Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Feel Like Chuck Should be More Critical on the Run Offense...

camcolts2621

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

What purpose would it serve to criticize players to the media?

Don't you know that if Pagano would just say to the media that he thinks the run game is terrible, then the run game would automatically be fixed???

Forget about teaching technique, scheming, implementing gameplans, film review, repetition, etc. All it takes -- and I don't know why Pagano hasn't done this already -- is for Pagano to tell the media that the run game is bad.

It's all very simple...

Yes for one I was only referring to the score in that quote! Vanilla or not starters should win, why would you feel good about us winning in the third or fourth quarter if we lost in the first and second?

1 hour ago, Moe said:

Yes for one I was only referring to the score in that quote! Vanilla or not starters should win, why would you feel good about us winning in the third or fourth quarter if we lost in the first and second?

Winning and or losing makes no difference in pre season. It's all about individual issues and who is going to be on this team come cut time. 90 players down to 53 plus a 10 man practice squad. All the time Grigson is looking at other teams and who they are cutting. Winning the score is really the last thing they are looking for. Exactly what Pagano said, winning is nice and a bonus but that's not what we are looking for.

I can't for the life of me figure out why any Colts fan gets so bent out of shape over preseason games. The Colts have been dreadful win % wise the last 15+ years, and it ends up not meaning a damn thing. 

2 months from now people won't even remember or care about these preseason games. 

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I can't for the life of me figure out why any Colts fan gets so bent out of shape over preseason games. The Colts have been dreadful win % wise the last 15+ years, and it ends up not meaning a damn thing. 

2 months from now people won't even remember or care about these preseason games. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you!     Nice post.

I hope fans here will read it.       Then read it again.       Then read it a 3rd time.      

And read it more until it finally sinks in!

On 8/15/2016 at 9:58 AM, Jdubu said:

I would disagree with this upcoming season being the worst of the 5 seasons. If it is worse or equivalent to last year, this board and it's fan base in general will melt down. I see some early rough starts with hopeful grit them out wins and getting better over the course of the year. Unless Luck has a second bad year (like he started off last year) this team takes the division. 

Difficult - http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/difficult

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I hope fans here will read it.       Then read it again.       Then read it a 3rd time.      

Thanks buddy.

On 8/16/2016 at 10:13 PM, RockThatBlue said:

I get that, I understand that I really do. I have been a Colts fan since I was 6 years old (ever since I could actually remember a single game).... I am 22 years old now. I guess I just have this emotional connection to the colts because of my dad. Anyways that is a separate fact.

To answer your question though I am not actually bent out of shape when it comes to a Colts preseason game, i'm just ignorant to some facts that I can become impatient when it comes to certain position groups. When I first posted this topic I honestly did not expect the backlash that I was going to receive. I was just a young Colts fan that was apparently stating a repetitive opinion. Unfortunately, I do not post enough on this forum to comprehend that trend.

But... the thing is, I do remember preseason games when it comes to the players who make the team and no one ever thinks that they will make them in the first place. I do remember Taj Smith, Brandon King, Dewey McDonald, Jeff Saturday, Griff Whalen and recent players like Zach Kerr. 

My point is, I was preemptive in my approach with this topic and I made a mistake. Preseason games are extremely important to decipher tight situations in future games. But... to answer your question, I don't even forget about the preseason games.

On 8/17/2016 at 0:04 AM, NewColtsFan said:

I did, it sunk in and I realized that I was looking at it from too big of a perspective. 

20 minutes ago, camcolts2621 said:

I did, it sunk in and I realized that I was looking at it from too big of a perspective. 

Thanks for the post.    Please believe me,  I was not singling you out.    No way.

When I do something like this I'm trying to reach the masses.     There are large numbers here.   Only roughly 250-300 people seem to post.     But there are reportedly roughly 20,000 members.     So, I suspect everyone else just reads and mostly doesn't post.       I'm trying to reach them too.      I shoot big.      I wasn't targeting my comment to you.

You're a good guy....   a welcome addition to the community....   glad to have you....

No worries.....    hopefully better days ahead for all of us.....

On 8/17/2016 at 0:13 AM, RockThatBlue said:

I like to see what the first unit does. In this case it wasnt good but then Andrew Luck wasnt in there. Tolzein also missed a wide open Dorsett for a big gain and Ferguson missed a good gainer on the 2nd play of the game had he not cut inside and hit it outside where the hole was. Those are the two positives lol

They say a great leader talks directly TO his followers, NEVER ABOUT them. As said earlier in this thread, what Chuck says to his guys as a team and as individuals are more likely than not, polar opposites to what we or the media hear. 

At least... I hope so, cuz MAN we need a running game! :hide: