Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

19-18!

oldunclemark

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

The secondary as a whole was pretty good tonight. The Bills WRs were clearly having trouble getting much seperation for most of the game. Those guys played their tails off.

maybe. but Lumpkin seemed to get open at will...i thought is was the play of our corners..but perhaps the Bills just have a special player.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well, a friend told me over the phone TY was fine but misread the SB Nation Site. I looked it up to confirm and the article was from last season when he bruised his knee on opening day against the Bills. Sorry guys, nothing is confirmed yet that I have seen. I should've looked this up myself before Posting but was excited about the news so I posted quickly.

Ah maaannnn.  lol  Gimme back my like.  Just kidding.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It hasnt been confirmed yet. I posted what I posted after a friend told me he was fine after reading an article on SB Nation. I looked it up and it's from last years Buffalo game when he bruised his knee. I should've looked this up myself before Posting.

Yeah...I saw your follow up post right after I quoted your original post and gave you a like.  lol  No worries.

35 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I was pretty shocked at how well TJ Green played. They weren't kidding when they said this guy was fast. He was all over the field making plays, even won a 1 on 1 coverage battle! And had a nice hit too. I know hes kind of a project but he looked nothing like a project tonight.

Morrison had a nice game too I thought. He smacked a few people around. Good stuff from these 2!

Green really caught my eye tonight.  I look forward to seeing more of him.  I think the Colts might have something in him but one pre-season game isn't much to go on.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

If Maggitt can stay healthy I think he's got a lil something.  He's got some quicks to me.

Yeah him and Thomson looked good at times. I also like McGill looked once again, that dude gets push in the middle. I'm almost wanting him at starting Nose more than Parry right now. He can collapse the packet, he's got a bull rush and he can shoot gaps. I really think we found a gem in him. Our contain to the outside has to get better though, that's where they got majority of thier rush yards.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think he's better against the run than the pass. Flashed some potential as a rusher though.

You have to remember he's not complete. Many of his sacks in College came from outright effort and hustle. I saw on one play in this Bills game he added a spin move. As he learns these things from Mathis and the coaching staff I think we'll see more improvement.  He's got the speed from what I can see just looking over highlights.  Can't see the full game until 6:30am CST on DTV.

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well, a friend told me over the phone TY was fine but misread the SB Nation Site. I looked it up to confirm and the article was from last season when he bruised his knee on opening day against the Bills. Sorry guys, nothing is confirmed yet that I have seen. I should've looked this up myself before Posting but was excited about the news so I posted quickly.

Yeah but I that quote I mentioned from Holder he also stated that Pagano said it just a bruised knee for Hilton. 

25 minutes ago, krunk said:
  • I've got to watch the full game, but from skimming over highlights I think Chester Rogers will definitely make the final roster.  He's smooth.

I watched it all and gunna watch again tomorrow then you and I can get a thread started talking about some players?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hopefully that is what it is. Thanks. I have been all over the internet from ESPN to the NFL Site, even looked up TY Hilton's and Mike Wells twitter and seen nothing.

Kevin bowen just mentioned basically the same thing from the press conference that Pagano said Good injury isn't serious and on Hilton he said "he's fine"

1 minute ago, krunk said:

You have to remember he's not complete.  I saw on one play he added a spin move, as he learns these things from Mathis and the coaching staff I think we'll see more improvement.  He's got the speed from what I can see just looking over highlights.  Can't see the full game until 6:30am CST on DTV.

Yeah he has some tools. And for an UDFA he is ahead of the curve. But I think while he develops his pass rush technique, they should give him more snaps at SAM if he makes the roster . I liked what he did against the run 

8 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Kevin bowen just mentioned basically the same thing from the press conference that Pagano said Good injury isn't serious and on Hilton he said "he's fine"

My friend is off the hook luckily haha I was getting ready to call him back and tell him I just reported TY was fine to about 100 people and now not sure he will be?? Great news, thanks for the info.

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah he has some tools. And for an UDFA he is ahead of the curve. But I think while he develops his pass rush technique, they should give him more snaps at SAM if he makes the roster . I liked what he did against the run 

SAM is mostly where they played him in Camp

Saw RonThompson had a nice pressure/should have been a sack on Cardale Jones.  He looked pretty good coming off that edge from what I could see.  Kind of reminded me of an old school Dwight Freeney rush on the play.  Can we keep all 3 of these guys?  They all have potential to me.  Add these guys with Mathis, Cole, and Walden and I personally think we'll be alright this season with the sacks and pressures.   They'll only get better as the season goes on. 

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Saw RonThompson had a nice pressure/should have been a sack on Cardale Jones.  He looked pretty good coming off that edge from what I could see.  Kind of reminded me of an old school Dwight Freeney rush on the play.  Can we keep all 3 of these guys?  They all have potential to me.  Add these guys with Mathis, Cole, and Walden and I personally think we'll be alright this season with the sacks and pressures.   They'll only get better as the season goes on. 

Like i said earlier..all these guys seem to have potential.  Even Okine.  He seems deceptively quick with his long frame..he doesn't look to be moving fast, but when you really time it, his strides get him places quick.

Morrison is as advertised.  relentless persuit dog.  

Mcnary is just great. I think he could be a starter.

Bates and Maggitt are both fast and decisive.  some experience is going to do them wonders in making big plays.

All in all, pretty entertaining game for a Pre-Season game. Would've like to seen Andrew for a Qtr but understand why Pagano sat him out. Bills even played their starters for a series = Taylor and McCoy and blitzed a lot in the game as well and we managed to overcome it. Still couldn't run the ball but I thought Morris looked pretty good at QB and our Defense looks like it may have depth for a change. Also it does appear TY and Good both will be fine according to a couple of Colts sources.

On 8/14/2016 at 0:13 AM, Lawrence Owen said:
On 8/14/2016 at 0:08 AM, krunk said:
Like i said earlier..all these guys seem to have potential.  Even Okine.  He seems deceptively quick with his long frame..he doesn't look to be moving fast, but when you really time it, his strides get him places quick.

Morrison is as advertised.  relentless persuit dog.  

Mcnary is just great. I think he could be a starter.

Bates and Maggitt are both fast and decisive.  some experience is going to do them wonders in making big plays.

What did you see from Mcnary to make you say he is GREAT? Was that a mis-type? He was playing against 3rd string. He may not even make the roster, let alone be a starter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 *

Not too concerned about the running game stats.  It's usually kind of trashy in the preseason with most teams.  Especially when the starting QB is not playing.  I don't know how many other plays were like that, but I know on that Blitz were Todman scored the Bills had like 9 men in the box.  It wouldn't surprise me if the numbers were heavy for most of the night.  No reason to respect Tolzien and Morris. 

2 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

What did you see from Mcnary to make you say he is GREAT? Was that a mis-type? He was playing against 3rd string. He may not even make the roster, let alone be a starter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What i saw was a guy who seemed to show up at every play he was in for. He was very fast, decisive, and strong tackles, and got to the QB fast on his delayed blitz for his sack.  I was impressed.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Not too concerned about the running game stats.  It's usually kind of trashy in the preseason with most teams.  Especially when the starting QB is not playing.  I don't know how many other plays were like that, but I know on that Blitz were Todman scored the Bills had like 9 men in the box.  It wouldn't surprise me if the numbers were heavy for most of the night.  No reason to respect Tolzien and Morris. 

There is one thing to note.  Though we could not run the ball effectively.  with 8 man boxes and all the exotic blitzes sent...Bills never got a sack.  Granted some of that was Morris' scrambling ability.

As far as the rookie OLB's go Bates and Thompson looked good. Maggitt was quick/aggressive & showed alot of effort, but he has alot of learning to do. I'm sure the field was wet but he couldn't seem to keep his feet under him. I seen him slip/fall on several occasions and he showed no pass rush moves. All in all I'm happy with these 3 young rushers though. Okine did a decent job rushing but was very disappointing against the run. He caused huge holes for the RB to run through on a few different plays. He has to learn to set the edge better and not just swing way wide every snap. As far out as he was swinging we should have had a mlb there to fill the huge hole he was leaving if we where going to keep playing this way because it was obvious.

Sent from my SCH-I535 *

• Keep an eye on Darius White. The Colts were down several defensive backs tonight, which meant that Darius White saw quite a bit of playing time. He had good coverage tonight, and it was interesting listening to Rick Venturi announce the game and talk about White. Venturi said that the Colts are “very high” on White and that defensive coordinator Ted Monachino told the announcing crew yesterday to keep an eye on him.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/8/13/12469628/colts-vs-bills-final-score-colts-defeat-bills-19-18-in-preseason-opener

On 8/14/2016 at 0:32 AM, Lawrence Owen said:
On 8/14/2016 at 0:27 AM, jchandler7 said:

Sent from my SCH-I535 *

What i saw was a guy who seemed to show up at every play he was in for. He was very fast, decisive, and strong tackles, and got to the QB fast on his delayed blitz for his sack.  I was impressed.

I liked the pay call on the sack he got and he does have some quicks. He played alot of rush defensive end in college. This is his 3rd year in the league, when you look at the competition he was playing against and the lb's that got the majority of playing time its not the best look for him. Ill just agree to disagree with you, I root for every Colts player and want them all to succeed I just don't see anything special out of him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 *

Somethings to remember about the o-line. 

1.  They were playing a very good defense in the Bills

2.  With all the young guys it's going to take a bit of time for them to come along.  Grigson might have gotten the guys he needs to fix the line but they probably aren't going to be finished projects this season let alone their first pre-season game.

3.  The o-line has been killed by injuries in camp.  They don't have much time together. 

4.  The Colts were probably extremely vanilla in what they were doing tonight across the board. 

While I would have liked to see them play better I am willing to call this a work in progress and take a wait and see approach. 

56 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm really excited about Okine.  A 6'6" 290 OLB that can pass rush is something that will be hard to handle. And he can play on the D line.  Got a sack off a spin move.

Had a nice sack late and while that's better than not doing anything as I always say who you do things against in pre-season football matters too.  Remember he's not going to be playing against back ups once the season starts.  Still Okine did a nice job when he was in there and that's all he can do. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Somethings to remember about the o-line. 

1.  They were playing a very good defense in the Bills

IDK about how good that team was that was on the field though.  Both of thier top rookies didn't play, and a couple of thier top front 7 starters didn't either.

3 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

IDK about how good that team was that was on the field though.  Both of thier top rookies didn't play, and a couple of thier top front 7 starters didn't either.

Still the Bills are pretty nasty defense with what they had coming back from last year.  Look at what they did to the Colts last year.  While they might not have had everyone out there that's still a very good defense. 

40 minutes ago, krunk said:
  • Keep an eye on Darius White. The Colts were down several defensive backs tonight, which meant that Darius White saw quite a bit of playing time. He had good coverage tonight, and it was interesting listening to Rick Venturi announce the game and talk about White. Venturi said that the Colts are “very high” on White and that defensive coordinator Ted Monachino told the announcing crew yesterday to keep an eye on him.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/8/13/12469628/colts-vs-bills-final-score-colts-defeat-bills-19-18-in-preseason-opener

His play caught my eye too. Keeping fingers crossed he will contribute as needed.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Still the Bills are pretty nasty defense with what they had coming back from last year.  Look at what they did to the Colts last year.  While they might not have had everyone out there that's still a very good defense. 

i do agree that even without some of thier primary starters, they are good in and of having Rex Ryan 'Mr. Blitz" himself.

I actually want to see this team play NE during the season when they have all thier starters going.  I think the Bills could beat out NE for the AFCE.