Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If I Was Irsay I Would

LUCK TO THE COLTS

Don't be so distracted by mannerisms. He was a successful coach. His players absolutely loved and respected him, and the result was championships.

With all due respect, I think the Steelers success under Cowher is more a testament to the Rooney's (and Dick Labeau) than Cowher himself. Their sustained run of success before and after him is proof of such. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a fine coach, but his reputation is a little inflated ever since he retired. He's kind of like the football equivalent of Tupac or Biggie......

With all due respect, I think the Steelers success under Cowher is more a testament to the Rooney's (and Dick Labeau) than Cowher himself. Their sustained run of success before and after him is proof of such. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a fine coach, but his reputation is a little inflated ever since he retired. He's kind of like the football equivalent of Tupac or Biggie......

I think people do this too often. That is, make excuses for a coaches failure and success by contriving other reasons for it. I admit his legend is over inflated and much of this comes from the media. His resume is impressive however.

I think people do this too often. That is, make excuses for a coaches failure and success by contriving other reasons for it. I admit his legend is over inflated and much of this comes from the media. His resume is impressive however.

Very true. However there is just something about the man that rubs me the wrong way within about 5 seconds of him opening his mouth. Every single time.

Of course that demonstrates more tollerance than my wife. She starts "yelling in tongues" just from seeing his face. Can't stand the man.

So no, I'd prefer that he not be the coach of the Colts. Game time wouldn't be very pleasant.

And I imagine that that has been what FireJimCaldwells living room has been like for the past couple of years. :)

You do know that there is more than one variety of championship in the NFL, right?

Also, the lowly 1 SB win is 1 more than most NFL HC's ever claim to own.

So what, when 7-9 teams are winning a division championship, what is that really worth.

The only championship that matters in the NFL is the last one.

So what, when 7-9 teams are winning a division championship, what is that really worth.

The only championship that matters in the NFL is the last one.

I disagree.

There is some honor in winning the conference championship. If there wasn't, they wouldn't hang conference championship banners, print conference championship T-shirts nor would fans display pride in getting to the SB. It took Indy 23 years to even win a conference championship

I get tired of these tired, old Maddenisms like "If you don't win the SB, you haven't won anything". That's absolute bullocks.

I'd hardly call the Steeler organization's run of success before and after Cohwer a 'contrived' reason to think his prestige might be a little over inflated. As I said, he is a fine coach, but to disregard the organization, where he made his name, track record pre and post-Cohwer would be not telling the whole story, IMO

try to hire this guy as the new head coach of the Colts. :colts:bill-cowher7.jpg

http://www.facebook....gid=44102598490

He's said all along he's not interested in returning to coaching and is happy where he is at broadcasting. Just because the Colts might have interest in him doesn't mean he has interest in our opening. I am sure if we don't hire Bill Cowher it's not because it wasn't thought of.

If I were Jim Irsay, I would hire my new coach, throw a party, hire Muse to play, and sip Mcallan's 25 year old scotch whilst contemplating my next dynasty. While I was at it, I would fund a research project that helps confused fans appreciate winning more while it is happening. Schwiiiiiiiiing!

If I were Jim Irsay, I would hire my new coach, throw a party, hire Muse to play, and sip Mcallan's 25 year old scotch whilst contemplating my next dynasty. While I was at it, I would fund a research project that helps confused fans appreciate winning more while it is happening. Schwiiiiiiiiing!

We should so hire Charlie Sheen. He knows all about winning at life and he's crazy enough to understand Jim Irsay's tweets!

And what if he says..."no"?

I get a kick out of how many people say "we need to get..." or, "let's go hire..."

It's that easy, right? People are just waiting by the phone and will snap-agree to sign with the Colts, right?

Cowher isn't doing what he's doing because no one is calling him. In fact, he says he gets calls every season on a near weekly basis. BUT THE MAN HAS NO INTEREST IN COACHING ANYMORE. That's what you want? A guy who rode a defense he had nothing to do with (and Tomlin has had arguably more success with in a shorter time span), who may not be 100% into the job?

No thank you.