Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay To Make Decision On Head Coach By End Of Next Week

bap1331

According to nfl network. Enough to maybe get a coach from a final four team. But again were risking the current coaches who are available.

I don't know if the Colts have an eye on the final four teams left coaches.

None of them are really on the radar for head coaching jobs with teams right now other than the Pats OC and he's already taken a head coaching job.

I think the Colts have their eyes on someone who is out there already and probably one of the six names we've already seen mentioned around this job.

Have they interviewed Zimmer, or has his name just been mentioned?

They were going to interview him on Friday I think and then word got out the Colts were going to talk to Tressel and that seems to be the only name the media is focusing on right now with the Colts coaching search.

I thought I saw that his most recent interview was his second with the Colts.

Irsay takled to Fox 59 and said he has not had someone come to Indy for a second interview yet although Fox was quick to point out that Irsay did not say he didn't go to a canadit for a second interview.

Luck to the Colts, you really need should not hide your feelings; FUNNY, If irsay says decision coming, he's already made up his mind I don't think any more coaches from remaining playoff teams will be interviewed. Tressel as HC, I'm out of here after neraly 40 years.

Early last week, everybody and their brother thought Caldwell was coming back(including all media reports) t...h...e...n, the news hit that Caldwell was history. My point is, I wouldn't be so quick to jump the gun and expect Tressel to be the next coach. It may happen, but I hope it is Zimmer instead.

How could the owner of a football team, who has been around football his whole life, do something as monumentally stupid as bring Tressel in as head coach. It seems like everyone knows it will be a bad move, but it still remains a strong possibility. It just makes me wonder sometimes how executives are able to make such bad, not to mention unpopular, decisions.

How could the owner of a football team, who has been around football his whole life, do something as monumentally stupid as bring Tressel in as head coach. It seems like everyone knows it will be a bad move, but it still remains a strong possibility. It just makes me wonder sometimes how executives are able to make such bad, not to mention unpopular, decisions.

I think it is very possible that Tressel ends up on our staff as a position coach.

Can't wait to find out who the new coach is, and to find out if Peyton is playing or not next year. That way we can all move on with our lives.

Love the SHOE avatar! ;)

Yeah, this has been a tough season for sure. It will be nice to start putting the pieces together so we can have a better direction of where we are headed.

More than likely the next coach will be someone who has never been a head coach at the nfl level. So whoever it is, it's a crap shoot. At least with Tressel he's a proven winner. I don't know why some people are saying they are done if he is hired, that seems to be a bit of an overreaction. IMHO.

I want Mike Zimmer as much as the next person, BUT seriously, does anyone really have a good reason to hate on Tressel?

He lied for his players... they were getting tattoos for their memorabilia... that's it?!

Seriously, unless I am missing something, if you can write off a winning coach so quickly because of that, something is wrong.

I want Mike Zimmer as much as the next person, BUT seriously, does anyone really have a good reason to hate on Tressel?

He lied for his players... they were getting tattoos for their memorabilia... that's it?!

Seriously, unless I am missing something, if you can write off a winning coach so quickly because of that, something is wrong.

I scratch my head over that one too. Not sure why he is attacked so much.

I believe he would be very valuable to us as a position coach.

For one thing Tressel is very conservative.

I get that and it is a very good point; however the dynamics are different in Indy. He wouldn't have full reign over the offense here, I wouldn't thnk anyway.

I am not someone who is for him being our head coach. Just noticed as others have that he gets attacked quite often here.

I think he would be a great position coach for us.

I sure hope its not Tressel .... destroy a College team running out of town admist a cloud of scandal then a couple years later goes on to get one of the best jobs in the NFL? Something just doesnt sound right to me! I think the guy should be let go with all the rest of X Colts employees.

Unpopular?

I don't have feelings for Tressel one way or the other, but I really do hope the FO makes a decision based on what they feel is good for the organization, and NOT based on whether it's popular or not.

Zimmer seems to be a consensus choice among the fan base, and he could turn out to be a complete failure.

Tressel seems to be quite unpopular with many, and could turn out to be a great HC.

Heck, we don't even know what the NEW DIRECTION is, so how can we so adamant about who should lead us in that direction.

Winning will heal all wounds.

The only guys that would really scare me are the one who've failed in the past (ie: Childress), but even that can be debunked by looking back at someone like Belichick. Childress would be a great leap of faith for me though.

Unpopular?

I don't have feelings for Tressel one way or the other, but I really do hope the FO makes a decision based on what they feel is good for the organization, and NOT based on whether it's popular or not.

Zimmer seems to be a consensus choice among the fan base, and he could turn out to be a complete failure.

Tressel seems to be quite unpopular with many, and could turn out to be a great HC.

Heck, we don't even know what the NEW DIRECTION is, so how can we so adamant about who should lead us in that direction.

Winning will heal all wounds.

The only guys that would really scare me are the one who've failed in the past (ie: Childress), but even that can be debunked by looking back at someone like Belichick. Childress would be a great leap of faith for me though.

Totally agree. There is no sure thing.

So if Tressel is made the HC and we start winning will all these nay sayers come back as Colts fans?

I don't have anything against the guy other than he seems a bit boring and conservative... But other than that who knows.

Or hows if...

Tressel becomes coach and we lose every game? Will all the Tressel lovers eat crow?