Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos and Chargers TNF

Jules

54 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He's very average..but in his defense..he's a 7th round draft choice...

This is probably what he should look like

San Diego played everyone back and tried to make Denver run the ball and dink and dunk to win. They couldn't do it. By the time they got the run game going it was too late plus three big holding calls probably cost them the game. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been the nutsiest year in a long time.  Just crazy ways to lose when there's no way we should.  We're a really young team this year and different guys have done different things, so it isn't really anything you can coach other than being focused every single play. 

We have lost a top level starter to IR every single game.  2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2CB (only our best one out for the year).  Bosa has made the difference and was the difference in our winning this game.

2 hours ago, teganslaw said:

The analysts were saying that McCoy has been under pressure by fans and media; he most likely could have been fired with another loss. This was a "must win" for San Diego if they wanted to save their season.

IMO if this were true the Chargers front office would have been dumb.

The Chargers lost a couple of games they should have one and could have tied another on a bad handling of a snap.

Those are not coaching problems IMO.

I still say it was in the bag. I mean we've all felt comebacks in our bones and I just didn't feel one yesterday. The Chargers better win next week though because the Broncos will want another piece of them when they play again in 2 weeks. Usually when 2 teams play back to back like that the loser gets serious revenge.

24 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I think the Denver Offense is not good enough. They will not reach the play-offs this season. Just a hunch.

I had them missing the Playoffs before the season. I had Chiefs winning the Division and Raiders getting a WildCard in that Division. Raiders might actually win that Division. Having said that the Broncos could still sneak in at the 6th Seed. 3 teams could make the Playoffs from the AFC West. I had Pats, Steelers, Colts, and Chiefs winning their divisions and Bengals/Raiders as my WildCard teams before the season but the Bengals look bad right now and play the Pats coming up. I think on a 10 day rest the Broncos will probably beat the Texans next week on Monday Night Football in MileHigh to get to 5-2. Most 5-2 teams usually get in % wise.

Mike McCoy is still on the hot seat - it isn't so much for this year's start as for the long term games lost in this similar fashion (mental mistakes etc.), his perceived timidity, second guessing and slow reactions.  If he can right this ship and be more bold and decisive I would keep him.  I'm not sure anyone would have done significantly better with the freak injury storm the Chargers have had the past 3 years.  Someone has a voodoo doll somewhere *she says only 1/2 kidding*  

Siemien is no Peyton Manning.  That said, he's just starting.  He can make some tight throws.  He's slow on processing the field when under pressure - which our D gave him all night.  He's played pretty well, but EVERY young qb goes through regression a few times before they get their legs under them.

We are so young, we were ranked 9th youngest at the beginning of September but with the injuries I would bet we're considerably younger today.  This draft class is going to turn out to be a very good one.  6 out of 8 picks (Jatavis Brown was a compensatory pick) are playing significant roles.  Donovan Clark, 7th round G is on IR, C Max Tuerk is sitting under Matt Slauson to gain experience.

This is a very transitional year for us.   

36 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I think the Denver Offense is not good enough. They will not reach the play-offs this season. Just a hunch.

That has entered my minds as well.

With the Patriots, Bills, Steelers, Ravens, Raiders, Bengals,  Houston and hopefully the Colts(?) in the mix making a wild card could be a task.

The Chargers made the Bronco's look pretty bad last night for sure. Less that 100 yards in the first half?

The final yardage came from garbage time too.

27 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

Those stupid "color rush" unis make the game look like a convention of overgrown elves. It was painful to watch.

Someone in my twitter feed said, "what are grown men doing playing in 'onesies'?!"  That's exactly what they look like.  The Chargers weren't bad, I would actually enjoy seeing the shirts with white pants for a 3rd regular uniform look.

The Broncos looked like neon "orangesicles"

30 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Someone in my twitter feed said, "what are grown men doing playing in 'onesies'?!"  That's exactly what they look like.  The Chargers weren't bad, I would actually enjoy seeing the shirts with white pants for a 3rd regular uniform look.

The Broncos looked like neon "orangesicles"

Teletubbies play ball...

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Apart from the SD and ATL games, the offense looked better than last season.  It had a few lucky breaks along the way, but still it looked improved. Give them a mulligan for a newbie QB and Siemian's shoulder, but it has to get back on track next game. Like last season it has become the Emmanuel Sanders Show where it looks like he's the only one on offense who shows up every week. If this trend continues then yes it's pretty much a gutter O again.

The defense, while still good, is just not the dominate force of destruction it was last season. I still think they'll be a wildcard at worst, but that defense can't carry them to another SB. Grape Crush is the new Orange Crush...those Vikings look good...

18 hours ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Just saw this on twitter and got a good chuckle out of it.

That was priceless ODR. haha Thank you for that. I needed a good laugh today. 

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It don't surprise me that the Chargers are winning but to see the Bronco's play this bad is surprising. I guess they are pretty mistake prone with out Kubiak.

Speaking of Gary, what exactly was the health ailment that sidelined him last night? I usually just watch the games & steer clear of Pre game stuff entirely. 

17 hours ago, Jules said:

Looks like the Chargers are finally going to win!

That is a catchy jingle. I feel like I need a mirror ball, my shirt collar flipped up, sideburns, & clogs on now. 

#The 1970's Never Left Reboot. Just joking! 

15 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

On Kubiak I heard yesterday that it was migraines.

Don't be hatin' on our "San Diego Superchargers" Saturday Night Live special theme song... :rock:

We've tried to replace it but the fans love it, lol!

And I thought our race car sound was bad?  :D

16 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

H A T E  T H E  P R E V E N T  O F F E N S E!!!!!!!  Especially when you have one healthy 2nd year RB to carry the entire load.... geesh!

I watched most of the game last night.  Good win for your team.  I always enjoy listening to Rivers after games.  He's very animated with his hands lol.  When Denver got the FG with around 30 sec left then recovered the onside kick, I really felt for the Chargers.  I thought it was going to be the same tune just a different week!  I am glad they pulled it out!  Fun game to watch!

1 hour ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Apart from the SD and ATL games, the offense looked better than last season.  It had a few lucky breaks along the way, but still it looked improved. Give them a mulligan for a newbie QB and Siemian's shoulder, but it has to get back on track next game. Like last season it has become the Emmanuel Sanders Show where it looks like he's the only one on offense who shows up every week. If this trend continues then yes it's pretty much a gutter O again.

The defense, while still good, is just not the dominate force of destruction it was last season. I still think they'll be a wildcard at worst, but that defense can't carry them to another SB. Grape Crush is the new Orange Crush...those Vikings look good...

The only real difference between the Denver D this year and last year is what they are doing on opening drives. Other than that they have pretty much been lights out. OC's are scripting the perfect opening drive but cannot replicate it throughout the game. 

38 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Don't be hatin' on our "San Diego Superchargers" Saturday Night Live special theme song... :rock:

We've tried to replace it but the fans love it, lol!

This fan certainly loves it. lmao 

5 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Oh my, that is hideous!!!!!!!!!

That video reminded me of a friend I have, really cool guy but.... When I used to go out a lot with our group of usual's he would love to Karaoke and he even sounds like him! My friend thought he sounded great haha  That video is funniest stuff I have seen in a along time. 

On October 14, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Jules said:

This fan certainly loves it. lmao 

On the 1 hand, I gotta give the guy props for humiliating himself on You Tube like that, which does take considerable bravery & guts. On the other hand, I don't think it's a stretch to assume that gentlemen has no girlfriend, fiancee, or wife either. 

Some guys are just meant to be lifelong bachelors & this person in the bad wrestling outfit isn't doing himself any favors on the "I'm single ladies romantic front." haha Enough said.