Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thank you, Colts

CR91

I am glad to see you are remaining positive.  I was in the same boat until this game last night.  Sure Gore rushed for 100+, Luck played well other than the INT and we had a few guys hurt.  The defense gave up 9 points in 56 minutes to arguably the worst offense in the league(which is great) but they gave up 17 points in the last 6 minutes including overtime.  It's the same story just a different week.  The defense let the Colts down week 1, week 4 and week 6.  You honestly think they can win 8 out of the next 10 games(that would at least give them a shot)?  That includes at Green Bay at Minnesota at Oakland and at home vs Pitt.  I really hope your right but I am not sold. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

If Luck doesn't throw that one ball short to TY there would be no crying today. TY catches that ball the Colts are in field goal range. 

Come on, crying? I get that pessimistic trolls who add nothing to the conversation are annoying, but so is seeing justified backlash referred to as crying.

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

That was a heck of a game. Offense looked really efficient,  Luck had time for most of the game, and gore ran for 100 yards :thmup:. The defense looked really good for 50 mins and although the game didnt go as planned, I couldn't be more proud of you guys. we're 2-4 yes, but we still have 10 games to turn this around and I know you guys will. thank you and god bless.

:lol: Love your attitude but what team are you watching

Accepting mediocrity. If you're satisfied with way things are, then that's what you're accepting. I've said it before to you, and I'll say it again. It's a pattern with Pagano and Grigson - their tendencies haven't changed, and they likely won't in the future. Some people want to settle for long-term mediocrity with frequent, embarrassing blowouts to the Patriots and other actual great, winning franchises, because they want to and can settle for the instant gratification that is a narrow and mistake filled victory vs. the putrid Bears or now hard fought, in position to win, narrow loss against the Texans. Those people have the right to their opinion, but their opinions show that they're satisfied with long-term mediocrity. Almost "winning" winning against the Osweiler led Texans? Are you kidding me? Have some freaking standards.

Beating low quality teams or almost beating low quality teams with no perspective of us taking a step towards being a Super Bowl contender? Last time I checked that's called accepting mediocrity, if you're satisfied with that. I want to cheer for a Super Bowl winning franchise, which is something we evidently can't accomplish under Pagano and Grigson. 

8 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

If Luck doesn't throw that one ball short to TY there would be no crying today. TY catches that ball the Colts are in field goal range. 

Yes cause a win gives our terrible D a pass. It don't matter if you suck and let a team come back from 14 points down as long as you win right? 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Hey Nadine could you do me a favor then? please go to the complaint threads and tell the happy go lucky folks to stop yelling at us for our opinions since we can't say stuff to them here it should be the same in our pinned complaint threads 

I don't think people mind criticism of the team when they lose but it's the constant negativity that gets overwhelming to read every week from the negative Threads. Fire this guy, fire that guy, get rid of Luck, etc.. We get it. I am very unhappy with the loss too but some of the negative stuff in here gets old. It becomes Trolling after a while when people make Threads like get rid of Luck. That is absurd.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think people mind criticism of the team when they lose but it's the constant negativity that gets overwhelming to read every week from the negative Threads. Fire this guy, fire that guy, get rid of Luck, etc.. We get it. I am very unhappy with the loss too but some of the negative stuff in here gets old. It becomes Trolling after a while when people make Threads like get rid of Luck. That is absurd.

Well I totally agree about getting rid of luck thing and I told that guy how dumb it was too. But if people like me and some of the others who legitimately love the Colts complain cause we love our team and hate seeing it be destroyed we shouldn't get yelled at for complaining. the mods always run to the aid of the defenders yet when they come to the pinned threads that are for complaining and take shots at us it's all good? Shoukd be the same both ends is my point 

3 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

did you watch the game

What? Brock didn't get going til the second half found his rhythm then touched us just like hover and bortles Stafford. The D didn't do anything special the Texans were playing poorly when they got it going they showed the the whole country the real colts D on national TV. Nothing good comes from giving up 14 points in 4 mins. I guess if you find positivity in that then be my guest.

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well I totally agree about getting rid of luck thing and I told that guy how dumb it was too. But if people like me and some of the others who legitimately love the Colts complain cause we love our team and hate seeing it be destroyed we shouldn't get yelled at for complaining. the mods always run to the aid of the defenders yet when they come to the pinned threads that are for complaining and take shots at us it's all good? Shoukd be the same both ends is my point 

I am at the point where I will agree, a change looks like it needs to be made. I stick up for Chuck a lot but after last night I am not very happy. I would prefer Harbaugh but I cant see him leaving Michigan.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Hey Nadine could you do me a favor then? please go to the complaint threads and tell the happy go lucky folks to stop yelling at us for our opinions since we can't say stuff to them here it should be the same in our pinned complaint threads 

you can say things to them.....just not personal shots

Just now, Nadine said:

you can say things to them.....just not personal shots

Lol well I'm not quite sure what is and isn't a personal shot on this site. I get insulted by the Grigson defense squad and that's ok but I said someone was content with the Colts being mediocre and you called it a personal shot. Imo a personal shots would be if I saI'd "hey stupid your ok with the Colts being mediocre" that should be a personal shot 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Lol well I'm not quite sure what is and isn't a personal shot on this site. I get insulted by the Grigson defense squad and that's ok but I said someone was content with the Colts being mediocre and you called it a personal shot. Imo a personal shots would be if I saI'd "hey stupid your ok with the Colts being mediocre" that should be a personal shot 

:dunno: perhaps there is some confusion caused by the fact that I removed the posts in question from this thread.  They were 'name calling' which is a personal shot here

you are correct, adding "hey stupid' would make that a personal shot.

But, I can see where you saying someone is content with a mediocre team would be taken personally and therefore bait an inkind response.  Just because they are not unhinged does not mean they are happy. That's just you inferring that because they are not as angry as you, they don't really care if the team plays well.

Making insulting assumptions about people causes problems too.  Before you assume that they are content with a mediocre team, maybe ask them if they'd like the team to play like this forever. I doubt anyone would answer  yes to that......except possibly a fan of another team.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

the outcome should have been different. We should have won, but that doesnt deter the fact that we did some really good things especially with all the injuries that occurred in that game

See how easy it is to say, they should have played better early against our usually poor defense and been ahead in the 4th quarter.
 A shame we have no pass rush, ILB`ers, an ancient safety, and two inexperienced ones, and are Very iffy at one CB position, if not two.
  Gee, we Should be good enough in the 4th quarter with All that to stop the lowest scoring offense in the NFL!  Hmmmm!
  And i too agree we did some really good things in the game. I like the trend on offense overall.
But with no reason to expect anything more than baby steps with all the youth involved. JMO of course.
  Go Colts!

Hey man thanks for the positive post. People around here seem to like to cry and only be pessimistic about the team. If we do well nobody has anything to say. I do understand that there needs to be a change but for some reason people like to beat a dead horse around here. We need pass rush (no s**t). Pagano and grigson suck (they might but who can we hire that's better). Defense sucks we need to focus on them next draft (we know because it's been said in almost every thread). Keep up the positivity this forum needs it.

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

I have no issue with that. Be upset if you want, but I would rather look at the positives. 

The team is a 2-4 hot mess. I've been watching football for 57 years and last night was the 1st time I've seen a team line up 4th and 2 inches in shot gun , only good RB on the bench and take a sack. Put that one with the 4th and 2 feet similar play call in Jax loss and maybe you might see a trend ?

1 hour ago, James said:

Accepting mediocrity. If you're satisfied with way things are, then that's what you're accepting. I've said it before to you, and I'll say it again. It's a pattern with Pagano and Grigson - their tendencies haven't changed, and they likely won't in the future. Some people want to settle for long-term mediocrity with frequent, embarrassing blowouts to the Patriots and other actual great, winning franchises, because they want to and can settle for the instant gratification that is a narrow and mistake filled victory vs. the putrid Bears or now hard fought, in position to win, narrow loss against the Texans. Those people have the right to their opinion, but their opinions show that they're satisfied with long-term mediocrity. Almost "winning" winning against the Osweiler led Texans? Are you kidding me? Have some freaking standards.

Beating low quality teams or almost beating low quality teams with no perspective of us taking a step towards being a Super Bowl contender? Last time I checked that's called accepting mediocrity, if you're satisfied with that. I want to cheer for a Super Bowl winning franchise, which is something we evidently can't accomplish under Pagano and Grigson. 

This is a great post. 

1 hour ago, James said:

This is a great post. 

16 minutes ago, KB said:

Hey man thanks for the positive post. People around here seem to like to cry and only be pessimistic about the team. If we do well nobody has anything to say. I do understand that there needs to be a change but for some reason people like to beat a dead horse around here. We need pass rush (no s**t). Pagano and grigson suck (they might but who can we hire that's better). Defense sucks we need to focus on them next draft (we know because it's been said in almost every thread). Keep up the positivity this forum needs it.

Plenty of posters are positive when the good outweighs the bad, but that hasn't been the case in a long while. 

People keep beating the dead horses because they won't ever truly die they keep coming back to life and making the same dumb decisions. 

What the forum needs is the Colts organization to start making some smart decisions worthy of positive posts. 

1 hour ago, tfunky14 said:

And if Luck never threw that first half int and if the defense could stop someone and if the Colts eliminated penalties.  You're right.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Off Topic but watch Tennessee win the Division LOL. Texans have a ton of injuries on Defense and still have to play them in Tennessee.

Maybe but if that's the case, the Colts have a shot at 7-9 8-8 or 9-7 lol.  Tenn has to play Indy twice, Hou at home, GB at home Den at home at Chargers at Cheifs and at Jags.  They will probably not be favored in any of those games.  If they are lucky I say 7-9, they could go 5-11 though. 

14 minutes ago, esmort said:

It's not just one game it's their  performance in many games.  They have looked mediocre  in most areas for a while now.  

No I agree their play is erotic and undisplcine at times, but iys not costing us games where we are getting blown out. We just need to play with more control and stability. Do all the basic things

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

No I agree their play is erotic and undisplcine at times, but iys not costing us games where we are getting blown out. We just need to play with more control and stability. Do all the basic things

You do realize who we have been playing right? Your just lucky we haven't played any true contenders yet. Cause they will make you cry. If you think being in the game against these teams is an accomplishment then your in for a rude awakening.

10 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You do realize who we have been playing right? Your just lucky we haven't played any true contenders yet. Cause they will make you cry. If you think being in the game against these teams is an accomplishment then your in for a rude awakening.

The broncos? The chargers?

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Lol the Broncos with Siemian? The Chargers really?? Your gonna use them to further your point? hahalmao ok we are done here 

chargers have put up 30 points on basically everyone and the broncos have one of the top defenses

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

Yes because the team was in position to win. we have been in position to win every game this year. we're just not finishing

This is what every bad team says after losing another game.  Good teams finish, bad teams don't.

6 minutes ago, BOTT said:

This is what every bad team says after losing another game.  Good teams finish, bad teams don't.

I didnt say we were a good team, but we're not as bad as everyone on this forum wants to think we are

Not sure why this thread was started but it should be obvious that most people have given up being mad.

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

drug free. try again

But if the thread was intended to be funny, I guess it served that purpose. I would also like to thank Bob Irsay on behalf of the City of Baltimore. They wouldn't want this team back, under the Irsays' ownership. 

Just now, CR91 said:

I didnt say we were a good team, but we're not as bad as everyone on this forum wants to think we are

That's debateable.  The colts are in last place in the worst division in football.....while being in the midst of the easy part of the schedule.  I expect the offense to improve, although Chud has been a bit disappointing, but I don't believe the defense has much upside.