Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

19-18!

oldunclemark

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Oh and I forgot Okine had a sack or two tonight.  I think we are going to be fine in the pass rush department personally.  Got to see a couple more games, but our young pass rushers aren't bad to me. 

I think they will be better than a lot of members are thinking. Hopefully they continue is the right direction and change a couple of those opinions? :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of mixed thoughts on the game.  I thought Ridgeway was great, Parry was excellent, Morrison looked good also showing burst on the D side of the ball.   The gem (IMO) was Okine, he has length, speed and should make the roster with ease and play during the season.

The offensive side of the ball Kelly had held solid ground, Goode and Reitz were blown up so I'm still worried about the right side of the OL.  I'll have to retract my statement about Tolzien sucking (on the gameday thread) even though he's most likely not a great backup he played well.  The Colts are done if Luck gets injured obviously regardless of who's playing.  The 3rd string QB Morris did well and I'm not that worried about the run game at this time and I think the Colts will probably be top of the league in passing.  Ferguson was kind of disappointing but he held the ball well at least but I'm not sure of his lackluster blocking...............

I think this D when fully healthy is going to be pretty solid.  I think it has potential to be vastly superior to last year. 

6 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

A lot of mixed thoughts on the game.  I thought Ridgeway was great, Parry was excellent, Morrison looked good also showing burst on the D side of the ball.   The gem (IMO) was Okine, he has length, speed and should make the roster with ease and play during the season.

The offensive side of the ball Kelly had held solid ground, Goode and Reitz were blown up so I'm still worried about the right side of the OL.  I'll have to retract my statement about Tolzien sucking (on the gameday thread) even though he's most likely not a great backup he played well.  The Colts are done if Luck gets injured obviously regardless of who's playing.  The 3rd string QB Morris did well and I'm not that worried about the run game at this time and I think the Colts will probably be top of the league in passing.  Ferguson was kind of disappointing but he held the ball well at least but I'm not sure of his lackluster blocking...............

I think this D when fully healthy is going to be pretty solid.  I think it has potential to be vastly superior to last year. 

I do think okine had a good game, but I am not yet sold. If his first move was delt with, he was done. Definitely a guy I think should stay on the squad, but he needs some polish.

1 minute ago, Brett Snyder said:

I do think okine had a good game, but I am not yet sold. If his first move was delt with, he was done. Definitely a guy I think should stay on the squad, but he needs some polish.

Yeah I agree, he's probably going to be on the squad 99%.  He would only serve his purpose as a backup on special occasions or due to injury (at this time).  The potential is there to be a solid backup though and I really don't see great starter potential in him.

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I agree, he's probably going to be on the squad 99%.  He would only serve his purpose as a backup on special occasions or due to injury (at this time).  The potential is there to be a solid backup though and I really don't see great starter potential in him.

It would be awesome to see him blossom, but he has elite length and used that alone on 3rd teamers. Like I said though would be awesome for him to polish up into a Aldon Smith, production wise. (On the field)

1 minute ago, Brett Snyder said:

It would be awesome to see him blossom, but he has elite length and used that alone on 3rd teamers. Like I said though would be awesome for him to polish up into a Aldon Smith, production wise. (On the field)

Hah yeah, I'm not sure of his measurable but he does almost seem to have Anthony Davis like wingspan! lol

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Hah yeah, I'm not sure of his measurable but he does almost seem to have Anthony Davis like wingspan! lol

Everytime I read Anthony Davis I think of the old 49ers tackle. So I'm thinking "did Anthony Davis have long arms?" Then I come to my senses and go oh, wrong Anthony davis.... the super star, not the old linemen...lol

Just now, Brett Snyder said:

Everytime I read Anthony Davis I think of the old 49ers tackle. So I'm thinking "did Anthony Davis have long arms?" Then I come to my senses and go oh, wrong Anthony davis.... the super star, not the old linemen...lol

Hahah, yeah he is a superstar but he's not on a great team.  His wing span is probably one of the greatest in sports history along with Wilt.  Michael Phelps also has a great wingspan. 

7 minutes ago, Brett Snyder said:

Wasn't it a preseason game last year were we just ran it down someone throat? Then we go on to have another poor year on the ground. I love the direction we are going with top tier line talent, buy it needs to stay healthy and mesh.

Last year we almost had a 1000 yard rusher with Gore and an inadequate backup.  I really hope Ferguson or Todman can be that speedster for the Colts.  

Malakai432 

I was hoping to see a bit more from Ferguson, but I'll wait for the next game considering a list of reasons for poor execution, but you definitely forgot about Williams who definitely showed speed and shiftyness. Another poster even said he was "most sproles like" who we colts fans remember quite well. I would like to see a bit more rotation with those young guys earlier in these preseason games, to see todman and Williams against better competition. If they flash, then I think one of those two will leap frog turbin and Ferguson.

13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Had a nice sack late and while that's better than not doing anything as I always say who you do things against in pre-season football matters too.  Remember he's not going to be playing against back ups once the season starts.  Still Okine did a nice job when he was in there and that's all he can do. 

Right now I'm impressed with the fact that he actually can move like a real pass rusher. I watched the full game this morning and that play was impressive. He set the move up properly and the spin move was awesome.

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think they will be better than a lot of members are thinking. Hopefully they continue is the right direction and change a couple of those opinions? :)

From what I can see so far, and I need to watch a couple more games. These young pass rushers have enough potential to send a guy like Trent Cole packing.

12 hours ago, Brett Snyder said:

Another guy I really thought flashed today was turbin. Had like 8 snaps and ran someone over on each one of em.

Agreed... I think the Colts bloggers' idea that Ferg is the #2 because he's gotten special attention in camp and started this preseason game is a bit wrong-headed.

If he were being evaluated for a 3rd down role or even just a roster spot over Todman or Williams, the coaches might do the same. I think Turbin is nearly a lock for the backup job and will probably see FB snaps as well. 

Ferg, Todman, and Williams are all most likely competing for a change-of-pace role with special teams work being their most frequent duties... Todman is my best guess for our primary 3rd down back this season just because he is probably the best in pass pro out of the three, which trumps all when you are starting Andrew Luck at QB, fresh off a season-ending injury. 

I think Ferg has to really show out to get a roster spot, despite his obvious gifts. If we keep 4, his chances improve immensely. Turbin is our #2 and insurance policy against injuries to our aging stud at RB. Just my preseason opinion.