Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets fix the colts in 5 easy steps

CR91

1. three step drops- we need to stop thinking we can be a down the field passing offense because frankly we are not. Yes we have the talent on the outside to do that, but not the protection and yes i'm aware we were missing two starters on the line, but even when that wasnt the case, luck was still getting rushed.

2.Fast starts and tempo-Dont worry ill get to the defense, just wanna get the offense out of the way. we need what I like to call drive-starting plays and we need them in the beginning of the game so we can stop playing catch up every game. run a quick slant, run a curl, run a bubble screen. dont try for the home run on the first drive.

3.Start Henry Anderson-Our d-line got pushed around today against tj yeldon of all people. I'm not putting all that on zach kerr, however he really didnt help himself. We need anderson back playing without a snap count. Our dline cant be moved when hes in. hes constantly in the backfield and makes our line much better. I get it no one wants to rush him, but hes arguably our best player on defense and we are rushing to a losing season if we dont get him back in the game fully.

4.Don't have cromartie on a team's top WR- I really never thought I'd have to mention this because I didn't think the colts were that stupid. I for the life of me cant understand why cromartie was on robinson. It wasnt til davis was on him that he was unproductive. I really can't understand the thinking behind this. Cromartie is at best a number 2 CB and should not be on the top guy.

5.Get creative with pressure schemes- yes mathis is finally showing his age and because of that, we have no pass rush. there isn't one person that is gonna fix our pass rush unless their name is von miller which is why we need to vert back 2014 when we were getting sacks collectively as a team not just one particular player.

My two cents

The coaching needs to get nasty in practice,  u drop a pass ,fumble, have a false start or jump off sides etc... I would make them do push up and run gasers the whole practice and if they quit we don't need them, to many mental penalties and stupid mistakes.  What do the colts do in practice cause we can't tackle , are undisciplined can't block or catch????? 

2 minutes ago, Vinatieri4 said:

1. Trade for Antonio Brown as a #1 wide out

2. Trade for Von miller to help our pass rush

3. Trade For any of the Cowboy's starting linemen 

4. Trade For Leveon Bell at Running Back

5. Pay off the NFLPA/NFL so they can put out false salary cap numbers. 

sounds legit

26 minutes ago, Vinatieri4 said:

1. Trade for Antonio Brown as a #1 wide out

2. Trade for Von miller to help our pass rush

3. Trade For any of the Cowboy's starting linemen 

4. Trade For Leveon Bell at Running Back

5. Pay off the NFLPA/NFL so they can put out false salary cap numbers. 

Open up a fantasy league and take von Miller Khalil Mack Bobby Wagner and Earl Thomas. Then get rid of the trash. Now we have a decent defense

1 minute ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

How about finally admitting that Castonzo is middling at best?

He's got to be playing hurt.  He was playing some good football before his second contract.  I don't know if the second contract has made him work less hard (which I doubt is the case) or if he has had injury problems the last couple of years, but he doesn't seem like his usual self

3 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

How about finally admitting that Castonzo is middling at best?

You'll probably get roasted for that thought, but it's absolutely true. 

The guy that got paid is nowhere near the guy who was on his rookie deal.

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

He's got to be playing hurt.  He was playing some good football before his second contract.  I don't know if the second contract has made him work less hard (which I doubt is the case) or if he has had injury problems the last couple of years, but he doesn't seem like his usual self

The year prior to his new contract Pep had Reitz playing next to him as a blocking TE.  He was average before and average since...

4 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

The year prior to his new contract Pep had Reitz playing next to him as a blocking TE.  He was average before and average since...

PFF had him ranked as one of the league's better run-blocking tackles a few years ago, if I recall correctly.  I think he also had something like just one sack given up all year a couple of years ago.  He has talent and he can play.  I'm just not sure what's going on with him right now.  I don't know if it's injuries or maybe something in his personal life is distracting him or he doesn't fit this system we're running this year or what, but something's off

I go back and forth on this all the time.  I would like to see a smart, efficient offense, but with this O-line and defense, I'm not sure you can play like that.  This O-line isn't good enough to methodically move the ball down the field.  A sack, a batted pass,a negative run, something....  Something will derail the drive.  With this O-line, you almost have to play the Arians chaotic style.  You need the chunk plays.  You might as well go chaotic and up-tempo.  Though four games, it's about the only way we've scored. 

This thing isn't going anywhere without a pass rush.   It just isn't, even the blitzes are not getting home.  And to make matters worse when the ball is checked down we can't even make sound tackles.   That's a killer formula for sure!

37 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

PFF had him ranked as one of the league's better run-blocking tackles a few years ago, if I recall correctly.  I think he also had something like just one sack given up all year a couple of years ago.  He has talent and he can play.  I'm just not sure what's going on with him right now.  I don't know if it's injuries or maybe something in his personal life is distracting him or he doesn't fit this system we're running this year or what, but something's off

Please re-read the quote that you quoted me on for clarification....

10 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Please re-read the quote that you quoted me on for clarification....

I understand what you're saying.  Reitz was helping Castonzo, making Castonzo play better.  But Castonzo being ranked as one of the better tackles in the game isn't all on Reitz.  There's a reason why Castonzo was a first round pick.  He has talent.  I just think he's playing injured or something.