Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Russell Wilson

oldunclemark

Bad ankle coming out of the Miami game....undisclosed but 'significant' injury...will miss some time for sure...

Its funny how a lot of us get so used to seeing a guy play every week (read Andrew Luck) and then he gets whacked.

Its not like Seattle has a great offense anyway but they don't win game s inthe 4th quarter with RW

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Bad ankle coming out of the Miami game....undisclosed but 'significant' injury...will miss some time for sure...

Its funny how a lot of us get so used to seeing a guy play every week (read Andrew Luck) and then he gets whacked.

Its not like Seattle has a great offense anyway but they don't win game s inthe 4th quarter with RW

Wilson has more 4 th quarter comebacks than luck,  including the game yesterday.  I have no clue who their backup is

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Wilson has more 4 th quarter comebacks than luck,  including the game yesterday.  I have no clue who their backup is

I meant to say: they don't win WITHOUT Russell.....

He led them back to win in the 4th quarter yesterday..he's great at at that..agreed

He can be mediocre for 3 periods and then star...like 2 years ago in the NFC title game against Green bay

...Major dropoff to the backup

I don't know who the backup is either...got to be a rookie

Beast Mode and their run blocking O-line led by Max Unger plus quality depth all across the board on D is what led Seattle to their 2 year domination of the NFC, IMO. It kept Wilson's throws to under 30 for the most part with high efficiency and kept the D's legs fresh too.

You can get by without WRs drafted in round 1 (cough Polian, cough Grigson) if you have the OL and D operating at a high level, especially come playoff time. 

14 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

If a guy named Trevor Siemian can win against the Panthers, I think the Seahawks can manage for a little while with Russell out. They won't be the same, but they can manage. 

By the way, good win vs the Bears. A road win is a road win. Osweiler, once he settled in, made some good throws.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

By the way, good win vs the Bears. A road win is a road win. Osweiler, once he settled in, made some good throws.

Indeed. Once he quit forcing the ball and realized that he just need to distribute the ball to the open guys and that he had a much superior team it went very well. He settled down nicely. Also doesn't hurt he has to know that John Fox defense like the back of his hand...facing them in practice all those years and playing against the Bears last year too. If Oz just realizes he doesn't have to do too much and the throws to Fuller and Hopkins will open up in time he will be just great. Kid just thought he had to earn back that contract in one half....well he has a long time and if he settles in well we are going to be in deep do do.

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

Yep, just very carefully..........

I guess this is the year for rookie QBs getting game time because of injury. Dak, Wentz once Bradford was traded again, and now Boykin. Time to see what the Horned Frog can do in the NFL :rock:

9 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Russell had tweeted that he would see peeps at LA next week. Not sure what that meant but man QB's are getting injured more as of late what's the deal? 

If Russell Wilson attempts to play with an injured leg then his career might be over soon. NFL defenses will quickly RGIII him.

He wouldn't be able to take the pounding it would require for him to stand in the pocket.

Bigger guys like Luck, Big Ben, or Winston are not even invincible. The NFL would cripple a 5'11" immobile quarterback.

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

If Russell Wilson attempts to play with an injured leg then his career might be over soon. NFL defenses will quickly RGIII him.

He wouldn't be able to take the pounding it would require for him to stand in the pocket.

Bigger guys like Luck, Big Ben, or Winston are not even invincible. The NFL would cripple a 5'11" immobile quarterback.

That's my concern..he has an amazing ability to 'escape' ....something that an injured ankle would limit..

He cant drag an injured ankle through a half dozen games..

....RW makes them go and if he's slower..thats a no-goer

On 9/13/2016 at 7:53 PM, oldunclemark said:

Looks like he isn't seriously hurt....

..he says he'll play Sunday

Suh clipped Wilson's right ankle with his right foot as Wilson was going to the ground.  It did twist Russell's ankle around some, but it wasn't too severe on replay.  This isn't a typical roll sprain, maybe a very low grade high ankle sprain.  They'll tape him up and see how he practices then evaluate.  He could very well start if it goes well this week.

Suh_ankle_step_zpscodrbd08.jpg

7 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Suh clipped Wilson's right ankle with his right foot as Wilson was going to the ground.  It did twist Russell's ankle around some, but it wasn't too severe on replay.  This isn't a typical roll sprain, maybe a very low grade high ankle sprain.  They'll tape him up and see how he practices then evaluate.  He could very well start if it goes well this week.

While I'm sure this one was actually an accident, it's also not too Suhprising to see #93 was the player who happened to involved. 

On 9/12/2016 at 8:20 PM, QwizBoy said:

Well we were at home, but thanks for the congratulations Chad :)

Will Fuller looked good, scary when you've also Hopkins who's fast becoming one of my favorite non Colts players. That hard knocks episode with the joint practice against the 'Skins...

It's fast becoming a WR arms race in the South. Hilton/Moncrief/Dorsett, Fuller/Hopkins/Strong, Robinson/Hurns/Lee (Wasn't he once the top college WR prospect?) and not forgetting the Titans combo of... actually scratch the idea I was wrong :P 

59 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Will Fuller looked good, scary when you've also Hopkins who's fast becoming one of my favorite non Colts players. That hard knocks episode with the joint practice against the 'Skins...

It's fast becoming a WR arms race in the South. Hilton/Moncrief/Dorsett, Fuller/Hopkins/Strong, Robinson/Hurns/Lee (Wasn't he once the top college WR prospect?) and not forgetting the Titans combo of... actually scratch the idea I was wrong :P 

Thanks, yeah I know a lot of people gave both our teams crap when selecting our newest wideouts, though for different reasons. I'm glad we got a burner in Fuller rather than just another big guy in Treadwell. He should complement Hop perfectly (We have our own T. Hilton now :) )

Yes the AFC South has suddenly become a receiver heavy division. First it was running backs, now receivers, and surely every single QB will be getting hype as the up and comers in the AFC. I like it haha Tennessee...well...at least they have Delaney Walker lol. 

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 5:31 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

and again Suh just happens to be the guy stepping on somebody