kept their losses very close, they've only lost their 4 games by a total of 14 points whereas we've lost our 4 by a total of 24 points. They have a good QB like we do, injuries like we do, and a coach that a lot of fans want gone like a lot of us do.

Oh, with the exception of Luck, I think the Colts are worse than the Browns.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

We won't get much for him in return.  Which contending team needs a RB?  Minny maybe, even though they seem happy with their roster how it is.

A 4th or 5th round pick would be good.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I don't feel bad for Gore at all either. QB Colin Kaepernick took the 49ers to a SB & Gore was on a team that came up short vs the Ravens during the 2012 season. There are no guarantees in this game Frank. Look, I admire your passion & drive to win a ring, but do you hear Curtis Martin & Jared Allen moan & groan about not winning a ring publicly? No. 

 

Also, Gore as an aging back gets starter reps on our squad. If he went somewhere else, does he think he'd get that opportunity on a good AFC squad at his advanced age? Nope. 

 

I like him, but he needs to grow up & be thankful for the dominant platform INDY gives him to be featured at LOS. 

 

It's easy to say "I didn't sign up for this" meaning losing. No crap sherlock. You aren't working for free are you Frank? You're still getting compensated handsomely right? 

 

Guys like Jim Kelly & Wes Welker who played in multiple SBs & came up short have more justification to vent then you do Frank. JMO. 

You are mistaken.   He didn't go whining to the media. He was answering questions and just said it.   It's true, why should he hide it.   The players need to start getting vocal.  I don't want them to accept losing.    

 

I'm not sure what you mean by "dominant platform".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gore also came because of Pagano so don't feel to bad he chose here because of Miami ties with Pagano.  But Grigson needs to go like now.  Pagano end of the season can walk to.  Grigson destroyed what this team had going.  Yes he drafted Luck anybody would've.  He found a great player in Hilton and that's it curtains closed.  Grigson hard headed went after old FA players paid them friendly team contracts and everybody thought he was a genius.  Well guess what none of his FA acquisitions worked none zero.  Werner and Trent didn't work smith didn't work I can call out plenty of names.  Ricky Jean and on and on.  Fire Grigson leave Pagano till end of the season we should be able to pick in top ten.  Wait till Luck is close to Peyton's age when he won the SB for us and we will be contenders like true contenders outside of the AFC South!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, not sure I love to hear this. Kinda whiny as hell. I mean what did he expect coming here? If he wanted an automatic trip to the SB he should have begged NE to sign him instead.

 

Besides, not like I feel sorry for him. If I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get to go back to the SB with this team it's Reggie Wayne, he deserved it more then anyone........

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2016 at 1:43 PM, BullsColtsFan1 said:

True,  I should have explained myself better.  The DEFENSE has gotten man handled in those games.  Week 1 they gave up a FG with 35 seconds left.  Week 4 they gave up a few huge TD's towards the end of the game, I specifically remember the one with 5 minutes left.  This week they gave up 14 points the last 4 minutes of the game and an easy 3 that would have been 7 within 3 minutes of having the ball in O.T.  90% of the problem with this team is defense.  Maybe they should consider running the hurry up offense all game, is that possible? haha Literally outscore teams to win games.  That's their only hope imo.  I have been positive up until now but no way we go 7-3 or 8-2 in the last 10.  I just don't see it. 

Luck is going to have to play like 2013 manning just to get us in playoffs. He'll have to throw 40 tds in 10 games

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:14 PM, ar7 said:

I feel bad for Gore. Assuming the Colts continue to lose they should just cut him and let him go somewhere else. He shouldn't have to continue to waste what he has left because the organization is incompetent. 

I would trade him for a late round draft pick because I feel he is having the years he has left wasted and it sucks because he deserves to be a super bowl champion before he retires.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda feel like we should trade him too he deserves to be on a playoff team and fight for a ring. The guy is one of the best runners in the modern Era. We suck and need to rebuild so a pick helps and Frank gets a shot at his ring. Definitely deserves better then this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2016 at 11:25 AM, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I am glad he voiced his opinion.  Us fans are in the same boat!  

Hardly. We fans aren't 9th on the NFL's All Time Rushing List, nor hanging on to play in a Super Bowl....  none of us are taking beatings behind rookies, and losing.

 

Of course, none of us are making millions for being Colts, either....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 17, 2016 at 6:21 PM, BOTT said:

 You are mistaken.   He didn't go whining to the media. He was answering questions and just said it.   It's true, why should he hide it.   The players need to start getting vocal.  I don't want them to accept losing.    
 
I'm not sure what you mean by "dominant platform".

 

 

Correction: Myles said this above not BOTT. For some reason, my quote feature is malfunctioning tonight. 

 

I never claimed Gore "whined to the media" Myles. Who cares?  As a matter of fact, I figured he was responding to a reporter's question after the game. I hate when players say stupid stuff like this. Look, I get being frustrated, disappointed, even distraught over the outcome on SNF. Grow up Frank. Seriously. I'm not doubting his drive to win or even his production & preparation Myles. You just never say this on camera because it undermines the coaching staff & opens the flood gates to additional scrutiny. Frank must be a professional & not give the 5th estate an easy opening to fracture the locker room. 

 

Dominant platform means a starting role on a good NFL team given Gore's age & tread on his worn RB tires. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2016 at 8:45 PM, bravo4460 said:

 

Bal or Sea might take him for a mid-late round pick. Doubtful because West and Michael have played decent but those are the only two others I could think of.

Philly wanted him before we took him from them. He has better ball security then Matthews so I could see it being a good fit. I agree with you about Minnesota too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2016 at 5:34 PM, JPFolks said:

He contributed to losses last year, in fact the two he fumbled away kept us from winning the division, so he should also look in the mirror.  

 

Do you even watch this team play?

 

Actually, do you even watch football? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2016 at 5:56 PM, 21isSuperman said:

We won't get much for him in return.  Which contending team needs a RB?  Minny maybe, even though they seem happy with their roster how it is.

 

We wont get anything for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Nah, we won't.  I'd like to see us try and get rid of some of the older vets for late round picks, but even conditional 6th and 7th rounders aren't likely.

 

Yeah, about the only GM willing to make those trades is Ryan Grigson.

 

Maybe after we fire him, we can trade all those old washed up players he wanted to his new team for their draft picks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Nah, we won't.  I'd like to see us try and get rid of some of the older vets for late round picks, but even conditional 6th and 7th rounders aren't likely.

Frank isn't useless with actual run blocking. he could be a great addition to a Playoff team. we are not gonna ask for a 2nd or 3rd pick for him but I'm sure some one would gI've up a 5 or 6th. Don't matter cause our stupid FO still thinks we can win lmao so they won't trade anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, southwest1 said:

 

 

Correction: Myles said this above not BOTT. For some reason, my quote feature is malfunctioning tonight. 

 

I never claimed Gore "whined to the media" Myles. Who cares?  As a matter of fact, I figured he was responding to a reporter's question after the game. I hate when players say stupid stuff like this. Look, I get being frustrated, disappointed, even distraught over the outcome on SNF. Grow up Frank. Seriously. I'm not doubting his drive to win or even his production & preparation Myles. You just never say this on camera because it undermines the coaching staff & opens the flood gates to additional scrutiny. Frank must be a professional & not give the 5th estate an easy opening to fracture the locker room. 

 

Dominant platform means a starting role on a good NFL team given Gore's age & tread on his worn RB tires. 

 

What worn RB tires? Can't think of 1 game where this was shown. In fact, since being here, I've seen a RB that has shown no signs of age, and has been making the most of every carry he gets behind the OL. You can easily look at stats and make that claim, but a totally different story when watching him. 

 

Also, agreed on the negative impact this has as you mention. But it's somewhat good that he spoke out in frustration and hopefully does so in the locker room too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is wild. People talking about trading Gore for some 5th or 6th round pick.

Our best RB by a large margin and this kind of talk?

I understand a lot of fans are frustrated and I get that. But to start talking out of your minds is ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

This is wild. People talking about trading Gore for some 5th or 6th round pick.

Our best RB by a large margin and this kind of talk?

I understand a lot of fans are frustrated and I get that. But to start talking out of your minds is ridiculous.

 

Gore is 33 years old. He has maybe one -- at most two -- seasons left in the tank after this current season. That's probably being generous. All indications are that our team this year has become a dumpster fire. If you can trade Gore for a 5th round pick you do that all day long. It isn't even remotely ridiculous. Problem is no team is ever going to make that offer unless they are a SB contender that suffers horrific RB injuries. Even then it is highly unlikely.

 

IF it happened, would it make the team worse this year? Yes, it would. But at the same time, if we're going to lose let's give someone reps who is going to be part of the future like Ferguson. Throw him to the wolves I say.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno...I may just be a hopeless homer, but this *could* actually be a blessing in disguise.  This team just may need something/someone to play for and Gore just may be it?

Okay, so this isn't like Ray Lewis, but I think Frank has earned a lot of respect in the locker room.  Maybe guys will want to step it up for him?

Heck, it can't hurt, that's for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

 

Gore is 33 years old. He has maybe one -- at most two -- seasons left in the tank after this current season. That's probably being generous. All indications are that our team this year has become a dumpster fire. If you can trade Gore for a 5th round pick you do that all day long. It isn't even remotely ridiculous. Problem is no team is ever going to make that offer unless they are a SB contender that suffers horrific RB injuries. Even then it is highly unlikely.

 

IF it happened, would it make the team worse this year? Yes, it would. But at the same time, if we're going to lose let's give someone reps who is going to be part of the future like Ferguson. Throw him to the wolves I say.

Well just maybe there are some who haven't thrown in the towel?  As a Colt fan I say play hard and do the best you can. Quitting goes past losing games.  

What about the respect that Gore deserves and has worked hard for?  He came in hopes of helping this team, not to used up and traded away when he can still contribute.

As a fan I have a have a hard time accepting that the Colts need to make any move that makes them less competitive.

And IMO it is ridiculous for any fan of the Colts to feel that way. These are men, not robots and or throwaways.

Win or lose Gore deserves more respect than what you think he deserves or should get.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:34 PM, JPFolks said:

He contributed to losses last year, in fact the two he fumbled away kept us from winning the division, so he should also look in the mirror.  

That is a good point. My only thought on Gore is he should have taken this to the locker room and players, not the media.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well just maybe there are some who haven't thrown in the towel?  As a Colt fan I say play hard and do the best you can. Quitting goes past losing games.  

What about the respect that Gore deserves and has worked hard for?  He came in hopes of helping this team, not to used up and traded away when he can still contribute.

As a fan I have a have a hard time accepting that the Colts need to make any move that makes them less competitive.

And IMO it is ridiculous for any fan of the Colts to feel that way. These are men, not robots and or throwaways.

Win or lose Gore deserves more respect than what you think he deserves or should get.

 

 

 

I highly respect Gore and love his game. He gives his all on every play and it shows. He is a true professional. If anything, I think Chud underutilizes him.

 

We're all Colts fans and want the Colts to do well. I will never root for the Colts to lose even in a year like this where our ceiling is probably making the playoffs to take a butt whooping in the WC. That said, this team is just so flawed it has zero chance at competing for a Super Bowl. Hence, if you can get something like a 5th round pick for a guy who isn't going to be with our organization much longer, I think you do it. As much as I like Gore that is a hard business decision that you make every time IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...